Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2013, 08:35   #1801
BHPian
 
dhanushmenon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: KL-2/KL-7/AP-31
Posts: 856
Thanked: 2,335 Times
Default re: Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)

We had a fantastic meet yesterday at centre square mall, Kochi.

me, naveen.raju and rajoy123 attended with spouses and the others joining us were vaisakhr, speed.demon, figo_mba and BigBrad.

Fantastic meet it was and i propose that in future, all meets should be family meets so that the ladies would be busy with themselves and we wont be disturbed with phone calls!!!

saw the Ecosport of naveen.raju up close the first time and I couldn't envy him more. grrr..

rajoy's black 120 was as clean and sparkling as always. However, the yellow sticker on the ORVM is not to my taste. Looks like "paandi vandi"
rajoy123 claims it is the German Flag!!!
dhanushmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 11:35   #1802
Senior - BHPian
 
jacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 1,464
Thanked: 715 Times
Default re: Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)

Guys,

Back from BLR trip. Please let me know if any weekend trips shaping for 19 & 20th Oct. I have blocked these two days for a getaway surprise for my better half and in for any notorious drives
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 17:08   #1803
BHPian
 
vaisakhr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: KL-32
Posts: 358
Thanked: 135 Times
Default re: Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)

Had a mini(or mega) lunch meet on 28th. We had many food starting from momo's to kethal's chicken, appam, beef, north Indian biriyani, ice creams etc. Special 'thanks' to dhanushmenon for ordering the chocolate momo and naveen.raju's wife for finding a way to eat it.

After the food we went shopping. The central shop had a nice toy collection on the top floor. Mr.D shown us some helicopter flying techniques. After checking out the entire toy section we got bored and came to the ground floor. As the ladies were busy with the shopping the bachelor guys (myself, BigBrad, speed.demon) and figomba decided to show our grief to the fellow 'husbands' by laughing at them and saying good bye. And we left around 5 o' clock.

It was a nice meet guys. I really thank all the ladies for coming to the meet. You saved our day and many phone calls.

Note: As I was busy with the food couldn't click much. And for the coming pics we had some discussion in whatsaap and decided to upload both of them.

Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-1.jpg

Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-2.jpg
vaisakhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 17:34   #1804
BHPian
 
dhanushmenon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: KL-2/KL-7/AP-31
Posts: 856
Thanked: 2,335 Times
Default re: Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)

A drive meet being planned on Oct 20 to Munnar.
Please add on your comments and commitments to the drive.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post3252750 (Team-BHP Meet & Drive - Kochi)
dhanushmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2013, 18:27   #1805
BHPian
 
voyageur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 344
Thanked: 603 Times
Default re: Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
Had a mini(or mega) lunch meet on 28th.
Where is you man ? Some one should have clicked a pic of you in the frame also, right ?
voyageur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2013, 09:59   #1806
Senior - BHPian
 
jacs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 1,464
Thanked: 715 Times
Default re: Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
Had a mini(or mega) lunch meet on 28th. We had many food starting from momo's to kethal's chicken, appam, beef, north Indian biriyani, ice creams etc. Special 'thanks' to dhanushmenon for ordering the chocolate momo and naveen.raju's wife for finding a way to eat it.

Note: As I was busy with the food couldn't click much. And for the coming pics we had some discussion in whatsaap and decided to upload both of them.
Happy to see you all, loved the malayalam "KFC" .



Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
A drive meet being planned on Oct 20 to Munnar.
Please add on your comments and commitments to the drive.
Oct 20, yes I am in
jacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2013, 12:46   #1807
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,707
Thanked: 2,997 Times
Default re: Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)

Weekend drive/stay meet thread updated:

Complete report can be seen here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...e-kochi-5.html (Team-BHP Meet & Drive - Kochi)
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 12:21   #1808
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 134
Thanked: 112 Times
Post re: Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)

Greetings:

A drive meet on 15/16 Feb., 2014 to Kannur has been proposed.
FAQ, why so early ? As is wont, the availability of adequate and appropriate accommodation at the selected locale, dictate our trip dates .

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...t-meet-q1.html

Inviting Kochi BHPians so that it transforms to a KA-KL meet .

Look forward to your RSVP.

Cheers.
RSUDARSANAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 08:56   #1809
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,707
Thanked: 2,997 Times
Default re: Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSUDARSANAN View Post
Greetings:

A drive meet on 15/16 Feb., 2014 to Kannur has been proposed.
FAQ, why so early ? As is wont, the availability of adequate and appropriate accommodation at the selected locale, dictate our trip dates .

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...t-meet-q1.html

Inviting Kochi BHPians so that it transforms to a KA-KL meet .

Look forward to your RSVP.

Cheers.
Thanks a lot for the invite. We are actually planning a 2 day drive on Jan second week or Feb second week. We havent decided on the place but might be Valparai. Decision would be made in 2 weeks. In case nothing comes up, we shall definitely consider a drive to Kannur. Will update this thread with our plans.

Thanks once again!
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 10:08   #1810
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 134
Thanked: 112 Times
Default re: Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Thanks a lot for the invite. We are actually planning a 2 day drive on Jan second week or Feb second week. We havent decided on the place but might be Valparai. Decision would be made in 2 weeks. In case nothing comes up, we shall definitely consider a drive to Kannur. Will update this thread with our plans.

Thanks once again!
Aykote, your call. Nevertheless, the invitation remains open .

If not this, the other locations, almost equidistant B'lore / Kochi are Wayanad and Ooty for the twain to meet in future, elle ? .
RSUDARSANAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 10:14   #1811
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,707
Thanked: 2,997 Times
Default re: Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSUDARSANAN View Post
Aykote, your call. Nevertheless, the invitation remains open .

If not this, the other locations, almost equidistant B'lore / Kochi are Wayanad and Ooty for the twain to meet in future, elle ? .
True. Wayanad is definitely on the cards now but have to see how many of us can make it. As for the future meets, Ooty is something that's possible and also wayanad. Or maybe you guys can definitely drive down south to Munnar, Valparai, Kumarakom, Thekkady etc (if you guys plan for a LONG drive). Will definitely update you in case we plan to make it to Kannur this time but chances are bleak as many of us are already committed during Feb.

Anyhow, let's plan Ooty during our next drive if this wont work out for us. Maybe, sometime in April? We can definitely plan that.

Last edited by naveen.raju : 25th November 2013 at 10:16.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2013, 18:18   #1812
BHPian
 
dhanushmenon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: KL-2/KL-7/AP-31
Posts: 856
Thanked: 2,335 Times
Default re: Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSUDARSANAN View Post
Greetings:

A drive meet on 15/16 Feb., 2014 to Kannur has been proposed.
FAQ, why so early ? As is wont, the availability of adequate and appropriate accommodation at the selected locale, dictate our trip dates .

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...t-meet-q1.html

Inviting Kochi BHPians so that it transforms to a KA-KL meet .

Look forward to your RSVP.

Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Thanks a lot for the invite. We are actually planning a 2 day drive on Jan second week or Feb second week. We havent decided on the place but might be Valparai. Decision would be made in 2 weeks. In case nothing comes up, we shall definitely consider a drive to Kannur. Will update this thread with our plans.

Thanks once again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
True. Wayanad is definitely on the cards now but have to see how many of us can make it. As for the future meets, Ooty is something that's possible and also wayanad. Or maybe you guys can definitely drive down south to Munnar, Valparai, Kumarakom, Thekkady etc (if you guys plan for a LONG drive). Will definitely update you in case we plan to make it to Kannur this time but chances are bleak as many of us are already committed during Feb.

Anyhow, let's plan Ooty during our next drive if this wont work out for us. Maybe, sometime in April? We can definitely plan that.
Thanks RSUDARSANAN for the invite.

A mini meet being planned on 30th November.
This shall be one itenerary for discussion.
Shall update the thread with the outcome.
dhanushmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2013, 21:16   #1813
BHPian
 
gk_fiesta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Bangalore/Kochi
Posts: 41
Thanked: 34 Times
Default re: Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Thanks RSUDARSANAN for the invite.
A mini meet being planned on 30th November.
Dhanushmenon, would love to meet up with Kochi Bhpians on 30-Nov. I'm living in Blr but from Kochi. I'm in Kochi currently for about 2 weeks.
gk_fiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2013, 09:46   #1814
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,707
Thanked: 2,997 Times
Default re: Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk_fiesta View Post
Dhanushmenon, would love to meet up with Kochi Bhpians on 30-Nov. I'm living in Blr but from Kochi. I'm in Kochi currently for about 2 weeks.
We are meeting on 30th Nov to discuss our 2 day drive planned on Jan second week. Please do drop me a mail - naveen04in@gmail.com
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2013, 18:27   #1815
Senior - BHPian
 
naveen.raju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cochin
Posts: 3,707
Thanked: 2,997 Times
Default re: Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)

Meet Update:

1. naveen.raju
2. dhanushmenon
3. rajoy123
4. deetjohn
5. vaisakhr
6. mistakenguy
7. speed.demon
8. EagleEye
9. gk_fiesta

Here's the update on the next drive planned. Dates to be confirmed by Dec mid along with the number of members

2 night stay at Kodaikanal. January 11th and 12th.

Tentative Plan:
-> Leave Cochin by around 6am, Jan 11th.
-> 11th night stay at the resort with some activities
-> 12th sight seeing and stay
-> 13th morning return after breakfast.

Resort booking to be organized by mistakenguy. The drive details will be updated in the Kochi drive thread. Expecting more guys this time.

Here are some photos of the meet. Sadly, gk_fiesta and deetjohn had to leave early. BTW, only car pics this time

Group Shot
Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-20131130_153458.jpg

Eagle Eye's and Mistakenguy's rides
Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-20131130_153417.jpg

Eagle Eye's Passat
Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-20131130_153536.jpg

Vaisakhr's Swift
Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-20131130_153607.jpg

Mistakenguy's 90hp Punto
Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-20131130_153630.jpg

Rajoy123's i20
Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-20131130_153648.jpg

Speed.demon's WagonR
Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-20131130_153704.jpg

My Ecosport
Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-20131130_153714.jpg

Dhanushmenon's XUV
Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-20131130_154246.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st ever Mini meet in Calicut. Post here for all future Calicut mini meets.. MaserQ The Team-BHP Meet Section 17 8th August 2017 04:32
Another quick (mostly FIAT lovers) meet in Kochi hydrashok The Team-BHP Meet Section 25 31st August 2011 17:31
Five Days - Kochi - Kalpeta - Kodaikanal - Valparai - Kochi NutsNBolts Travelogues 28 6th June 2010 16:56
Quick Mini Meet in Delhi - Sat 25th April viper The Team-BHP Meet Section 15 29th April 2009 11:14
Quick mini meet - Sat 9th June 07, Mumbai Sam Kapasi The Team-BHP Meet Section 157 23rd June 2007 23:09


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:01.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks