Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2012, 18:41   #3601
BHPian
 
Parthasarathig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pothole-city
Posts: 878
Thanked: 489 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK

dude, no one got up early morning and passed exams!

i'm thinking:
start point: NICE road toll (Bannerghatta end)
time: 0500hrs
additional notes: be there or be squared!
.
I just drove through now and torrential rainfall all the way. Dont think it will be safe with bikes guys. Did see someone riding enthusiastically with a ktm though.
Parthasarathig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 22:02   #3602
BHPian
 
Milestone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bang Bang !!!
Posts: 103
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

i'm thinking:
start point: NICE road toll (Bannerghatta end)
time: 0500hrs
additional notes: be there or be squared!
Done . But I'm not so sure about reaching the the start point, I'll be starting from Marathalli and thought of touching NICE road at EC and joint at toll at B'gatta, hope this correct route to start point.
Milestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 22:04   #3603
BHPian
 
driverace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 407
Thanked: 142 Times
Post Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
dude, no one got up early morning and passed exams!
..
i'm thinking:
start point: NICE road toll (Bannerghatta end)
time: 0500hrs
additional notes: be there or be squared!
..
Me & Autobot(Fz-16) will be there- 0500 hrs ( If no one's there- I won't mind riding lone wolf to the CCD either! - this awesome climate! )

@Safety- we DO ride safe! - will be extra cautious- but, that's ok - I guess.

and- about the getting up early thingie- AMEN

Thanks,

Ace.

EDIT:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Milestone View Post
Done . But I'm not so sure about reaching the the start point, I'll be starting from Marathalli and thought of touching NICE road at EC and joint at toll at B'gatta, hope this correct route to start point.
Hey, I am leaving from Marathahalli too. I think you have given the shortest route (google agrees too). I will be following the same.
PMing you for sync.!
(finally someone else from Marathahalli!! )

Last edited by driverace : 11th May 2012 at 22:11.
driverace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 22:10   #3604
BHPian
 
niranjanrvce's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 314
Thanked: 323 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
i'm thinking:
start point: NICE road toll (Bannerghatta end)
time: 0500hrs
additional notes: be there or be squared!
Wait - so this is saturday or sunday?!
niranjanrvce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 22:14   #3605
BHPian
 
driverace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 407
Thanked: 142 Times
Cool Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
Wait - so this is saturday or sunday?!
I am told Sunday.
We are getting ready for a Sunday drive- right Hawk?

<Hawk- you managed to dodge that question twice!>

Ace.
driverace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 22:23   #3606
BHPian
 
Parthasarathig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pothole-city
Posts: 878
Thanked: 489 Times
Default

Sorry guys wont be able to join tomorrow as I ended up with this today on the same road.

Name:  20120511_2133591.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  39.2 KB

Did get the guard at fleurs to help me out but now im left without a spare. I think steel rims are a saviour.
Parthasarathig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 22:29   #3607
BHPian
 
Milestone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bang Bang !!!
Posts: 103
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
I am told Sunday.
We are getting ready for a Sunday drive- right Hawk?

<Hawk- you managed to dodge that question twice!>

Ace.
I'm in for any day
Milestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 22:34   #3608
Distinguished - BHPian
 
IronH4WK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,456
Thanked: 3,582 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
Wait - so this is saturday or sunday?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
I am told Sunday.
We are getting ready for a Sunday drive- right Hawk?

<Hawk- you managed to dodge that question twice!>

Ace.
this is a Sunday morning ride


Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
I just drove through now and torrential rainfall all the way. Dont think it will be safe with bikes guys.
we ride safe; ATGATT!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Sorry guys wont be able to join tomorrow as I ended up with this today on the same road.
sorry to hear that. would have been nice if you could make it.


@superutp: you're ready for your role, right?
IronH4WK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 23:07   #3609
Senior - BHPian
 
KarthikK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,918
Thanked: 3,491 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
this is a Sunday morning ride

An aircraft with afterburners will be joining in too. In case the runway is too short for a landing, you'll find it after the toll gate on B'ghatta road NICE entrance. 2 questions left for H4wk to answer now -

1. Why 0500 hrs? Its a sunday, and tumkur road is very closeby. Make it 0600
2. Which CCD on tumkur road? There are 3 on the stretch from NICE exit to Dobbaspete flyover.

Last edited by KarthikK : 11th May 2012 at 23:13.
KarthikK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 23:19   #3610
BHPian
 
Parthasarathig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pothole-city
Posts: 878
Thanked: 489 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK

An aircraft with afterburners will be joining in to
2. Which CCD on tumkur road? There are 3 on the stretch from NICE exit to Dobbaspete flyover.
2. Probably the ccd before entering tumkur around 10kms from tumkur main.

Whats the aircraft?
Parthasarathig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 23:40   #3611
Distinguished - BHPian
 
IronH4WK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,456
Thanked: 3,582 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
An aircraft with afterburners will be joining in too. In case the runway is too short for a landing, you'll find it after the toll gate on B'ghatta road NICE entrance. 2 questions left for H4wk to answer now -

1. Why 0500 hrs? Its a sunday, and tumkur road is very closeby. Make it 0600
lazy bum! get up on time and report at the spot with your Tbird!


Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
2. Which CCD on tumkur road? There are 3 on the stretch from NICE exit to Dobbaspete flyover.
um.. its the one after Kamat kinda eatery on the left. we just followed the Ninjas and the CBRs and JVH's Monster

there was a lot of space in front of it; it's kinda receded from the highway.


@driverace: do you remember which one it was?

Last edited by IronH4WK : 11th May 2012 at 23:41.
IronH4WK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2012, 23:53   #3612
BHPian
 
driverace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 407
Thanked: 142 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
there was a lot of space in front of it; it's kinda receded from the highway.

@driverace: do you remember which one it was?
It was the one just before Tumkur- It was on the LHS of the road ( while going ) - like you said- spaced from the Highway.
This time- lets settle on the first CCD we see
If we have time, and feel so- we can ride further!

Ace.
driverace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2012, 00:00   #3613
Senior - BHPian
 
KarthikK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,918
Thanked: 3,491 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Whats the aircraft?
Fiat Turbo-Jet. Cruise speed 70 knots, subject to ATC clearance on traffic conditions

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
get up on time and report at the spot with your Tbird!
no more bikes for me. I do 50km everyday on the office commute, plus last sunday's Krishnagiri dam ride. Got bored of it now; Time to use my pilot license for a while


Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
um.. its the one after Kamat kinda eatery on the left. we just followed the Ninjas and the CBRs and JVH's Monster

there was a lot of space in front of it; it's kinda receded from the highway.


@driverace: do you remember which one it was?
Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
It was the one just before Tumkur- It was on the LHS of the road ( while going ) - like you said- spaced from the Highway.
This time- lets settle on the first CCD we see
If we have time, and feel so- we can ride further!

Ace.
The first Kamat you will see going from here is in an IOC petrol pump on your left side, clubbed with Barista.

The Kamat that you are both referring to, I think, is next to a HP petrol pump. There are 2 Kamats opposite each other here. The CCD attached to that is in a small kind of balcony setting (somewhat higher than ground level). That is after Dobbaspet flyover then. Same one??

Last edited by KarthikK : 12th May 2012 at 00:10.
KarthikK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2012, 00:03   #3614
BHPian
 
rk_sans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 961
Thanked: 602 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
um.. its the one after Kamat kinda eatery on the left. we just followed the Ninjas and the CBRs and JVH's Monster

there was a lot of space in front of it; it's kinda receded from the highway.


@driverace: do you remember which one it was?
There are 3 kamats on this road. First on left(comes before dobbaspet), second one on right(just after Dobbaspet flyover) and third again on left. CCD is next to the third one.
Would have joined but would be riding out with CBR owners group celebrating 250 members ride.
rk_sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2012, 00:07   #3615
Distinguished - BHPian
 
IronH4WK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,456
Thanked: 3,582 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Fiat Turbo-Jet. Cruise speed 70 knots, subject to ATC clearance on traffic conditions
due to adverse weather conditions all planes are grounded

in other news, the owner of the biggest car in the convoy has offered to sponsor the trip


Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
The Kamat that you are both referring to, I think, is next to a HP petrol pump. There are 2 Kamats opposite each other here. The CCD attached to that is in a small kind of balcony setting (somewhat higher than ground level). That is after Dobbaspet flyover then. Same one??
yep, that's the one; the one with the balcony!

Last edited by IronH4WK : 12th May 2012 at 00:19.
IronH4WK is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(Gur)gaon Quick Meets Thread phamilyman The Team-BHP Meet Section 1186 16th October 2017 15:49
Quick meets in TVM jkdas The Team-BHP Meet Section 1388 9th May 2016 16:56
Quick Meets in Cochin pdev29 The Team-BHP Meet Section 6 15th April 2012 10:28
Madras Quickies - Quick meets in Chennai nitrous The Team-BHP Meet Section 212 17th December 2010 18:32
Hyderabad: 13/14th Oct. Any Quick Meets/Plans? khan_sultan The Team-BHP Meet Section 46 16th October 2008 16:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:34.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks