Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2012, 19:19   #4021
BHPian
 
tckanth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 56
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSUDARSANAN View Post
I stand corrected wrt " two of us "... now also addressing fordfan & mclaren1885 to revert (also awaiting tckanth's response) with:

1. a convenient start location with reporting time and onward dep time
2. byob(reakfast) or enroute ?
3. convoy mode or 'at your own pace' with re-group at toll plazas ?
I stay in Jayanagar.
I can think of the below meeting points.
- Opposite Forum: the read is pretty wide and we will not cause any inconvenience to traffic.
- At the resting / waiting area on the Elevated highway (BETL) towards Hosur / electronic city: this is a dedicated waiting area and can easily accommodate 6 cars.

I believe the chennai team is targeting to reach Yelagiri turnoff at around 1100 hrs, so I think tentative meeting time can be Forum @0800-0815hrs and BETL @0830-0845hrs.
We can grab some breakfast @ "Sri Krishna Upahar", (if I remember the name correctly). They serve 'GOPI Manchurin ' or I believe there is a CCD enroute.

Looking at the climate I would prefer a convoy / or a sedate cruise. I'm fine with other ideas also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSUDARSANAN View Post
Purrfect...do address the points in my post #4012 and nominate a SPOC (single point of contact) from the Bangalore TBHPians who would co-ordinate with you on behalf of the rest of us from BLR; thankQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by SedatedDrive View Post
Please find below the complete list of people coming for the meet as of now:
Attachment 1008126

Help me fill in the missing details like food, mobile no., ride or tag required by PMing me. Thanks!
Lunch could be a small issue at least for the non-meat eating folks (like me).
@ SedatedDrive - I love eggs and I am not sure if Ambur has EGG Biryani. If there is, then I would love to have it for lunch .
tckanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2012, 22:56   #4022
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 131
Thanked: 109 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedatedDrive View Post
You could very well be the SPOC.
Ok..Handle=name/9845096787

1st draft here it is (with inputs from tckanth) :

1. Meet up @Forum(Bosch side) : *arr 8.00 am / dep 8.15 am
2. CCD/McD/Krishna Upahar : *arr 9.15 am / dep 9.45 am
3. Yelagiri turn off : arr 11.00 am / dep 11.15 am
4. Yelagiri : arr 12.00 pm (with photostops)/dep 2.30 pm
5. Pit stop on return TBD
6. Travel : sedate convoy mode

tckanth: * Given the six laning, is it prudent to advance these timings by 15-30 min ?

Do revert with inputs to finalise
RSUDARSANAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2012, 23:13   #4023
BHPian
 
robimahanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BLR/GAU
Posts: 610
Thanked: 1,564 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeemhafiz View Post
Damn! I was looking forward to the next meet and this one is just brilliant! I have a cramped schedule for the later part of the week.

Let me see what I can do to squeeze out some time. Going to put me in the tentative list for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SedatedDrive View Post
Yes to avoid confusion, let us plan for Bangalore TBHPians separately. I will PM the mobile nos. of others in Bangalore to everyone else in the above list tomorrow evening.
Put me in the tentative list as well. I may not be able to make it all the way to Yelagiri but would surely like to meet up with the Bangalore guys. I am game for a drive till the MCD past Hosur.
My number +91 7708383140.

Opposite Forum (outside Bosch) seems like a good starting point.

Last edited by robimahanta : 31st October 2012 at 23:15.
robimahanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2012, 06:18   #4024
BHPian
 
tckanth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 56
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSUDARSANAN View Post
Ok..Handle=name/9845096787

1st draft here it is (with inputs from tckanth) :

1. Meet up @Forum(Bosch side) : *arr 8.00 am / dep 8.15 am
2. CCD/McD/Krishna Upahar : *arr 9.15 am / dep 9.45 am
3. Yelagiri turn off : arr 11.00 am / dep 11.15 am
4. Yelagiri : arr 12.00 pm (with photostops)/dep 2.30 pm
5. Pit stop on return TBD
6. Travel : sedate convoy mode

tckanth: * Given the six laning, is it prudent to advance these timings by 15-30 min ?

Do revert with inputs to finalise
I was not aware of the 6 laning, let's advance the timing as you suggested .
I'll meet you guys at Forum (Bosch side) at 0745hrs.
Name, No. - Chaitanya, 9740822422
tckanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2012, 10:20   #4025
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 131
Thanked: 109 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tckanth View Post
I was not aware of the 6 laning, let's advance the timing as you suggested .
I'll meet you guys at Forum (Bosch side) at 0745hrs.
Name, No. - Chaitanya, 9740822422
Final itinerary:
1. Meet up @Forum(Bosch side) : arr by 7.45 am / dep 8.00 am
2. CCD/McD/Krishna Upahar : arr 8.45 am / dep 9.15 am
3. Yelagiri turn off @ V'badi-Tirupattur road : arr 11.00 am / dep 11.15 am
4. Yelagiri : arr 12.00 pm (with photostops)/dep 2.30 pm
5. Pit stop on return TBD
6. Travel : sedate convoy mode

Participation status as on 1st Nov.,'12 @ 10.20 am (e&oe):

1) tckanth - Chevy Beat Tcdi - Confirmed [BLR]
2) RSUDARSANAN - TBD - Confirmed [BLR]

3) wins2807 - TBD - Tentative[BLR]
4) HighOctane - TBD - Tentative[BLR]
5) azeemhafiz - Swift - Tentative[BLR]
6) robimahanta - ___ - Tentative[BLR] upto McD for b'fast
7)
RSUDARSANAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2012, 10:47   #4026
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 131
Thanked: 109 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSUDARSANAN View Post
Participation status as on 1st Nov.,'12 @ 10.20 am:

1) tckanth - Chevy Beat Tcdi - Confirmed [BLR]
2) RSUDARSANAN - TBD - Confirmed [BLR]

3) wins2807 - TBD - Tentative[BLR]
4) HighOctane - TBD - Tentative[BLR]
5) azeemhafiz - Swift - Tentative[BLR]
6) robimahanta - ___ - Tentative[BLR] upto McD for b'fast
7)
2nd Nov.,'12 @ 10.20 am :

Tentatives n JIT(just in time)s, if any pl confirm by say 7 pm this evening:
(Also, it will help SD factor in your biriyani indent, if any)

My contact no. in post #4022.

3) wins2807 - TBD - Tentative[BLR]
4) HighOctane - TBD - Tentative[BLR]
5) azeemhafiz - Swift - Tentative[BLR]
6) robimahanta - ___ - Tentative[BLR]

@SD pl call so that I can save your no.

Cheers ...
RSUDARSANAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2012, 16:04   #4027
BHPian
 
azeemhafiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 281
Thanked: 296 Times
Default

Folks - I can't make the whole trip. Robi and I plan to a company the convoy till McD and then return back to Bangalore.
azeemhafiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2012, 21:08   #4028
BHPian
 
SedatedDrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Concord, NH
Posts: 263
Thanked: 130 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Ambur Food prices:
mb 100
cb 80
Chick65 60
EB 50
Just rice 40

Final List:
sno name city
1 SD CHN
2 Anandv267 CHN
3 tckanth BLR
4 RSUDARSANAN BLR
5 haithereitsme CHN
6 ezhilsundar CHN
7 Vampirevipin CHN
8 Aravind.Anand CHN
SedatedDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2012, 23:11   #4029
BHPian
 
niranjanrvce's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 312
Thanked: 322 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedatedDrive View Post

Final List:
sno name city
Aah dd not see this thread earlier. I will be riding to Yelagiri tomorrow with a friend; but we plan to leave early and return early. Do watch out for a CBR and Duke heading to/from B'lore.
Have fun and drive safe!
niranjanrvce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2012, 01:34   #4030
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,711
Thanked: 290 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedatedDrive
Ambur Food prices:
mb 100
cb 80
Chick65 60
EB 50
Just rice 40

Final List:
sno name city
1 SD CHN
2 Anandv267 CHN
3 tckanth BLR
4 RSUDARSANAN BLR
5 haithereitsme CHN
6 ezhilsundar CHN
7 Vampirevipin CHN
8 Aravind.Anand CHN
Hey guys can try n catch up with u guys at forum, sorry just saw this thread
Will be on the ninja 250
sammyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2012, 10:39   #4031
BHPian
 
di1in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bnglr&Thrissur
Posts: 376
Thanked: 38 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSUDARSANAN View Post
2nd Nov.,'12 @ 10.20 am :

Tentatives n JIT(just in time)s, if any pl confirm by say 7 pm this evening:
(Also, it will help SD factor in your biriyani indent, if any)

My contact no. in post #4022.

3) wins2807 - TBD - Tentative[BLR]
4) HighOctane - TBD - Tentative[BLR]
5) azeemhafiz - Swift - Tentative[BLR]
6) robimahanta - ___ - Tentative[BLR]

@SD pl call so that I can save your no.

Cheers ...
Hey Sudarsan, just called you.. bad timing on my part I guess. I was there by the Forum (Manchester United side) today morning from 9.30 to 10 to meet another friend.
di1in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2012, 11:25   #4032
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 131
Thanked: 109 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
Hey Sudarsan, just called you.. bad timing on my part I guess. I was there by the Forum (Manchester United side) today morning from 9.30 to 10 to meet another friend.
Yes. There's always a next time.

Glad to have met tckanth / azeemhafiz / robimahanta / pganapathy on my first tbhp b'fast meet. Continued, solo (tck gave hath - i.e. waved me bye bye ) to meet up with the chennai team for a short n sweet noon day picnic wirh ambur biriyani
RSUDARSANAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2012, 19:37   #4033
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bangalore,Coorg
Posts: 788
Thanked: 359 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

@Azeemhafeez, Tckanth, Rsudarshan and Robimahanta - It was nice to meet all of you and we had a good mini meet at the McD in shoolagiri. Shame that only Rsudarshan was able to carry on to ambur.

Hope to meet all you guys and others at future meets.

@Rsudarshan - Hope you had a great time in ambur and enjoyed the biriyani and ate enough for all of us
pganapathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2012, 21:13   #4034
BHPian
 
SedatedDrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Concord, NH
Posts: 263
Thanked: 130 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Please post the pictures from the MCD meet in Bangalore. Yelagiri pictures have been posted here.
SedatedDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2012, 21:59   #4035
BHPian
 
tckanth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 56
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSUDARSANAN View Post
Yes. There's always a next time.

Glad to have met tckanth / azeemhafiz / robimahanta / pganapathy on my first tbhp b'fast meet. Continued, solo (tck gave hath - i.e. waved me bye bye ) to meet up with the chennai team for a short n sweet noon day picnic wirh ambur biriyani
Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
@Azeemhafeez, Tckanth, Rsudarshan and Robimahanta - It was nice to meet all of you and we had a good mini meet at the McD in shoolagiri. Shame that only Rsudarshan was able to carry on to ambur. :
Quote:
Originally Posted by SedatedDrive View Post
Please post the pictures from the MCD meet in Bangalore. Yelagiri pictures have been posted here.
@Pganapathy, Rsudarsanan, Azeem, Robi, it was great meeting you guys and I really loved your rides.
@ Robi - Thanks a lot for sharing the information about your mods to your ride, and especially the software and customizing the features was a real eye-opener for me.
@RSudarsanan - I'm really very sorry Sir, I was very excited till the call from the 'Home Minister' Would definitely accompany you on the future trips.
@PGanapathy - It was really nice meeting you and talking to you.
@Azeem - Good to know a swift 1.3 owner. Now I know whom to reach out in case my door handles fall apart

@ other Chennai friends - Sorry guys could not avoid missing this trip. Will surely catch-up with at least few of you when I visit Chennai.

Name:  TBHP 002.JPG
Views: 318
Size:  311.6 KB
The Rides

Name:  TBHP 005.JPG
Views: 317
Size:  220.7 KB
All of us checking out Azeem's Drive

Name:  TBHP 008.JPG
Views: 311
Size:  257.6 KB
Thats Robi educating us (me for sure) on the super cool software used to activate some cool stuff (auto folding OVRM, auto lock, selective unlock)

Name:  TBHP 010.JPG
Views: 306
Size:  211.7 KB
Look at the difference in ground clearance Robi Vs Azeem

Name:  TBHP 012.JPG
Views: 303
Size:  162.4 KB

Name:  TBHP 013.JPG
Views: 314
Size:  166.4 KB

Name:  TBHP 014.JPG
Views: 300
Size:  338.8 KB
tckanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(Gur)gaon Quick Meets Thread phamilyman The Team-BHP Meet Section 1178 31st July 2017 19:36
Quick meets in TVM jkdas The Team-BHP Meet Section 1388 9th May 2016 16:56
Quick Meets in Cochin pdev29 The Team-BHP Meet Section 6 15th April 2012 10:28
Madras Quickies - Quick meets in Chennai nitrous The Team-BHP Meet Section 212 17th December 2010 18:32
Hyderabad: 13/14th Oct. Any Quick Meets/Plans? khan_sultan The Team-BHP Meet Section 46 16th October 2008 16:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:33.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks