Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2011, 10:59   #2506
Senior - BHPian
 
libranof1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 3,550
Thanked: 2,485 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
All, Lets confirm this trip.

Or yesterday, I read thing IB SS1K thing, and this IBA thing is getting me
I might just go on a IB SS1K to Kanyakumari next weekend!

Long drive is on cards,

Ace.
What's IB, SS1K, IBA?

About the meet, we need to finalize whether it is a 1 D/ 2 D or ND now. And then the destination.
libranof1987 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 11:32   #2507
BHPian
 
inder_s1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 238
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

27: Ace(1D, 2D), Libran(1D, 2D, ND), Kaushik (ND), Schoudhary(1,2 D), Inder (1D,2D)
28: Ace(1D, 2D), Libran(1D, 2D, ND), hemanth.anand, Amitoj, thedreamcatcher(1D, 2D),jagrocks7(ND), Kaushik_s (ND), Inder (1D,2D), Schoudhary(1,2 D)
29: Ace(1D, 2D), Libran(1D, 2D, ND), hemanth.anand, Amitoj, Kaushik, thedreamcatcher(1D, 2D),Inder (1D,2D), Schoudhary(1,2 D)
inder_s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 12:16   #2508
BHPian
 
starter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 898
Thanked: 261 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
What's IB, SS1K, IBA?
IB is Iron Butt and SS1K is Saddle Sore 1000 kms
Cheers,
Deepak
starter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 12:19   #2509
BHPian
 
driverace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 406
Thanked: 142 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
What's IB, SS1K, IBA?

About the meet, we need to finalize whether it is a 1 D/ 2 D or ND now. And then the destination.


IBA - World's Toughest Motorcycle Riders

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
IB is Iron Butt and SS1K is Saddle Sore 1000 kms
Cheers,
Deepak
^^ Hehe (lipsmacking-brushing palms!) 1000 miles it is.. (1610 kms)

I am being pulled towards it like zombies are pulled to fresh blood smell!

SS1K is SaddleSore 1000 Miles (basic level of motorist according to the IronBut+ standards!
24 hrs 1610kms (bike!) yaee!

Looks really appealing.

How to do / What to do:
http://www.ironbutt.com/ridecerts/ge...nt.cfm?DocID=1

__

Lets finalise the meet soon!

SaddleSore,

Ace.

Last edited by driverace : 20th May 2011 at 12:29.
driverace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 13:17   #2510
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 104
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
IB is Iron Butt and SS1K is Saddle Sore 1000 kms
Cheers,
Deepak
1K is 1000 miles i.e., 1600 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
All, Lets confirm this trip.

Or yesterday, I read thing IB SS1K thing, and this IBA thing is getting me
I might just go on a IB SS1K to Kanyakumari next weekend!

Long drive is on cards,

Ace.
Check out the route/weather/body before the ride. The most popular route is BLR-Pune-BLR.

All the best.
sridhar_setty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 13:52   #2511
BHPian
 
driverace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 406
Thanked: 142 Times
Cool Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Guys,

Confirm the attendance.
Lets fix a place too!
Coorg/ Gokarn/ What?

Let's Get going..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar_setty View Post
Check out the route/weather/body before the ride. The most popular route is BLR-Pune-BLR.

All the best.
OT:

Oh! Mr. Harley is way into it, isnt it?

I was planning Blr-Kanyakumari-Blr
But, hey, Blr-Pune-Blr seems good too!

I may do it any-time-soon

Thanks for the route info.

Ace.

P.S. Setty bhai, when can we see the HD? Holding breath!
driverace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 14:37   #2512
Senior - BHPian
 
Schoudhury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Blore/Dallas-TX
Posts: 1,068
Thanked: 468 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
What's IB, SS1K, IBA?

About the meet, we need to finalize whether it is a 1 D/ 2 D or ND now. And then the destination.
Guys , how about 27th evening -start , saturday - stay and sunday -back to pavilion .

In that way we can get a night drive also, relax and have fun for a day and a morning drive also .

What say guys.
lets finalize it fast, so that we can make the necessary arrangements

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 15:52   #2513
BHPian
 
driverace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 406
Thanked: 142 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Guys , how about 27th evening -start , saturday - stay and sunday -back to pavilion .

In that way we can get a night drive also, relax and have fun for a day and a morning drive also .

What say guys.
lets finalize it fast, so that we can make the necessary arrangements

Cheers
Done from me!
27th Eve departure
28th Dawn/Morn reach destination
28th Noon-Eve Chill/Enjoy/Sightseeing/sing songs around trees.
28th Night Have goood food, relax/ some more enjoyment / some more songs (hehe) around the camp fire
29th Morn 9ish depart
29th Noon/Eveish reach Bangalore and charge up for the work-week ahead!


Ok things to get locked up now:
<Quick suggestions and quick acceptance/rejection method here>

Destination:
Could it be a beach? O.o
(much more enjoyable IMO),
or some place where food/stay/ambience is enjoyable.

Participants (+how many):
All, kindly confirm the head count.
How are we planning the trip? (Single-bingles / Family & Friends?)

People its time to look for your "Goa" clothes! hehe


Meet to Meet!

Ace.

Last edited by driverace : 20th May 2011 at 15:54.
driverace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 16:06   #2514
Senior - BHPian
 
Schoudhury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Blore/Dallas-TX
Posts: 1,068
Thanked: 468 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
Done from me!
27th Eve departure
28th Dawn/Morn reach destination
28th Noon-Eve Chill/Enjoy/Sightseeing/sing songs around trees.
28th Night Have goood food, relax/ some more enjoyment / some more songs (hehe) around the camp fire
29th Morn 9ish depart
29th Noon/Eveish reach Bangalore and charge up for the work-week ahead!


Ok things to get locked up now:
<Quick suggestions and quick acceptance/rejection method here>

Destination:
Could it be a beach? O.o
(much more enjoyable IMO),
or some place where food/stay/ambience is enjoyable.

Participants (+how many):
All, kindly confirm the head count.
How are we planning the trip? (Single-bingles / Family & Friends?)

People its time to look for your "Goa" clothes! hehe


Meet to Meet!

Ace.
Kool,
Thats more like it.
I dodnt have much idea about places around bangalore, so i m sure people will suggest that .

I will be accompanied by Mrs Choudhury and Junior Choudhury .

Also we need decide on that fast so that we can get the bookings also .

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 16:19   #2515
BHPian
 
driverace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 406
Thanked: 142 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Kool,
Thats more like it.
I dodnt have much idea about places around bangalore, so i m sure people will suggest that .

I will be accompanied by Mrs Choudhury and Junior Choudhury .

Also we need decide on that fast so that we can get the bookings also .

Cheers
Yahaa!, one thing sorted out.
Family and Folk tbhp meet

Couple o more to go.
Dice dice, Chop Chop!

Destination:
Could it be a beach? O.o <<Let it be a beach resort
(much more enjoyable IMO),
or some place where food/stay/ambience is enjoyable.

Participants (+how many):
All, kindly confirm the head count.
Family and friends(good ones!) are welcome
People its time to look for your "Goa" clothes! hehe

Now, there are Android apps, iphone apps, and all..
people should be posting by the minute!


Roadtrip,

Ace.
driverace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 18:23   #2516
BHPian
 
asdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 950
Thanked: 292 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Sorry guys, will not be able to join 27th Drive, have prior commitments, anything 4th June onwards is possible for me, day drive, night drive, overnight stay whatever
asdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 19:59   #2517
Senior - BHPian
 
mjothi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,252
Thanked: 216 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Guys, good to see the amount of planing you guys are putting in. But I feel, you could have opened a separate thread for these planing activities.

Every time I see an update in this thread, i thought something gonna happen today's evening or immediate weekend

Just my opinion.
mjothi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 20:08   #2518
BHPian
 
driverace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 406
Thanked: 142 Times
Question Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Guys, good to see the amount of planing you guys are putting in. But I feel, you could have opened a separate thread for these planing activities.

Every time I see an update in this thread, i thought something gonna happen today's evening or immediate weekend

Just my opinion.
Right!
But, then with yet another thread for 'planning' we have to keep traversing between the threads!

well, if 4 pages of planning follow with 1 meet, and 3 pages of photos and again in circle..
Its not so bad, is it?

and, BTW, things are going to happen the coming weekend,
so indication you are getting is not wrong



Ace. to plan or not to plan..

Last edited by driverace : 20th May 2011 at 20:10.
driverace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2011, 16:05   #2519
BHPian
 
driverace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 406
Thanked: 142 Times
Exclamation Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Looks like nothing's moving.
and, I want to be roaming around every single weekend around beautiful Bangalore!

I am making my plan B as plan A.
thats a road trip from Friday to Sunday to Mysore (ala History channel kind. )

Pretty much what I like (just once in a while)

"somebody" jinxed the meet!

plenty with plans!

Ace.
driverace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2011, 22:14   #2520
Senior - BHPian
 
libranof1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: All over!
Posts: 3,550
Thanked: 2,485 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Folks, looks like the plan is not taking shape fast enough. So, let's start taking baby steps.

Here's what we'll do : A late-night drive on Mysore road. Stop over at the Barista/CCD; let a lot happen over coffee and then head back.

Say, we start by 2330-midnight. Let's start polling :

1) libranof1987

PS : Now be honest to yourselves and start adding to the list. Else, somebody gonna get a hurt real bad.
libranof1987 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(Gur)gaon Quick Meets Thread phamilyman The Team-BHP Meet Section 1178 31st July 2017 19:36
Quick meets in TVM jkdas The Team-BHP Meet Section 1388 9th May 2016 16:56
Quick Meets in Cochin pdev29 The Team-BHP Meet Section 6 15th April 2012 10:28
Madras Quickies - Quick meets in Chennai nitrous The Team-BHP Meet Section 212 17th December 2010 18:32
Hyderabad: 13/14th Oct. Any Quick Meets/Plans? khan_sultan The Team-BHP Meet Section 46 16th October 2008 16:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:40.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks