Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: What date is best?
Wednesday 18th Oct. 0 0%
Thursday, 19th Oct. 1 6.25%
Friday 20th Oct. 9 56.25%
Oh gawd, not another poll! 6 37.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7th October 2006, 15:01   #151
Senior - BHPian

Heyy!

All of my posts have vanished! I didn't exactly see the irrelevance. I was seriously trying to push for Sheetal Bukhara + H2O since the owner is a 'pal' of mine; 'Inder-pal' to be more precise, and we could have gotten ourselves a seriously good deal! Would sure beat paying for alcohol at bar rates at some other place I figured. Anyway, atleast I'm thankful that I'm on the 'confirmed' list.

I wasn't kidding about the puking part either, you can really drench a dozen people from up there!
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2006, 16:07   #152
elf
BANNED

Smile The Samsung Meet - Everybody's Invited...

There seems to be a lot of confusion here about invites, who's allowed, etc.

In the event that I inadvertently gave out the wrong message from any of my previous posts, please note:
THIS MEET, like all others, IS OPEN TO ALL.

That means newbies, oldbies, distinguished & not so distinguished BHPians, Bombay boys, outta towners, friends, relatives, & anybody else who'd like to have a good time over food & alcohol. If you'd like to join in, simply post your confirmation on this thread - there are no invites to anybody happening.

However if you feel an invite is necessary for your presence, PM me for one.
Do note that I myself have piled on, & that I have yet to be invited by anybody.

Another thing is I'm not really that nasty - dunno how this whole image came to be thrust upon me.
If, at any stage (although I don't see how), has anybody been insulted/offended by any of my posts, I'd like to apologise sincerely. It was all meant in the manner of a joke.

So in the spirit of bhaichara & buddyness, please do come.
I promise you it'll be fun.

And in closing, I might as well sing a song from Byram Adamji for you guys...
"Pliss phorghiw me..."

Last edited by elf : 7th October 2006 at 16:09.
elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2006, 03:01   #153
Senior - BHPian

Yup Im in. Since im coming for the first time, pray tell me, are u guys on time coz im quite a punctual bloke
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2006, 03:07   #154
elf
BANNED

Yup V-16, Like you, there are quite a few punctual blokes around. Somebody might actually be there even before time! You have my number, call/SMS me when you're close to the establishment.

Shall be drawing a map closer to event date for directions, etc.

Last edited by elf : 8th October 2006 at 03:09.
Old 8th October 2006, 03:24   #155
Senior - BHPian

A map....jus get a snapshot of bandra out of google world...and circle the location....
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2006, 12:00   #156
BANNED

@Elf... very well written my friend.. I for one was almost going to stay away coz of your postings...
@shrivz... dude if you had to do something to MA(n)SON it should have been done when he drew first blood.. now if you 2 are going to get going.. please tell me I shall bring my little betting book and take bets on whose going to win the coming together of you and MUMMEEET.
I for one am going to back the BHP(rawn)ian...MUMMEET.
Cheers.
2L8uLoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2006, 12:12   #157
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
@Elf... very well written my friend.. I for one was almost going to stay away coz of your postings...
@shrivz... dude if you had to do something to MA(n)SON it should have been done when he drew first blood.. now if you 2 are going to get going.. please tell me I shall bring my little betting book and take bets on whose going to win the coming together of you and MUMMEEET.
I for one am going to back the BHP(rawn)ian...MUMMEET.
Cheers.

Hey,

This is not a bloody chat thread. Save your comments for the meet or Pm the concerned members.

Better I say it then the mods telling you.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2006, 13:28   #158
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
... I for one was almost going to stay away coz of your postings...
Yeah, right. To be able to scare you off would be the stuff of dreams...

Regarding the post dinner Mummeet v/s Bhaaloo Scheduled Slugfest for the 20th @ 23.45 hrs, my bet's on the Bhaaloo. Foraging bears are eminently more backable than relatives of shrimps. Readers, please PM me or 2L8 to place your bets, the pop-corn selling tattle-tail shall hold the wagers.
Dress Code: Tuxedos / Smoking Jackets.

Mods: I hope this shall not be seen as an off-topic chat post, as both 2L8 & me are merely fixing some light entertainment for the evening in question.
We could change this to a piano recital by Rachmaninoff if you like.

Coming to the pop-corn selling tattle-tail...
Quote:
... This is not a bloody chat thread ...
Then quit chatting & kissing various orifices of the authorities, ya gravy & mashed potato smuggler.

And, sigh, finally, to avoid confusion to arriving members at the meet, I would like to clarify one more point.
I just passed Goldem Mummemmts. last evening, & looked at the sign. Monsieur Boom_Shiva, please note that there are no three dots after the name. There was only one.
This point may be pedantic, but would like to raise it to avoid any allegations of sending people to the wrong place.

Sion Circle, however, still exists pretty much where I tell it to exist (currently @ Kandivali).
Old 8th October 2006, 13:53   #159
BANNED

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU ELF....
@ the popcorn selling limpy tattle tale... why you being a pseudo mod dude.. you aint even gonna be at the meet....
My money shall STAY on MUMMEET.... elf support your own town hero dude...
2L8uLoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2006, 14:58   #160
BHPian

Hey Guys, myself will be there for the meet with Veyron1, would be nice to meet everyone..

Cheers

Major
major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2006, 15:22   #161
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf
Monsieur Boom_Shiva, please note that there are no three dots after the name. There was only one.
You sure? In that case, what the hell have I been smoking???

Viper please come. We want to make you a "distinguished bhpian" in our own special way.
Boom Shiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2006, 15:41   #162
elf
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
... We want to make you a "distinguished bhpian" in our own special way...
Off Topic: Viper's already distinguished enough - you can distinguish him from other BHPians by the puddle of mashed potatoes & gravy he leaves behind wherever he goes. Also walks around with pop-corn. Tons of it.

@major, veyron1: Great you guys can make it for the T-BHP Annual Diwali Ball.
Old 8th October 2006, 15:57   #163
Senior - BHPian

@elf: I was in from the beginning, remember? And by the way, I'm real sorry I couldn't make it yesterday. I know you sounded through the fone as if you wanted to melt my tank, but I believe you understand..It takes more than a lot to stop me from a meet..and BTW, how's your tailpipe? Somebody told me that your hole has cracked, and there are strange noises coming from the exhaust...? I hope you can fix it before the meet. I've got sensitive ears.

And oh, just for everybody's convenience, could somebody post the directions to the Junglee ghat?
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2006, 16:34   #164
elf
BANNED

@veyron1: I was just stating my happiness at your confirmation. And no, I would not like to melt your septic tank. It sounds disgusting.

Regarding your completely off topic comments about my exhaust & it's ensuing sounds, you are now a ring contestant in the Bhaaloo v/s Mummeet Face-Off. Your sensitive ears shall then be sufficiently tempered post event.

As I said a million times before (why don't these gawaars learn to read!!!), I'll post a map & directions to the place closer to the event date. In braille.
Old 8th October 2006, 18:40   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Directions from the airport side.

I just PMed this to veyron, but i figure many of you could use this, so here ya go.

From the airport, drive down and turn off at milan subway. From Milan subway take linking road towards bandra.
Keep going on linking road till you come to McDonalds (on the left) a little ahead of McD's is KFC on the right. Take a right at the KFC corner. This road will keep going straight at a slight climb inclination.
You will pass Bombay Blue Restaurant on your right, keep going. You will pass 16th, 15th etc. When you reach 14th road, take a left. Golden Moments will be on your right side, almost as soon as you take the left turn.

If lost, ask anyone where PALS (Thats paaal like a sardar surname, not pal as in friend) fish corner is. Golden moments is opposite this famous place.

See ya.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 8th October 2006 at 18:44.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote