Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 21st July 2015, 10:00   #1921
BHPian

Thumbs up re: Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Thanks for the invite. We shall definitely try to join the meet. Shall update the main thread.
Looking forward to meeting up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Would've loved to attend, but alas, I've relocated to Visakhapatnam. Have a great trip
Thanks. You will be missed. There's always a next time
RSUDARSANAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2015, 22:03   #1922
BHPian

Default re: Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)

Quote:
Thanks for the invite. We shall definitely try to join the meet. Shall update the main thread.
Count down to the drive has begun. RSVP, ,
if any.
Old 20th August 2015, 17:37   #1923
BHPian

Quote:
An update would be welcome as headcount for the dinner needs to be communicated to the resort.

Please do the needful.

Cheers
Old 20th August 2015, 17:40   #1924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSUDARSANAN View Post
An update would be welcome as headcount for the dinner needs to be communicated to the resort.

Please do the needful.

Cheers
I think we would skip this one as everyone is busy with Onam. In case there's an update, it will be just 2 numbers which will be updated before the date. But as of now, there's no confirmed members. Sorry for that.
naveen.raju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2015, 20:47   #1925
Senior - BHPian

Quick Meet/Drive - Thanneermukkom bund

It was a quick and short drive to Thanneermukkom bund. Sorry that we couldn't update it here.

Members:

1) naveen.raju
2) Deetjohn
3) rajoy123
4) speed.demon
5) aswin.ajith

Speed.demon decided to leave his car in a mall and join me since he wanted to drive the Creta. He did make us wait for quite sometime . While I was patiently waiting for him, deetjohn and aswin decided to make use of the time. Went straight to the Ford showroom to check out the new figo. They even took it for a test drive. Finally, speed.demon joined me and went straight to the first pit stop where they were waiting. We then joined Rajoy who was waiting for us after Aroor. He parked his ride in his office and joined deetjohn. It was already 1pm, so decided to stop for lunch. Our initial plan was to head to cherthala for lunch and return, then check out few new cars (figo, TUV etc). But since we lost some time in the
morning, went straight to fill our tummy. Our lunch stop was Hotel Hilltop, Cherthala. The food was pretty good and everyone was satisfied with it. The total bill was even more reasonable I should say.

As we didn't have anything else to do and didn't want to drive back so soon, we decided to head to Thanneermukkom bund. Took the Kumarakom/Kottayam route from Cherthala which is very narrow and
filled with huge potholes at few sections. Found a good spot to park the rides and spent some 1 - 1.5 hours there. Then decided to return back. On the way back, we went straight to the Mahindra showroom to check out the new TUV. The vehicle was pretty OK when you see it real but didn't like the idea of squeezing the 2 seats in the back. I struggled in there. They could have avoided this and given a better boot. Also, to make room here, the middle row seats are very thin and the rear leg room is a bit tight. The exterior paint work on the bumper was very poor (clear coat missing). We didnt bother to TD the car as it was crowded and speed.demon wanted the AMT model.

We then decided to call it a day and head back home. It was a fun and short drive. Enjoyed it as always.

I hope new members can also join us next time. We will be updating the thread when there's an update. I hope others can pester us asking for updates.

Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-dsc_0016.jpg

Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-dsc_0018.jpg

Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-dsc_0020.jpg

Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-dsc_0021.jpg

Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-dsc_0022.jpg

Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-dsc_0023.jpg

Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-dsc_0028.jpg
Old 15th October 2015, 18:40   #1926
BHPian

Hey guys,

Getting to know about the BHPians here in Kochi would be great. I might have seen many of you but since I don't know any, would have passed un-noticed. So the next time a meet is in line, add me in. Cheers to all.

regards,
winsler
winsler_srider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2015, 11:16   #1927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by winsler_srider View Post
Hey guys,

Getting to know about the BHPians here in Kochi would be great. I might have seen many of you but since I don't know any, would have passed un-noticed. So the next time a meet is in line, add me in. Cheers to all.

regards,
winsler

Same here. Kind of new to Kochi T-Bhp scene and would like to gain the company of more fellow gearheads ! Will be keeping an eye on this thread for updates from now on and hope to meet up with you guys soon.
mukundmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2015, 12:39   #1928
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)

Quote:
Hey guys,

regards,
winsler
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukundmenon View Post
Same here. Kind of new to Kochi T-Bhp scene and would like to gain the company of more fellow gearheads ! Will be keeping an eye on this thread for updates from now on and hope to meet up with you guys soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeTorque View Post
I'm IN for the next Tbhp drive and it would be my first..
Guys, how about a meet this Saturday, by around 11am in Kakkanad? I will be there for some work. We can meet somewhere there. If it's on, please PM your number.
Old 28th October 2015, 19:37   #1929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukundmenon View Post
Quote:
Guys, how about a meet this Saturday, by around 11am in Kakkanad? I will be there for some work. We can meet somewhere there. If it's on, please PM your number.
Hey Naveen, Mukund,

I'm in. Being a newbie got no PM rights. Also I'll be at Kakkanad by around 10 AM, so lets pick a place say that Onam park opposite to private bus stand or the park near Malabar plaza. Flood-in any/all suggestions.

regards,
winsler
Old 29th October 2015, 15:33   #1930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Naveen, Mukund,

I'm in. Being a newbie got no PM rights. Also I'll be at Kakkanad by around 10 AM, so lets pick a place say that Onam park opposite to private bus stand or the park near Malabar plaza. Flood-in any/all suggestions.

regards,
winsler
Please check your mail. I have sent one in the morning.
Old 31st October 2015, 16:25   #1931
BHPian

Had a quick meet at Kakkanad. Me (Jijo) and Naveen was at RTO office for some errands. We met there and decided to re-group at Tonico Cafe near CSEZ. While we were sipping our coffee, Sivaprasad (winsler_srider) joined us. We chit-chatted for a while. Winsler_srider shared his experiences with offroading events he participated in with his MM550. He assured he will be posting pictures of the same, waiting fingers crossed for that...

This was my first meet with Team bhpians. Although I was hoping for a short drive today, the guys had other programs and there's only three of us, so we split up after a while.

Naveen
Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-dsc_0344.jpg

Sivaprasad (left), me
Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-dsc_0345.jpg

The rides - Civic (mine), Creta (Naveen), Swift (Sivaprasad)
Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)-dsc_0350.jpg

Excuse me for the mobile snaps! Maybe the other guys have better photos

Heading out from the Tonico Cafe, saw a silver vento with LTD sticker on seaport-airport road.
XtremeTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2015, 18:04   #1932
BHPian

Hey Folks,

I have added the beginning story with my Jeep over the below link. Let me know your thoughts. And if mods allow, I might get my own thread for this.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...p-pics-93.html (All Team-BHP 4x4 JEEP Pics!)

regards,
winsler
Old 7th November 2015, 13:51   #1933
BHPian

Smile Re: Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)

Friends,

Small update, I got my own thread to write about my jeep. Thanks to GTO.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-v...-2-5l-4x4.html

Hope I could find few minds from Cochin and have some fun with our 4x4s.

regards,
winsler
Old 19th November 2015, 11:55   #1934
BHPian

Jeez.. I missed the meet! Next time for sure. Tonico Cafe is a great place to meet, lots of parking space! Good to see all of you and your rides. Will keep an eye out for you all in kakkanad roads
mukundmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2015, 21:02   #1935
BHPian

Question Re: Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin)

Folks,

Shall we have a small trip around Alappuzha or similar location. Lots of places are listed in many web urls,
eg: http://www.alappuzhatourism.com/placeVisit.php

If we can find ourselves a route around connected places in the locality it will be good to see what's in store that we have not yet seen in real. Google will show search result for almost anything, but watching things in person I believe will be an experience. Plus we get to drive a good distance in our rides and make us more interactive. It's Christmas and we all can have a share of joy from what we all like to do most - Drive !

Flood in all ideas/possibilities/availability.

regards,
winsler