Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2006, 14:53   #106
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
My office is near koramangla.. If u want me to pick you up let me know..
But its only gonna be sometime after 10 bhai...

indranagar/airport is like a 15 min drive

Godfather
Not needed.
Just enquired to keep it as a backup plan.
speedzak is offline  
Old 14th November 2006, 14:58   #107
Senior - BHPian
 
Godfather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore / Atlanta
Posts: 1,387
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Not needed.
Just enquired to keep it as a backup plan.
No Problem,

Call me on 98459 06900 if your first plan back fires

Godfather
Godfather is offline  
Old 14th November 2006, 15:16   #108
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 59
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Count another newbie in...

Any takers for OMR (Old Monk Rum)?

I might get off from work early... need a hand Sam?

Live at NGV, anyone needs a lift from there let me know, can accomodate only one though...

Nah..., ain't a coupe, It's a BULLET...

Ciao
Samy
urdudesamy is offline  
Old 14th November 2006, 15:33   #109
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 433 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
My office is near koramangla.. If u want me to pick you up let me know..
But its only gonna be sometime after 10 bhai...

indranagar/airport is like a 15 min drive

Godfather
could you pick me up please. i live 350kms from where you work. damn, i would have given my right wheels to be there tonite.
esteem_lover is offline  
Old 14th November 2006, 15:37   #110
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,293
Thanked: 18,823 Times
Default

E_L if you leave now from chennai you'll be able to make it here on time.
Vid6639 is offline  
Old 14th November 2006, 15:44   #111
Distinguished - BHPian
 
n_aditya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 5,184
Thanked: 2,674 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
could you pick me up please. i live 350kms from where you work. damn, i would have given my right wheels to be there tonite.
Lucky for u i saw ur post... am leavin for Blore by 5pm latest today. wanna hitch a ride?
n_aditya is offline  
Old 14th November 2006, 15:49   #112
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya


Lucky for u i saw ur post... am leavin for Blore by 5pm latest today. wanna hitch a ride?
What time will you reach BLR????
9pm??? What are you going to drive? Cessna????

So, it seems the party will be rolling late into the night.
speedzak is offline  
Old 14th November 2006, 15:49   #113
Senior - BHPian
 
planet_rocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bong-land
Posts: 2,320
Thanked: 362 Times
Default

@sam - post the pictures ASAP...

have fun guys!

take care
planet_rocker is offline  
Old 14th November 2006, 15:59   #114
Distinguished - BHPian
 
supremeBaleno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Weekdays@Chennai, Weekends@Kerala
Posts: 5,136
Thanked: 1,563 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639
E_L if you leave now from chennai you'll be able to make it here on time.
Very true. My friend claims he does Chennai-Blore in 4-5 hours in his Santro. If so, even if someone starts from Chennai now (3:45 PM), he will be there before the Blore crowd gets to Sam's place.

I did think of driving down - 350 kms did not seem like a big deal when I posted on this thread on Sat night last. But then, nothing seems like a big deal when you are high on whisky on a weekend.

And I ignored a crucial factor while planning - my wife. To make it short, my wife did not fall for my "its an auto meet + can pick up some tips on ICE, straight from the guru + we could visit your friend who's just had a baby + you can shop as much as you want" line. It did not help either that she read the posts about the PYTs.

Sam (and anyone else planning such parties), next time on, please have it on a Saturday. Makes it easy to attend + gives us the whole of Sunday to recover and haul our a** back to work on Minday.

Anyway guys, have fun. And do not forget to take your digicams along for us unfortunate to have a glimpse of how it went. Videos would be a bonus.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 14th November 2006 at 16:00.
supremeBaleno is offline  
Old 14th November 2006, 16:04   #115
BHPian
 
turbofreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 112
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Guys have a blast of a time...and do post the party pics
turbofreak is offline  
Old 14th November 2006, 16:05   #116
Senior - BHPian
 
Godfather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore / Atlanta
Posts: 1,387
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Very true. My friend claims he does Chennai-Blore in 4-5 hours in his Santro. If so, even if someone starts from Chennai now (3:45 PM), he will be there before the Blore crowd gets to Sam's place..
Well he is in a fast esteem...also got to know he FINALLY upgraded the Rubber....



Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
And I ignored a crucial factor while planning - my wife. To make it short, my wife did not fall for my "its an auto meet + can pick up some tips on ICE, straight from the guru + we could visit your friend who's just had a baby + you can shop as much as you want" line. It did not help either that she read the posts about the PYTs.

Never works with me too..glad to know i am not the only one...

Godfather
Godfather is offline  
Old 14th November 2006, 16:09   #117
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 433 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639
E_L if you leave now from chennai you'll be able to make it here on time.
yeah, i had considered that. Even n_aditya just now called me up & offered to take me in his car, but the real reason is that my grandmother has expired & the funeral is 1 hr away. there is no way in the world i could miss paying my last respects to her. if only sam had planned this earlier, i might have asked her to hold on just that little longer. )
esteem_lover is offline  
Old 14th November 2006, 16:13   #118
Senior - BHPian
 
Godfather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore / Atlanta
Posts: 1,387
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
but the real reason is that my grandmother has expired & the funeral is 1 hr away. there is no way in the world i could miss paying my last respects to her.)
Sorry for your loss bro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
if only sam had planned this earlier, i might have asked her to hold on just that little longer. )
No offence... I dont see anything funny here...

Godfather
Godfather is offline  
Old 14th November 2006, 16:47   #119
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

EL, Sorry to hear that bro. Nothing funny in that loss.
Now before this thread turns to a consolation thread, take some time out to spend with your family.
speedzak is offline  
Old 14th November 2006, 16:51   #120
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Nikhilb2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,667
Thanked: 3,141 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
one for sure will be more busy eating Chicken and drinking Pepsi... __________________
that may as well describe me

I am coming for sure..... I will come a bit early and leave a bit early too..... I need to leave latest by 11:00 - 11:15.

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 14th November 2006 at 16:55.
Nikhilb2008 is online now  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics/ Report : Ferrari-Maserati Group India launch party in Mumbai Dippy Super-Cars & Imports in India 184 27th May 2016 21:46
Kolkata Meet (Report and Pics Updated) SP_Kolkata The Team-BHP Meet Section 312 9th June 2007 14:27
Mumbai / Pune Jhinga Meet - UPDATED WITH PICS/REPORT elf The Team-BHP Meet Section 202 22nd September 2006 18:22
UPDATED with Pics/Report - Mumbai Guys: Drive on 26th Jan '06 to Daman Dippy The Team-BHP Meet Section 224 26th July 2006 20:38


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks