Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Date of Meet ?
13th Jan 2 13.33%
14th Jan 2 13.33%
20th Jan 10 66.67%
21st Jan 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 31st January 2007, 17:50   #121
Senior - BHPian

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by katalyst View Post
superbike club..
whats that ??
is it a secret nexus within the tbhp?? or
nexus outside tbhp????
Old 31st January 2007, 18:05   #122
Senior - BHPian

Guys, please don't drink and drive.
Old 31st January 2007, 19:02   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Guys, please don't drink and drive.
I am moved by v1p3r thoughts, hence started this thread/poll:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...bhp-meets.html
Old 3rd February 2007, 13:03   #124
BHPian

kkr2k2 - you are really behind schedule! at this ratewe are going to have our next meeting before the photos of the previous meet hit the forum!
Old 3rd February 2007, 15:47   #125
BHPian

Default Hello there

Hey did I hear someone just say something about the next meet??? Oh yes its feb already aint it? So kkr2k2 guess you should upload the pix now atleast yaar, if we need to get the others interested in joining up too...
Old 7th February 2007, 00:46   #126
Senior - BHPian

Default Introduction of Hyd Jan 2007 T-BHP meet.

Hello my dear fellow bhpians, this review after 18 days of the meet!!!. I know its late. Better late than never. My computer crashed just before the bhp meet.(man, that happened before the dec meet as well)
This time get two extra bags of chips .... this is going to be long, very long.

The report includes: pics, couple of videos and a ringtone ! !
I dont prefer to use ImageShack, as the pics will delated or the links will be lost after some time and there is no registration involved. Hence I am using <mod note: name of evil hosting site that started to serve "ads" instead of the original images removed!!>, I like this one as more convinient as i can maintain my account.

I would like to acknowledge the effort put up by fellow bhpians to post this report. Some tried to wake me up, some tried to hurry the things by mentioning about february meet and someone went to the extent of POLITICAL BLACKMAIL. Heheheee, but i took my sweet time. As I wanted this to be an epic in terms of reporting a bhp meet.

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th April 2008 at 10:13.
Old 7th February 2007, 01:16   #127
Senior - BHPian

Default 10:00 AM to 1:00 AM

Heheheeee its not a typo, it was indeed 1:00 'AM' (15 hours of team-bhp meet)...:-).... hence the report is not going to be a short one.

Zappo put up a good map on the post which can guide even a non-local to the rendezvous point (KFC, Kharkana) without any problem. As the time fixed was for 11:00 AM, i have started at 10:00 AM from my place (himayathnagar, the heart of hyd). Yeah, its one hour early keeping my patience driving style in mind, also considering the traffic, though didn't face any. On my way to KFC, filled
diesel in my truck(indica DLS).

When I was around Secunderabad Club, I got a call from nosfreak (Nicolas); I thought this guy already reached the spot and calling me, was i expecting a bit too much??, yes i was, may be three much. He said I just got up from sleep I will take bath and join you guys at 11:30 or 11:45 AM. Poor guy, he had only one and half hours of sleep as he had a night shift.

Managed to be at KFC by 10:40 AM. Obviously I was the first guy as usual, lone guy. Here is the pic of my car at KFC :
<image removed as per PM. Please contact mods if you have a copy of the original image so it can be put here>

I had a couple of KFC coupons for free softee, so when i tried to enter the KFC, i was informed that it opens at 11:00 AM. :-x . Even a disgusting part was nobody else called me other the first call from Nosfreak, i was freakingly worried whether everyone might show their hand. At this stage called up zappo, as he stays near by, atleast he might drop in. He said his assistance might be required at his office, but promised me to come over atleast for some time, thought some saving grace at last. I was further freaked out at 11:00 AM that I cannot have the softee for another one hour. Why???, oh the wending machine was undergoing technical maintenance.

Well when I was talking to the KFC guys, at around 11:05 AM i get a call, which i didn't notice, but called back at around 11:15 AM when i noticed it. It was Solly (solemn), since he didn't get any reply to his call and he didn't notice anyone around, he thought everyone follows IST (Indian Stretchable Time) and he decides to go to the adjacent bank, he promised me to be back in 5 or 10min. He shows up in 15 min. His car with the servicing station, comes on a Karizma( hey Solly was it a black one??). Then comes a red palio, WOW what a color!!!, excellently done up, with roof rails, prominent side-skirts, beautiful spoiler... Its a 1.6 Palio Sport. It could be only a team-bhpian's... yes indeed, that was Windsurfer (Shiva). Got to know from Shiva that its a three month old and he paid 4.5L for it, ex.showroom price being 5.3L(stocks clearance by the dealers i guess). It has a very good-looking ICE, a complete Sony X-plod setup. (this guy somehow always gets away with low cost here also, paid just 18,000/- for the setup including an amp and a 1000W sub!!!, while i paid 15,500/- for my all pio set-up without a sub and an amp)

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th April 2008 at 10:01.
Old 7th February 2007, 01:19   #128
Senior - BHPian

Default part - II

As promised by Nosfreak he was there by 11:45 AM in his WRC Citreon M800. (how come I forgot to post it in the wacky mods thread, the next time i shall take some exclusive pics and shall post in the wacky mods thread) But he has got an excellent ICE setup. At the same time zappo calls and confirms his attendance. Zappo is there in few minutes in his Indica DLS, hehe.... me happy that I not the only truck driver. (though his is a later model, better looking one because of the side skirts) But Zappo was still not convinced how long he can stay. Now attention back to the red beauty. These are the pics, everyone around this beauty:
<image removed as per PM. Please contact mods if you have a copy of the original image so it can be put here>

Katalyst(Ankur) calls up he is near by and wants to know the exact location, Nosfreak guides him to the venue. He comes in a Blue Lancer, again he paid less money for that (2.5L for a used lancer in considerably new condition). How come everyone figures out a way to get things done for a lower price???.

Meanwhile windsurfer's friend Vishnu (non-bhpian) joins us there at the venue. Oh!!, by the way, the introductions were happening every time a new one pops up. I think there were three guys working for Satyam. Nosfreak for GE, myself software trainer. Then comes a OHC, its Kutlee (the story behind this is he is a fan of Bruce-Lee, kut from the mallu word kutty meaning small because he is a mallu) hence, I think he is a fan of Bruce lee since he was kutty...errr.... child. He is Mahesh. (another guy got lucky paying less for his car!!!) he has a used 2002 OHC with around 12,000 km on the odo ! ! !. It was 10,000km on the odo, when he bought.

Then comes Naveen.KK in his Palio S10, the car-of-the-meet runner-up for the last hyd bhp meet. He apologises for being in-active in the forum as he was the lst guy to respond to the meet thread on the forum. Again attention back to the red beauty, man (windsurfer) your car got all the attention it needed. We wanted to test the Bass in the ICE setup, so katalyst gets his CDs as well as Naveen gets his complete CD changer to test the Bass effect. While checking his ICE, some one suggest about
components and co-axials, I was bit curious whether anyone knows how to check which is what, so katalyst comes over to my car and checks my car, its a co-axial Pioneer 330W, I didn't notice that since 4 years!!! . My ICE is a decent one Pioneer HU, i think the s10 has the same HU, the above said rear speakers and two 100W speakers in the front. I never tried to have high volume in my car, so never checked my speakers capabilities, now i find there are some unwanted vibrations in the rear, i think changing the parcel tray from the stock plastic one to a wooden plank would reduce them.

While all this action being happened in the foreground, some where in the background Suren, who did not participate in the meet thread and did not confirm his presence, was doing work to come over to meet, He calls up srineevas, who opted out in the last moment to find whether he is coming or not. Suren didn't find luck there. But incidentally we were thinking about Suren too at the same time, so kutlee calls up suren and informs him, that he will be the last, we will wait before the drive down to shamirpet is initiated, Suren manages there in 15 min in his arctic blue santro zip plus, this was the show-car of the day. (Oh!!, nothing much on the exteriors, only a good set of alloys and tyres. But the action is inside and underneath the hood). Some pics of suren's beauty which made his day:

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th April 2008 at 10:01.
Old 7th February 2007, 01:23   #129
Senior - BHPian

Default part - III

Now its time for all of us to drive ahead to the shamirpet. Nosfreak suggested to halt at a interim point just before the Alankrita Resort, so that just incase if anybody(i guess nosfreak refered to me) is lost. As the cars were not parked at a single location, and I was the first one to get my car into position and I took the lead. Everybody else following me. Right behind me was the windsurfer's (shiva) red palio and behind him was the naveen's yellow palio. Hehehee, i being the slowest of all, I felt the red palio wanted some action (it has got 100 horses under the bonnet). So gave him the place to overtake me and the yellow palio was tailing me. Guess what the speedometer jumped by atleast 20kmph in all the three cars, yes including me.

We entered the contonement area and suddenly shiva stops his red palio...err.... rather it was stopped by an angry looking army officer and a jawan. The officer stops his bike right across the red palio. He is angry. That was a red signal on the traffic light. Damn!, it wasnt visible as the signal is easily blocked by another jawan standing on the road, also the sun was directly hitting the traffic light, reducing the visiblity further to almost nill. Since I was maintaining good distance, I stop in time before the stop line. The army officer forces shiva to the left and seizes the keys and gives to a jawan to teach shiva a lesson. I cross the intersection and pullover to negotiate with the army jawan, by that time naveen and zappo also join and Zappo, my goodness with a requesting smile on the face coarses
the jawan to give the keys in less than 5 min. (hmmn, i missed to take the pic of this event)

I announce that I am going to lead the pack, as I am cautious type, but i guess nosfreak was a bit freaked out with the pace of things going on (it was already 12:40). So nosfreak takes the lead. The line up was: Nosfreak in the lead in his M800; the red and yellow palio; me in my indica; kutlee in his OHC 1.5; suren in his santro; katalyst in his lancer;zappo in his indica; (correct me if i wrongly quoted the order, atleast zappo, kutlee and suren were behind me). As we move, the speeds started to increase, and at one point i think the OHC 1.5 could not take the insult of going around at 60kmph....)..... he decides to overtake and he does that one with ease and then the lancer too. Me, not seeing much traffic from the oppsite side and it being a national highway, floor the throttle and few seconds later I hit 100kmph ! ! !. This is when I get a shock of my life. The santro also overtakes me at 100 with easy... my god!!!, i was sure that some mods are under the bonet.

As decided we stop at the interim meeting point. All the cars lined up on the left side of the road. It was an excellent view of all the cars lined up on the side. Where is my camera???....oops as i didnt had a partner, i asked vishnu, friend of shiva, sitting in the red palio to be the photographer. Damn, by the time i asked him to take the pic, everyone started to move. So I asked Vishnu to sit in my car, so that I can indicate him when to take videos of the guys overtake me. This is the video taken from my car:

Now again we start to the dhaba where we suppose to have our lunch which nosfreak knew the place. This time everyone move ahead of me expect zappo. Shiva decides to go slow this time but ahead of me, may be he was missing his buddy, who was sitting with me in my car as the camera man. We reach shamirpet and were supposed to halt before the shamirpet lake and we hit the lake but no sign of any of the cars. I see the red palio infront of me and suddenly zappo pulls over to the left; I feel something has happened. Either we are lost or everyone else lost us. The red palio continues to go on and zappo calls me up so I also pull over and stop. We talked to nosfreak about it and we were informed that we crossed them 5 min earlier. Vishnu also talks with his buddy(shiva) to come back. We see nosfreak on the side of the road but no cars!!!. Thats the reason why we missed them. We were expecting to see a bunch of cars on the left and hence missed out nosfreak standing on the road (its not that he is not noticable).

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th April 2008 at 10:02.
Old 7th February 2007, 01:24   #130
Senior - BHPian

Default part - IV

Anyways, atlast we all got to the place. Already the cars were parked (nosfreak earlier informed us that around 30 cars can be parked there, and it was true) and we three had to park, so I was looking for a place where i can put my car in shade. Oh!!, i didnt tell you guys, I had a bottle of tequilla in my car, so didnt wanted that to get heated up in the sunny afternoon. Finally i find a place behind the yellow palio. Here is the pic:

The tables for the lunch are set on a bit elevated place under trees, we had a very good view of all the cars:

Ironically, the dabhawala gave a compliment on the yellow palio s10 as the 'queen of the cars' (naveen, paisa wasool??), and suggested to have that car in the center and the red palio(king??) next to it. Though didnt arrange them in that order, but got our cars straightened so that we can take pics of all the cars lined up:

Then we ordered some thing to have as food, nosfreak played a role of a good host. Suren ordered a quarter of his RC, while naveen has a mini bar in his s10, also has ice-box (oh!!! its not ICE, its ice made of water!!!, though he got a good ICE setup too). He got a quarter Smirn-off, lemon cordial. Nosfreak went for a breezer. Kutlee doesnt drink in the day-time. I think even vishnu doesnt drink. I think i was the only guy who had all the three. While katalyst only had beers. Next how many bottle did we ordered, dont know. forgot.(My tequilla was preserved for later in the evening.) Some pics:

Next it was a time for some entertainment, so nosfreak and suren get their cars onto the ramp, where we were having our food, to show-off their ICE setup. Nosfreak has a blaupunkt basstube, while suren has all JBL...rather JBLfied santro. Notice the suren's JBL amp, its cool. (sam wont you reward suren for making things good for you???)

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th April 2008 at 10:02.
Old 7th February 2007, 01:27   #131
Senior - BHPian

Default part - V

In the meanwhile zappo was getting late for his work(yeah it was a saturday, but he had some unofficial work). Also mobike wanted to meet us in the evening, since saturday is also a working day for him and also another bhpian(furioussphinx) wanted to join us, as he is still a student and he had some pratical exam. So we asked mobike to pick up Furioussphinx but the venue to meetup for the evening session was not decided. We promised to get back to mobike about the place a few min.s later, but we fortot about that for a couple of hours conveniently.

The talk continued, booze continued, i dont remember much of the talk ( i was drunk). Oh yeah!, had my share of vodka with lime cordial with soda. Didnt like it so went on to next one with vodka with cordial with sprite, that was good. next onto join nosfreak, freaked out with adding vodka with breezer ... heheheee.... well i was not the only devil minded. Others had devilish ideas of making it out with acholic products like..... Rasgolla in vodka ! ! ! ; or how about Jilebhi soaked in vodka or white rum HahAhaaaaa. Then went onto join Suren, he has a RC! :-)... though Blenders Pride (BP) is my choice to attain spirituality, tried with RC this time in my receipe - RC with Sprite with fresh lime juice (was missing ice, which i usually fill the glass with, ice - made of water, this is getting onto me. ice and ICE, lower case for water, upper case for cars)

Hey!!, who was that with the nanapateka's ringtone. Was it from you naveen. We should post it here dude. When ever suren became explicitive, he had to blame nana for this....hahaaahhhaaa. We have one distinguished member, who doesnt drink in the day but only does in the night. (night owl???) It happens that he doesnt have money, but so passionate about cars and hence drives a OHC 1.5 and btw, did i say that his car key chain is pure silver with plate with 18 carat gold. hmm!, wonder what would be the quantum of money he desres to call himself as a rich guy!!!. This is the pic:

And this is the nana's rintone:

Kutlee was more inclined towards lunch than the booze. So ordered the lunch. Finall we are done with our lunch. Suren mentioned that he has purchased some land some near the dhaba, where we were. So decided to go there for the Wheel-Spin. Some pics before leaving:
I dont know what happened, but it looks like an issue between suren and katalyst:

group pics:
from left to right: Vishnu(guest came with windsurfer), Me (raja shekar a.k.a kkr2k2), shiva (windsurfer), ankur(katalst), nicolas(nosfreak), suren(suren181), mahesh(kutlee)

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th April 2008 at 10:03.
Old 7th February 2007, 01:29   #132
Senior - BHPian

Default part - VI

The two performing cars were to be the chariots for us the wariors to the battle ground. Kutlee's OHC 1.5 and Suren's Santro Zip-plus. Suren, Katalyst, Naveen and Nosfreak in Suren's santro. Me, Kutlee, windsurfer and vishnu in kutlee's OHC 1.5. Suren's pocket rocket was always ahead. and Some cool picsof suren's farm house:

See that rock on the hill, one day we will have 'on the rocks'. What do you say suren??

Take a look at the farms in the site:
The grape garden:
The rice fields:

( Note: Wine is produced from Grapes, Vodka from rice ! ! ! ) So our friend wanted that place to be fertile so did some organic farming stunt: (Mods, please dont banish me!, I took suren's consent before posting this image)

The opposite side of the site has good greenery:

Now its our turn to drive the santro. I took our the wheel, first drove it carefully, till i get a fell of the car. I drove a santro earlier and always felt this car might flip over if a turn is executed at high speeds. Slowly increased the speeds till I got used to the car. Later increased the ripping. Some guys would laugh at me, but this is the first time I have shifted to 4th gear at 100 kmph, that too in a car like santro. Now nosfreak took over the wheel. He ripped the h3ll out of the car, while suren was encouraging to rip it further. Nosfreak hit 115kmph in 3rd, and some more grunt was left in the car, may be it can go till 125 kmph in the 3rd ! ! !, but we ran out of road. Here is the pic, nosfreak ripping the santro, the speedo hitting 100kmph on its way to 115kmph, Oh!! btw, we were 4 people in the car
totalling close to 300kgs and the fuel tank close to half.

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th April 2008 at 10:04.
Old 7th February 2007, 01:30   #133
BHPian

Good one kkr... A red Palio and An yellow one next to each other would sure look good, how did you miss that. I missed meeting Suren, Zappo and Mahesh, hopefully next time.
Old 7th February 2007, 01:32   #134
Senior - BHPian

Default part - VII

This time Kutlee was in a bit hurry, so ripped his OHC and went out of sight. (may be he didnt wanted to get insulted by the santro staying ahead of his OHC.). We reached the place(dhaba) and went into the parking lot, by then kutlee left the place. Suddenly I realise I forgot my car keys in the kutlee's car on our way to suren's farm house. I inform suren about it and suren calls up kutlee to slow down and suren would catch him up and get my keys. I had full confidence by now on suren's car and his driving skills that he will catch up with kutlee's OHC. So here I am busy taking pics of the Katalyst Lancer.

Well guys it was a prank played by suren and katalyst. As katalyst had my car keys and suren just acted as if he was talking to kutlee....LoL.... Finally Suren informed about the prank and says the keys are with katalyst. But I wanted to make sure the keys are with katalyst, put an excuse that i need my keys so that i can put my camera in the car. Phew!!! got my keys atlast from Katalyst. Then went out for another spin. This time I went into the yellow palio, naveen being the driver. A.F.A.I.K, naveen is very possesive about his car. Its like his wife for him. His being a Palio S10, he only upshifts after 5000 rpm. I wouldnt call that ripping, but i think he always drives like that. The first pic: 4000 rpm, second pic - its not clear but it was 5000 rpm.

Now that Kulee in his OHC and Zappo in his Indica were not around, we decide to goto our next destination, a place which i didnt know but just followed the cars in line(remember the bannana tequilla is with me, they cannot afford to loose me ...hehehee), after a lot of deliberations suren suggesting golden fox( hey mumbai waalon we have a golden thing here too) at paradise (hmm!!, nice place, been there for lunch along with suren, its near his office) and another in ameerpet. Many were ok
with ameerpet but some how the place was decided as the one on the medchal road. Now as promised to mobike, he was informed about the next pit-stop. Half way through, windsurfer's friend vishnu dropped of, so now 6 cars and 6 people left, with one more car and two more bhpians are about to join us. As a recess, we stopped once again some where en route to medchal. That is when I got to know the next destination as medchal road. All the cars lined-up:
(dont blame for the poor quality of the pic i am in, it was taken by someone else..who dirves a palio and its color starts with 'y' ends with 'w' )

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th April 2008 at 10:04.
Old 7th February 2007, 01:35   #135
Senior - BHPian

Default part - VIII

As i didnt want to get lost, and they didnt want me to get lost as well (teqilla), Suren was just hanging around infront of me, till we reach some dhaba on the Medchal road. Somewhere in between, we lost the sight of the cars ahead of us and we had ask some passerby on the road for directions to Medhcal. Heheeheeee, i guess you guys understand my driving style now. But reached the place just a few minutes later. Mobike(Avinash) and Furioussphinx(Sagar) were waiting for us there already, obviously they were eager to join us, the autophiles. Parked our vehicles outside, damn I forgot to take a pic of vehicles here as a new vehicle, mobike's red viva crdi was added. Sorry mobike bro, i had promised you about taking snaps, also it was dark, we couldnt have got good pics. Went inside, we were given three tables, seperated from the rest of the janta again on an elevated spot (to raise the meet above all !!), surrounded nicely by plants. These pics should give you a better idea of the venue for the evening:

I got the Bannana flavoured tequilla from my car, Oh!!, the dhabawala made sure that I didnt get any alcohol from the defence canteen (there is a genuine reason for that). I informed him that this was brought from Mexico !!! by a friend of my cousin especially for me as gift for my b'day (Dec 18th). But saved it for the T-bhp meet :-). Some pics of this tequilla:

Mobike commented that tequilla is better if taken after some other alcohols were consumed. Heheheeee, we already did that in the afternoon. So it was ok for us to have now. Most of us never tried tequilla, except mobike and i think Nosfreak also had it before. But that was plain tequilla, this was a bannana tequilla, so what the heck, we will try one shot and then change accordingly. I wasnt sure whether 20 ml or 40 ml would be considered as one shot. (Sam baba need some gyan here). But decided that 20ml would be easy to gulp, so 20 ml it is for one shot. We didnt knew the taste, so the after the first shot we understood that we dont require lime and salt for this one, its a bit sweet in taste. Oh!!, was it nosfreak who commented as 'this one doesnt taste as ****' ... hahahaa or may be naveen. Furioussphinx has been ruled as a kid, so not alcohol for this chap. He wasnt given a genuine chance to decide for himself. He had to adjust with sprite. The tequilla shot was wonderfull, one could feel the ' spirits ' hit the nose, eyes, and ears.... or was it my imagination, but there was a different feeling. The only other alcoholic drink which came close to have a similar effect was the barcardi white rum. Nosfreak had to go, i think he was to be a DJ at some party, left us at around 9:00 or 9:30.

Now, enough of drinking, that was the dhabawala said, but we made him extend a bit more till 11:30pm, police were around. Anyways, we were done with the food and booze. Oh!!!, btw, the food included rabbit and a variety of bird then later moved onto the regular chicken types. Finally finished with curd rice!!. Some pics of the booze and food:

Last edited by Rehaan : 16th April 2008 at 10:05.
Closed Thread