Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2011, 12:03   #2461
BHPian
 
driverace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 407
Thanked: 142 Times
Cool Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
I'm back from my 1st meet!!!!!

...
I only felt the handles to be familiar sounding, but realized only now, that I'd met thedreamcatcher, kaushik_s, rk_sans, asdon etc. whose posts, dozens of, I'd read
More to come man!
..
Really nice catching up with a gentlemen like Anil, Supriyo, Bushan , Kilo Alpha, etc. and of course, greenhorn!!!! I thoroughly enjoyed today's meet.
Holy heavens creaky doors!, why is my name (B"h"ushan) followed by a teeth-displaying-smile!
..
Most importantly, I got to tag along with a gem of a person, Praz and his gem of a car, the Punto Mjd. I've decided to buy a Punto and not an i20!!!
Well, thats good!, maybe next meet we will see another beauty called Punto!

EDIT: A special thanks to IronH4wk, because of whom, I now have Tbhp stickers to adorn my i10!!!
Fauladibaaz has always been so generous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by praz View Post
I thought I would be the first one to post after coming back from the meet. Arkin has beaten me to it.
I was enjoying the ride! Just came back.. you guys went straight home?
Anyways, it was an amazing meet and I would like to thank ace and other bhpians for making it possible.
Honors Felt even better this side.

Now, waiting for the photos....
+1 on photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsaLove View Post
It was a great meet and drive! Had a good time meeting all you guys.

Most of all my daughter enjoyed it as well. Here are a few photos from my side. Will upload remaining later, need to hit the sack for a little while.
Glad to know that!
Myra is really a beautiful angel!
Lots of love~

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Had a wonderful, very short and sweet meet. Will post the pics from my side in few hours.
Please ASAP lol.

Guys,

The spirit that we saw at 0330 hrs (Ok, alright, 0400hrs!) is worth a mention!
I mean, we truly are the ones who "live to drive"..
I cannot explain well, how overwhelming the feeling was. (but, I guess, I dont have to, its mutual!)
And, the families accompanying us there, that goes far enough to say, the spirit is shared alike even at home!
Salut to all. (special regards to Myra too!)

All,

Keep the passion like it is.. growing!

Revving,

Ace.
driverace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2011, 20:22   #2462
BHPian
 
Arkin evoisrevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: KA03; AP02
Posts: 680
Thanked: 108 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Guys I've fallen agonizingly sick, shortly after I reached home. The bread - omlet is the key supsect.

Illegal parking by us team-bhpians!!!



Oh, and It was wonderful to have Dr Rajkumar grace the occassion with his presence.


BTW, Praz and I didn't leave early! We tailed Kilo Alpha's Figo thinking that he was proceeding elsewhere for the photoshoot, but we realized only later that he was driving home! :-(
Attached Images
 
Arkin evoisrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2011, 16:35   #2463
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore<---->Chennai
Posts: 45
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Just now found time to get back on this thread. My first T-Bhp meet in Bangalore, and it was amazing. The 175hp scorching hot optra, and other neatly maintained rides, the curvy nandi roads, waiting to put some rubber on them at the first gate, to the maggi and bread omlette at the top and the final photo shoot, a really memorable one.

And, great pics too.

Cheers,
Sun
Zoomsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 12:58   #2464
Senior - BHPian
 
kaushik_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,064
Thanked: 148 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Just in case someone missed the report, here it is -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ay-2011-a.html (Trip Report : Bangalore Nandi Hills Drive 15-May-2011)

@zoomsun, so your Innova is peted? Awesome.
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 14:40   #2465
BHPian
 
praz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore<->Chennai
Posts: 99
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Just in case someone missed the report, here it is -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ay-2011-a.html (Trip Report : Bangalore Nandi Hills Drive 15-May-2011)

@zoomsun, so your Innova is peted? Awesome.
Nice report. Looking at the photos and the videos, make me want to go on one more trip. Ace, how about organizing one more soon??

@kaushik_s, I think I should use your fine photography skills next time to take some nice pictures of my Punto. Your photos are awesome!!
praz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 15:08   #2466
BHPian
 
jagrocks7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ranchi/Manipal/Bangalore
Posts: 105
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Lovely pictures, Don't know how I missed this thread, would have loved to join you all.. Anyways when is the next meet going to take place??
jagrocks7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 15:17   #2467
Senior - BHPian
 
kaushik_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,064
Thanked: 148 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by praz View Post
Nice report. Looking at the photos and the videos, make me want to go on one more trip. Ace, how about organizing one more soon??
There should be a long one pretty soon. People are roaring to go for a longer overnight stay kind of drive. Come on guys, let start the ball rolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praz View Post
@kaushik_s, I think I should use your fine photography skills next time to take some nice pictures of my Punto. Your photos are awesome!!
Thanks pal, anytime ready for a photoshoot. Would love to click the Punto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrocks7 View Post
Lovely pictures, Don't know how I missed this thread, would have loved to join you all.. Anyways when is the next meet going to take place??
You can subscribe to the thread. I've done that some time back after missing so many drives and now I don't miss any new updates.

Last edited by kaushik_s : 17th May 2011 at 15:19.
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 16:05   #2468
Senior - BHPian
 
libranof1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 3,692
Thanked: 2,741 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Ok, I missed out on the Nandi Hills drive so I need to make it up soon!

I've 2 things in mind :

1) A late-night drive on Mysore road to the CCD/Barista the next weekend i.e. 27/28th night.

2) How about a B'lore T-BHP drive to Gokarna (a tucked away beach in Karnataka just before Goa). Drive on Friday night, spend 2 days there/a day there and another in Palolem and get back. This could mid-June. What say?

The previous meet is done; how about planning another one. The show must go on folks!

Last edited by libranof1987 : 17th May 2011 at 16:06.
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 17:31   #2469
BHPian
 
asdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 950
Thanked: 293 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

If we are looking at a semi long drive and overnight stay, how about Shakleshpur/Coorg? both are within 250kms and too many options for photography too. Another place I have in mind is Pollachi, what say guys?
asdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 17:45   #2470
Distinguished - BHPian
 
IronH4WK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,456
Thanked: 3,582 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

we're driving down to Chennai for a wedding early 28th morning, so won't be able to be a part of the meet if you guys planning on on that weekend.
IronH4WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 18:01   #2471
Senior - BHPian
 
kaushik_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,064
Thanked: 148 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
If we are looking at a semi long drive and overnight stay, how about Shakleshpur/Coorg? both are within 250kms and too many options for photography too. Another place I have in mind is Pollachi, what say guys?
Pollachi would be 400kms around. Haven't been there though.
Sakleshpur would be also good. But how is the road condition now?
And where in Coorg exactly? Quite a few options there..
Other options are BR Hills, Chikmagalur/Kemmandgundi, Kotagiri/Avalanche etc.


Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Ok, I missed out on the Nandi Hills drive so I need to make it up soon!

I've 2 things in mind :

1) A late-night drive on Mysore road to the CCD/Barista the next weekend i.e. 27/28th night.
That can be easily planned. Been there done that many times . Barista used to be our SAturday night hangout after 12.



Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
2) How about a B'lore T-BHP drive to Gokarna (a tucked away beach in Karnataka just before Goa). Drive on Friday night, spend 2 days there/a day there and another in Palolem and get back. This could mid-June. What say?

The previous meet is done; how about planning another one. The show must go on folks!
Not sure how would be the beaches around June time as it might be hot or raining. If raining it'll be a different charm though. Gokarna is not that close and need atleast 3 days instead of just 2.

Last edited by kaushik_s : 17th May 2011 at 18:06.
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 18:12   #2472
Senior - BHPian
 
libranof1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 3,692
Thanked: 2,741 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Alrighty then!

27th night, we go for a drive.

What say I start a list :

1) libranof1987
2) kaushik_s (took the liberty!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Not sure how would be the beaches around June time as it might be hot or raining. If raining it'll be a different charm though. Gokarna is not that close and need atleast 3 days instead of just 2.
Well, drive Friday night; spend 2 days, start on Sunday night! Quite a plan, eh?
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 18:22   #2473
Senior - BHPian
 
thedreamcatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 1,205
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Gokarna is not that close and need atleast 3 days instead of just 2.
Think again. Look at this thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...e-gokarna.html (2 Days, 24 Hours on the Road, Bangalore to Gokarna)



Been there, done that too. By who you say, the dreamcatcher, asdon, inder and alterego. Read on to find out more

Anyway, I was responding to Ace's mail on gmail. So putting things on this portal. I am already planning a nightout drive along with Asdon/ace and others free to join. The urge is big and lets aim for something good by the next month
thedreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 18:30   #2474
Senior - BHPian
 
libranof1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 3,692
Thanked: 2,741 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Think again. Look at this thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...e-gokarna.html (2 Days, 24 Hours on the Road, Bangalore to Gokarna)



Been there, done that too. By who you say, the dreamcatcher, asdon, inder and alterego. Read on to find out more

Anyway, I was responding to Ace's mail on gmail. So putting things on this portal. I am already planning a nightout drive along with Asdon/ace and others free to join. The urge is big and lets aim for something good by the next month
Right, so you should be in for the Gokarna plan

And anything you plan after 27th may, consider me a part of it by default!
libranof1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2011, 18:45   #2475
Senior - BHPian
 
kaushik_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,064
Thanked: 148 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Alrighty then!

27th night, we go for a drive.

What say I start a list :

1) libranof1987
2) kaushik_s (took the liberty!)
I'm in for night drive. I just hope that I don't have too much work to finish. My project release date is closer now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Well, drive Friday night; spend 2 days, start on Sunday night! Quite a plan, eh?
Not bad, not bad at all..

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Think again. Look at this thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...e-gokarna.html (2 Days, 24 Hours on the Road, Bangalore to Gokarna)



Been there, done that too. By who you say, the dreamcatcher, asdon, inder and alterego. Read on to find out more


He he guys, I eat my words and what a trip you guys had . But that stretch, that Shimoga to Jog stretch via Sagar, I love to drive there when there is light. It's just that it's the most beautiful stretch in whole of South India. Normally what I did for previous trips was that I'll drive till Shimoga, night stay(preferably Jewel Rock) and start early morning before Sunrise and reach Jog via Sagar. It's just an amazing drive. Oh yeah, I would like to do that again. Would be in if it's not clashing with my project release date on mid-June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Anyway, I was responding to Ace's mail on gmail. So putting things on this portal. I am already planning a nightout drive along with Asdon/ace and others free to join. The urge is big and lets aim for something good by the next month
Dude, keep me in the loop please.

Last edited by kaushik_s : 17th May 2011 at 18:46.
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(Gur)gaon Quick Meets Thread phamilyman The Team-BHP Meet Section 1186 16th October 2017 15:49
Quick meets in TVM jkdas The Team-BHP Meet Section 1388 9th May 2016 16:56
Quick Meets in Cochin pdev29 The Team-BHP Meet Section 6 15th April 2012 10:28
Madras Quickies - Quick meets in Chennai nitrous The Team-BHP Meet Section 212 17th December 2010 18:32
Hyderabad: 13/14th Oct. Any Quick Meets/Plans? khan_sultan The Team-BHP Meet Section 46 16th October 2008 16:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks