Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 14th October 2012, 08:57   #3961
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Vikramji, thanks for joining us .It was really nice to meet you in person and also other bhpians
Oh no thanks necessary. It was nice to finally put faces to names including you. Lol:
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2012, 12:16   #3962
BHPian

Wonderful meet guys, it's really nice meeting you all and a superb drive in the night.
Vikram,Avinash and Vivek had triggered the fire for Leh plan in most of the guy's minds i guess .
BulZire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2012, 12:30   #3963
BHPian

Had a wonderful meet. Eagerly waiting for the next meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury
Smooth drive ,coffee and now Ladakh discussions are going on :-).
I don't think it was a smooth drive for you ;-)
guyfrmblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2012, 13:52   #3964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Had a wonderful meet. Eagerly waiting for the next meet. I don't think it was a smooth drive for you ;-)
On the way back, Raj had a big spark off from his underbody as he missed a huge speed breaker. That one came out of nowhere!

It was nice meeting everyone! It was a big turnout -- 15 cars. Ladakh dominated every discussion, with the presence of the three veterans - Vikram, Avinash and Vivek.

Here are a few shots I captured.

Waiting at KR Puram
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_1717.jpg
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_1718.jpg

Vikram enthralling everyone with his stories
(Let me see if I got the handles right!)
R-L @nileshch (behind the camera ), @vikram_d, @aviorp, @BulZire, @aviorp's friend, @Schoudhury, @tckanth, @KarthikK, @arun_josie
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_1731.jpg

L-R @floyd.bell, @vivekbaliga(?),@brraj,@sujithpnair, @pganapathy, @PrideRed, @guyfrmblr, @arun_josie, @KarthikK, @tckanth
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_1732.jpg

Last edited by nileshch : 14th October 2012 at 13:55.
nileshch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2012, 14:20   #3965
Senior - BHPian

Oh man, I really missed this trip. Brraj called me about this drive but I just couldn't join as I was busy with lots of last moment shopping and other stuff for my upcoming trip. But I really missed all the Ladakh discussion as that's a place very close to my heart and I just love to talk about or hear about stories of that place. I hope there will be a TBHP trip next year to Ladakh.
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2012, 16:59   #3966
BHPian

My first ever T-BHP meet.
Thanks guys for a nice meet. Few pics I clicked.
Name:  TBHP 004.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  252.9 KB

Name:  TBHP 002.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  222.2 KB

Name:  TBHP 003.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  206.5 KB

Name:  TBHP 008.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  232.8 KB

Name:  TBHP 001 2.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  282.4 KB

Name:  TBHP 002 2.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  263.0 KB
tckanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2012, 19:01   #3967
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for all the pictures, nileshch and tckanth. It was great to meet some new faces and members yesternight , apart from the regular bangalore meet faces. The highlight was definitely vikram sir and vivek joining us directly at CCD. Ironh4wk messaged me at the last minute and dropped out. Asdon and Ironh4wk missed out on this drive.

On the return journey, I tried a fuel efficiency test on the Jet just for curiosity (never done one before). While most members sped past me, poor sujithpnair was following me in his Baleno keenly.

I saw some vehicle behind me but didn't realize it was you, until I stopped near KR Puram bridge to receive a phone call from home. Sorry if I slowed you down, you should have just passed me. I was trying to maintain extremely constant speed through the return stretch. The magic number for the T-Jet was a whopping 18.9 kmpl, from Hoskote to KR Puram!! Ridiculous stuff.

Last edited by KarthikK : 14th October 2012 at 19:06.
KarthikK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2012, 19:57   #3968
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK
Ironh4wk messaged me at the last minute and dropped out. Asdon and Ironh4wk missed out on this drive.
I so wanted to come, even prepped the car, but something came up I just couldn't avoid :(

Quote:
On the return journey, I tried a fuel efficiency test on the Jet just for curiosity (never done one before). While most members sped past me, poor sujithpnair was following me in his Baleno keenly.
hehe.. remember on the return trip from Muthathi, I was tailing you all the way till NICE road but we were doing steady speeds.
IronH4WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2012, 21:29   #3969
BHPian

It was good night out/meet. The place was just right.

As Nilesh mentioned the speed breakers were hard to spot. Thanks to absence of reflectors. Also there were couple blockades just before flyovers which had been poorly marked.
@Nilesh: I thought you or Chuadhury would have missed couple of speed breakers,seeing by the way you zipped past me .
PrideRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2012, 22:20   #3970
Distinguished - BHPian

There are some dangerous speed breakers about 29km from Bangalore on the Hoskote route. No markers and just around the bends. While returning from Tirupati, I chanced on these while doing good speeds, but was fortunate enough to slow down in time. A OHC trying to race me wasn't so lucky and the last I saw if it was it flying through air and landing (thankfully) on all fours.
IronH4WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2012, 23:19   #3971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post

I don't think it was a smooth drive for you ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
On the way back, Raj had a big spark off from his underbody as he missed a huge speed breaker. That one came out of nowhere!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
@Nilesh: I thought you or Chuadhury would have missed couple of speed breakers,seeing by the way you zipped past me .
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
There are some dangerous speed breakers about 29km from Bangalore on the Hoskote route. No markers and just around the bends..
Oh man, don't remind me of those. Out of nowhere suddenly i see a HUGE speed breaker ahead of me and by the time i have hit the brakes my wheels were locked, for the first time in my life i could smell burning rubbers as my car skitted for about 50 mts, the car slowed down but was still fast enough to have all the 4 wheels on air for a moment of time ( i think Karthik should have seen me flying ).

So while coming back i made sure that i will be extra careful about those mountains and was successful in doing so .

I fail to understand how come those speed breaker don't have any markers, absolute crazy.

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 20:29   #3972
BHPian

Thanks to all, it was really nice experience to meet all of you and the veterans!
As mentioned by BulZire, it was truely the ignitor for Leh plan...
Karthik - Hey, dont worry, you were not slowing down me. I wanted to keep steady speed to enjoy recently bought Swathi thirunnal kriti (carnatic music), so was happily tailed you. But need to mention, you were doing REALLY steady speed.. Congrats for the interesting mileage figure (am wondering what my Baleno would have consumed!). Thanks once agiain to all of you, and looking forward for such events.
sujithpnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2012, 01:40   #3973
BHPian

My first tbhp meet and I couldn't be happier. Got to meet you guys and realized just how passionate and well informed you guys are (as if the site wasn't enough).

I definitely look forward to more of these meets in the future and meeting more tbhp members.

Really did enjoy the conversations and the new friends I made.
pganapathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2012, 12:02   #3974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
hehe.. remember on the return trip from Muthathi, I was tailing you all the way till NICE road but we were doing steady speeds.
Yeah we were cruising even there. That road is meant to be enjoyed (NH-209). But that day, there was quite a lot of traffic on Kanakapura road so we had to keep see-sawing on the 2-lane road. This road was broader and was perfectly empty at midnight.

Enjoyed the superb FE run on this gas guzzler with a steady speed at ~2k rpm, and I can now certify like those car brochures : Returns 18.9 kmpl**

**Conditions apply

@Schoudhury - I was right behind you, and was shocked to see you takeoff into mid-air suddenly when you missed that hump *lol*.

@sujithpnair and @pganapathy - it was nice to meet you guys too. Hopefully the next meet will be for a longer duration and we can spend some more time driving and chit-chatting.

@Brraj has some aces up his sleeve, and he had this new destination in mind for a long time. The next meet should be at that place with 2 hours of driving, and some proper photoshoot sessions to keep shutterbugs happy.

Last edited by KarthikK : 16th October 2012 at 12:12.
KarthikK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2012, 14:09   #3975
BHPian

Quote:
Hopefully the next meet will be for a longer duration and we can spend some more time driving and chit-chatting.

The next meet should be at that place with 2 hours of driving, and some proper photoshoot sessions to keep shutterbugs happy.
We know, you want to run-in your new Punto 90hp and hence a long drive. When is the delivery?

Can the next trip be to Mysore Road, early morning Kokkaee Bellur or Ranganathittu (bird sanctury) then have sumptuos nonveg food at Mandya-Koppalu in noon? Can we get our spouse too?

Last edited by HighOctane : 16th October 2012 at 14:12.
HighOctane is offline   Reply With Quote