Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2009, 15:12   #586
BHPian
 
valhallen.282's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 283
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

IN pure quick meet style met tadu on the road yesterday. didn't even get to know each other's real names. hope to meet everyone from here soon.
valhallen.282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2009, 15:44   #587
BHPian
 
brraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 788
Thanked: 341 Times
Default

We are planning a night drive to Maddhur CCD on saturday 31st at 10:45pm.

Meeting point : Mysore highway, NICE road junction.

Last edited by brraj : 29th January 2009 at 15:50.
brraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2009, 12:37   #588
BHPian
 
Mr_Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 823
Thanked: 111 Times
Default

I am driving to Chennai today, so hoping to catch up next time.
Mr_Bean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 14:48   #589
BHPian
 
raj.barcode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 678
Thanked: 61 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
We are planning a night drive to Maddhur CCD on saturday 31st at 10:45pm.

Meeting point : Mysore highway, NICE road junction.

How was the drive and how many people joined. I was in Maddur CCD that night, guess i didn't notice anyone
raj.barcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 15:20   #590
BHPian
 
tadukuttan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 241
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
IN pure quick meet style met tadu on the road yesterday. didn't even get to know each other's real names. hope to meet everyone from here soon.
Was great meeting you! Cheered up a rather drab drive in traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
How was the drive and how many people joined. I was in Maddur CCD that night, guess i didn't notice anyone
Stopped at the Barista on the way, never came down to Maddur. And only two cars, cmiuc and the new guy, Anil. Dont know his tbhp id.
tadukuttan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2009, 13:04   #591
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,823
Thanked: 213 Times
Default

Guys, I am dropping to Forum, Koramangala on this Saturday by 11:30am to get something special and will be around till 3pm. If any one is hanging around in Forum, let me know by PM and we can meetup.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 12:30   #592
Senior - BHPian
 
mail4ajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,823
Thanked: 213 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Guys, I am dropping to Forum, Koramangala on this Saturday by 11:30am to get something special and will be around till 3pm. If any one is hanging around in Forum, let me know by PM and we can meetup.
Just bumping the thread. Let me know if anyone is going to be around.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2009, 16:38   #593
BHPian
 
brraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 788
Thanked: 341 Times
Default

We are planning a night drive to Maddhur CCD on Tuesday at 8pm.

confirmed list
==============
- Tadu
- Ishaan
- Vikram_d
- rahul
- siddarth
- satya
- myself

Cheap guest - Ishaan
Meeting point : Mysore highway, NICE road junction.
brraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2009, 17:36   #594
Senior - BHPian
 
vikram_d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,380
Thanked: 936 Times
Default

Guys I will not be able to make it as my meeting at 7:00pm has been pushed to 8:00pm. May be next time.
vikram_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2009, 17:41   #595
BHPian
 
arindamray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 749
Thanked: 79 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
We are planning a night drive to Maddhur CCD on Tuesday at 8pm.
Tuesday means today?
Also clashing with the T20 match.
arindamray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 15:35   #596
BHPian
 
siddartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 671
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

phew! finally my car made it to the service station. thanks a lot guys for the help and the patience , thanks tadu, rahul , ishaan, raj, satya . also ajmat and hrag .

took abt 6 and a half hours to get the car from ramanagaram to k.r puram(vinayaka cars), chose a very long route to beat the traffic , but din work in my favour.

used my gypsy to tow the car , and a special thanks to haryali anand for lending me his tow rope.

3 kms from ramanagaram, the took hook on the car broke( the welded joint holding one end of the hook gave way) so i had to dismantle the front bumper , so that i could put the D shackle of the onto the frame to which the tow hook was welded.
siddartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 15:54   #597
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,292
Thanked: 18,822 Times
Default

But what was the problem in the car Siddhartha.

ps: In another thread please as this is a meet thread. :-)
Vid6639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 16:04   #598
BHPian
 
tadukuttan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 241
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
took abt 6 and a half hours to get the car from ramanagaram to k.r puram(vinayaka cars), chose a very long route to beat the traffic , but din work in my favour.

used my gypsy to tow the car , and a special thanks to haryali anand for lending me his tow rope.

3 kms from ramanagaram, the took hook on the car broke( the welded joint holding one end of the hook gave way) so i had to dismantle the front bumper , so that i could put the D shackle of the onto the frame to which the tow hook was welded.
Oh man! I have never towed a car before, never knew it will be this hard. Of course, if I knew this earlier, would have suggested ways to repair the car there only!

And yeah, once they figure out what went wrong, please let me know. Curious to know what happened...
tadukuttan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2009, 23:29   #599
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 11,729
Thanked: 9,040 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
Oh man! I have never towed a car before, never knew it will be this hard. Of course, if I knew this earlier, would have suggested ways to repair the car there only!

And yeah, once they figure out what went wrong, please let me know. Curious to know what happened...
Next time, use these guys
Ace Towing . Followed the truck so googled and got the number
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2009, 16:59   #600
BHPian
 
throttleking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 780
Thanked: 336 Times
Default

I am in B'lore on tuesday 24th, is it possible to have quick meet, last time it was short notice so nobody responded.
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(Gur)gaon Quick Meets Thread phamilyman The Team-BHP Meet Section 1178 31st July 2017 19:36
Quick meets in TVM jkdas The Team-BHP Meet Section 1388 9th May 2016 16:56
Quick Meets in Cochin pdev29 The Team-BHP Meet Section 6 15th April 2012 10:28
Madras Quickies - Quick meets in Chennai nitrous The Team-BHP Meet Section 212 17th December 2010 18:32
Hyderabad: 13/14th Oct. Any Quick Meets/Plans? khan_sultan The Team-BHP Meet Section 46 16th October 2008 16:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks