Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 14th May 2012, 11:59   #3646
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
nirananjanrvce - the red and black jacket looks amazing, also complements the bike color perfectly. Is it a DSG or Axo?
that's a Cramster.

Quote:
H4wk's CBZ as always stickered, but what the ..??? You seriously fitted camera mounts on the front windshield???!! I don't remember seeing that when you met me on the bike for the sticker set 2 months ago.
it wasn't there two months ago. i had this brainwave past midnight about how to capture the ride and this is what i came up with - camera mount on the bike!
* 1 standard issue Manfrotto head unit
* 1 standard issue screw/bolt from my Sony VCT-60AV to fasten the above
* 1 standard issue 5mm hole on the front faring (my baby's never gonna forgive me for that)

woke up at 3:30am, went down to the parking after suiting up, took a knife and made a mark on faring. then used a wine bottle opener (the T thingy) and drilled a hole (didn't want to wake the neighborhood by using the drill). ta da! you have a camera mount for the bike!

however, when i actually shot the video when the ride started, i realised it wasn't gonna work. why? vibrations!! the i shot looked more like a lazer show on wheels!

here are two others i shot by other means *winks*

@superutp: that picture of Niranjan on the NICE road is absolutely stunning! should have lowered the glass completely though. *green grinning fella*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milestone View Post
Guys, it was really nice meet. The drive was fantastic and the pics posted by H4wk and superutp says it all.

Here are the pics -
nice pictures there Manu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Wonderful pics, actually i wanted to join this ride in my RE std 350. But atlast cancelled it thinking that i should not spoil the party by riding in 70's.

Anyways, will join the bike ride sometime when there is a RE CI company
c'mon! my bike was the oldest (completing 12yrs this Oct) and the slowest of the lot (running low of fuel)! *green grinning fella*

Last edited by IronH4WK : 14th May 2012 at 12:18.
IronH4WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 12:19   #3647
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a really good meet, sorry could not wake up that early as the previous night was up working on something till 1.30am
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 14:06   #3648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
i had this brainwave past midnight about how to capture the ride and this is what i came up with - camera mount on the bike!
* 1 standard issue Manfrotto head unit
* 1 standard issue screw/bolt from my Sony VCT-60AV to fasten the above
* 1 standard issue 5mm hole on the front faring (my baby's never gonna forgive me for that)

woke up at 3:30am, went down to the parking after suiting up, took a knife and made a mark on faring. then used a wine bottle opener (the T thingy) and drilled a hole (didn't want to wake the neighborhood by using the drill). ta da! you have a camera mount for the bike!

however, when i actually shot the video when the ride started, i realised it wasn't gonna work. why? vibrations!! the i shot looked more like a lazer show on wheels!
for that!

Wait, you can still use that hole. If you are serious about a bike/helmet mount, what you need is a Hero!

HD Motorsports HERO

Last edited by nileshch : 14th May 2012 at 14:10.
nileshch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 14:21   #3649
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
for that!

Wait, you can still use that hole. If you are serious about a bike/helmet mount, what you need is a Hero!

HD Motorsports HERO
i'm gonna buy that someday, but not right now. don't have 16K to spend on this; my wife will through me out of the house

afterthought: even with a Hero, won't there be vibrations? how're they eliminating that? is it because of the rubber mounts or is that camera has gyro-stabilised? hm.. weekend project

Last edited by IronH4WK : 14th May 2012 at 14:29.
Old 14th May 2012, 14:36   #3650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
the person with the skull cap looks like he is making a troll face but that thumper must be making quite a racket with that goldie.
Did give a second look at the photo and it indeed looks like a troll face but does the job well of getting a second look from fellow riders *wink*

Quote:
The 2 enfields look amazing too! Loved the maroon classic RE.
Thanks KarthikK, its a RE C500!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milestone View Post
Here are the pics -
Thanks to both superutp and milestone for the pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Wonderful pics, actually i wanted to join this ride in my RE std 350. But atlast cancelled it thinking that i should not spoil the party by riding in 70's.

Anyways, will join the bike ride sometime when there is a RE CI company
Milestone and I can ride along, so do join in. Btw, I'm already in for the next one.

Quote:
i had this brainwave past midnight about how to capture the ride and this is what i came up with - camera mount on the bike!
Bro, didn't really notice this on your bike until I saw superutp's pics. Awesome!
si1ver0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 14:41   #3651
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
it wasn't there two months ago. i had this brainwave past midnight about how to capture the ride and this is what i came up with - camera mount on the bike!
That's some dedication towards capturing team bhp stickers on camera!

But, you have a brilliant idea, camera mount on a bike. Never thought of that before. A compact camera will do the trick for capturing stills. Regarding the vibrations part, even if you mount it on the dashboard the vibrations will spoil the video.

Is that mount detachable? And can you put a DSLR on it? Or will it fall off due to the weight? Have you tried that?

O.T: That's a nice small meet you guys had.
W.A.G.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 15:01   #3652
BHPian

Awesome shots as usual Anil sir and a cool idea to mount the camera. @superutp, really like the shot of the car and the bikes around it. I so love those RE's. Hope to see you guys in the next meet.
aviorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 15:11   #3653
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
That's some dedication towards capturing team bhp stickers on camera!
not stickers; the BHPians themselves

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
But, you have a brilliant idea, camera mount on a bike. Never thought of that before. A compact camera will do the trick for capturing stills. Regarding the vibrations part, even if you mount it on the dashboard the vibrations will spoil the video.

Is that mount detachable? And can you put a DSLR on it? Or will it fall off due to the weight? Have you tried that?
yes, that mount is detachable and no you can't mount a DSLR on it (won't hold), but then again, this is a jugaad. a compact P&S should sit snugly on this mount.

here's what i'll do. will try to find means to eliminate the vibrations and then post a DIY thread (i had already done one for the in-car mount). why spend thousands of rupees when you can make do with jugaad
Old 14th May 2012, 15:41   #3654
Senior - BHPian

Awesome meet guys .
I think its time for me to get the 200cc back to shape as its just lying there covered since the past 2 months.

Hope i can join you guys on bike next time.

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2012, 10:29   #3655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

you did all this at 3.30am??? on a weekend?? Whoa whoa!

By the way, next time you get ze hawk mobile, get that handycam mount that you had taken to nandi hills sometime last year. I still remember seeing those videos - they were crystal clear and vibration free. The next meet can be captured on video, what say?

P.S - thanks a ton for the dropbox share, I got all the photos. Some of them are now being used on my desktop and office laptop as wallpapers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury
Awesome meet guys .
I think its time for me to get the 200cc back to shape as its just lying there covered since the past 2 months.

Hope i can join you guys on bike next time.
wow, you have a P200?? Great to know! I once had a blue P200 when I was in engineering. I used it from 2007-09 but later upgraded it to P220. Now I wish I hadn't sold the bike. P200 has now attained cult status and is rare to find in the used market. Many hail P200 for having truly kickstarted the performance bike segment in India, back in those 2006-2007 days when bikes meant 100cc Splendors, Calibers and Boxers. Bring it to the meet next time Supriyo sir, I would love to see a P200 in the flesh again.

Last edited by KarthikK : 15th May 2012 at 10:36.
KarthikK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2012, 16:05   #3656
Senior - BHPian

Guys ,
Can we plan the next meet/drive something similar to this

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ane-cause.html (Mokhada Trip (Dist Thane) for a Cause)

Im sure it will be great if we can give something back to the needy .

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2012, 19:04   #3657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Guys ,
Can we plan the next meet/drive something similar to this

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ane-cause.html (Mokhada Trip (Dist Thane) for a Cause)

Im sure it will be great if we can give something back to the needy .

Cheers
+1 to your thought. In fact I came to this thread to post the same idea after reading "pcpranav's" thread and I see yours.
arun_josie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2012, 16:26   #3658
BHPian

any meets over the weekend planned?
raj.barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2012, 17:34   #3659
Senior - BHPian

Nothing is planned, but something can be planned

I am free for a half-day drive on saturday or a full day drive on sunday.
KarthikK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2012, 08:58   #3660
BHPian

I am in for a drive for this weekend for both saturday and sunday!
superutp is offline   Reply With Quote