Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 25th July 2017, 11:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Joint Chennai - Bangalore drive: To Vaniyambadi on 13th August, 2017

If I do manage to convert "Tentative" to "Confirmed", its gonna be Me and My GT ONLY !!

Confirmed list from Chennai
1. Karthik Chandrasekar - Ecosport
2. hserus - Fiesta
3. swissknife - VW GT TSI
4. BenHarPree - S Cross
5. GB - City

Tentative from Chennai
1. hamster - Xcent (Veg)
2. Aargee - SCross (Veg)

Confirmed list from Bangalore
1. tilt +1 - VW Jetta TDI
2 procjr - TUV 300 ( based on your confirmation )
3. Arjun Reddy+ 1 - C 250 d
4. Anandbr - Verna 1.6 CRDI
5. airbus - TUV3OO (along with family - wife and two small kids)

Tentative from Bangalore
1. Brraj - Polo GT Tdi
2. SunnyBoi - Cedia
3. nerd12OO - Accent
4. Vik0728 - Polo GT TDi

Last edited by Vik0728 : 25th July 2017 at 11:43.
Vik0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2017, 12:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Joint Chennai - Bangalore drive: To Vaniyambadi on 13th August, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
As requested, a new thread.
Venue - Star Biryani, next to Vaniyambadi Toll. No. 270, NH 46, Near Toll Gate, Ambur Taluk, Vellore, Vaniyambadi, Tamil Nadu 635801
Date / time - August 13 2017, 12:30 PM

Breakfast meet up - Sri Hotel Highway Jains - near the Poonamallee Checkpost. https://goo.gl/maps/qMEsBZrGedC2 at 8 AM
Does it mean driving to Star Biryani from Chennai and Bangalore and returning after having biryani ? If thats the plan, any idea on the BLR meeting point and starting time ? I dont see any mention of them anywhere !
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2017, 12:35   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Does it mean driving to Star Biryani from Chennai and Bangalore and returning after having biryani ? If thats the plan, any idea on the BLR meeting point and starting time ? I dont see any mention of them anywhere !
Well, considering it takes only 90 minutes to drive from Attibele Toll Plaza to Star Biryani, why not meet after the toll plaza (pay toll and pull over to the side - at a convenient and safe spot - and wait) at 10:30 sharp, and we can start driving at 10:45?

Hell, it takes me much longer than that to drive from home to Attibele. LOL.

Cheers

Last edited by tilt : 25th July 2017 at 12:37.
tilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2017, 12:44   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
That's the program folks. We might squeeze in a side trip to for example Yelagiri hills which are near Vaniyambadi toll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Well, considering it takes only 90 minutes to drive from Attibele Toll Plaza to Star Biryani, why not meet after the toll plaza (pay toll and pull over to the side - at a convenient and safe spot - and wait) at 10:30 sharp, and we can start driving at 10:45?
Precisely midway between chennai and bangalore would be Vellore so we could do the Vellore Fort instead?

As for lunch this looks mouth watering. https://www.tripadvisor.in/Restauran...amil_Nadu.html

Last edited by hserus : 25th July 2017 at 12:52.
hserus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2017, 13:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, considering it takes only 90 minutes to drive from Attibele Toll Plaza to Star Biryani, why not meet after the toll plaza
Hell, it takes me much longer than that to drive from home to Attibele. LOL.
Cheers
Whats your location ? I am near Hebbal !

Quote:
That's the program folks. We might squeeze in a side trip to for example Yelagiri hills which are near Vaniyambadi toll.
As for lunch this looks mouth watering. https://www.tripadvisor.in/Restauran...amil_Nadu.html
Your reply has put more confusion now
Star Biryani is just a meeting point or lunch point ? Like to hear some details on the plan, because I am night blind. If I dont reach back the city atleast by sunset, I may opt for an airlift to reach home safely
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2017, 13:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

So - we were planning to do just Vaniyambadi. Go there, eat at Star Biryani and roam around for example Yelagiri hill for those inclined / have time.

As bangaloreans were pointing out that this is barely 100 km from Attibele I suggested Vellore as an alternate venue.

Night driving tough or not, the return journey's last part for both chennai-ites and bangaloreans will be through peak rush hour traffic if there are delays. So makes sense to head back home early enough.
Old 25th July 2017, 13:38   #22
BHPian

Quote:

Night driving tough or not, the return journey's last part for both chennai-ites and bangaloreans will be through peak rush hour traffic if there are delays. So makes sense to head back home early enough.
Less likely. As 12-15 august being long weekend for most folks. Traffic would be light all through the day on 13th.
aadya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2017, 19:04   #23
BHPian

2. hserus - Fiesta
4. BenHarPree - S Cross
5. GB - City

Tentative from Chennai
1. hamster - Xcent (Veg)
2. Aargee - SCross (Veg)
3. Queryanalyzer - Jazz

Tentative from Bangalore
1. Brraj - Polo GT Tdi
2. SunnyBoi - Cedia
3. nerd12OO - Accent
Queryanalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2017, 19:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queryanalyzer View Post
Tentative from Bangalore
1. Brraj - Polo GT Tdi
2. SunnyBoi - Cedia
3. nerd12OO - Accent
Dude, I have not yet "Opted Out" of the meet, and I am hoping you did not opt me out on purpose

2. hserus - Fiesta
4. BenHarPree - S Cross
5. GB - City

Tentative from Chennai
1. hamster - Xcent (Veg)
2. Aargee - SCross (Veg)
3. Queryanalyzer - Jazz

Tentative from Bangalore
1. Brraj - Polo GT Tdi
2. SunnyBoi - Cedia
3. nerd12OO - Accent
4. Vik0728 - Polo GT TDi
Vik0728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2017, 11:09   #25
Senior - BHPian

Adding myself to the tentative list.

2. hserus - Fiesta
4. BenHarPree - S Cross
5. GB - City

Tentative from Chennai
1. hamster - Xcent (Veg)
2. Aargee - SCross (Veg)
3. Queryanalyzer - Jazz
4. Rahulkool - Punto

Tentative from Bangalore
1. Brraj - Polo GT Tdi
2. SunnyBoi - Cedia
3. nerd12OO - Accent
4. Vik0728 - Polo GT TDi
Rahulkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2017, 12:18   #26
Senior - BHPian

Note - the destination is Star Biryani Vaniyambadi, finalized. Blr chaps will have a shorter drive for which please excuse, we know you love much longer drives than that

Can people please indicate veg or not, against their names, on this google sheet? Just put an x in the appropriate column.

Also if you're adding your name here please go to the sheet, add your name there as well and add an x against veg or non veg. Thanks

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Last edited by hserus : 26th July 2017 at 12:37.
Old 27th July 2017, 10:21   #27
BHPian

Quote:
*SNIP*

Can people please indicate veg or not, against their names, on this google sheet? Just put an x in the appropriate column.*SNIP*
Apologies if I missed this earlier, but why bother? It is not as though we are pre-arranging the food orders there - that that man orders that that food, correct? If that's the case, what purpose does this spreadsheet serve?

Cheers
tilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2017, 10:25   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Apologies if I missed this earlier, but why bother? It is not as though we are pre-arranging the food orders there - that that man orders that that food, correct? If that's the case, what purpose does this spreadsheet serve?
Cheers
They have a feature where you can contact them in advance and order a more premium biryani made with basmati rice instead of "jeera samba" rice. Also side dishes etc might take time to prepare if we pile on and order those instead of just biryani. I was thinking of calling the restaurant a day or two in advance to book a table and work out a menu.
Old 27th July 2017, 12:52   #29
BHPian

Biryani made with the seeraga samba rice variety is what has got Ambur Star Biryani the taste and the fame. Going there and asking them to make biryani with basmati rice is as good as having biryani in any other well known joint across India. While most other states use basmati rice, biryani made with the seeraga samba rice is a specialty of Tamil Nadu only. So while there, you might as well, enjoy the authentic Star Biryani.

Last edited by CAPTAIN REX : 27th July 2017 at 12:53. Reason: corrected spelling
CAPTAIN REX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2017, 12:53   #30
Senior - BHPian

Fair enough. So let us just stick with the regular biryani.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN REX View Post
Biryani made with the seeraga samba rice variety is what has got Ambur Star Biryani the taste and the fame. Going there and asking them to make biryani with basmati rice is as good as having biryani in any other well known joint across India. While most other states use basmati rice, biryani made with the seeraga samba rice is a specialty of Tamil Nadu only.