Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 23rd January 2017, 13:33   #6046
BHPian

Default Re: Quick Meets at Bangalore

It was great to meet so many T-BHPians in person for the first time.
Thanks to vik0728 for organizing the meet, and to others for sharing the pics.
Looking forward to the next meet !
mustang_shelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2017, 09:52   #6047
Senior - BHPian

It was a really nice breakfast meet. Enjoyed the drive, and the banter. I am hoping some of the new faces become regulars at our meets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Here's a couple of grabs from the GoPro and the M10+.

Karthik asking for directions

It was nice meeting many old faces and new.
Now we know who's who!

I most certainly was not asking for directions there!!
I loved the helmet-cam screen grabs. In some of them, looks like you were absolutely flying!

Anyways, it was very nice meeting you again, @IronH4wk. Hoping to see you more often at these meets.
KiloAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2017, 13:52   #6048

Hi Guys! I'm Abhinandhan from Chennai. I just moved to Bangalore a week back. Would love to meet all the BHP-ians here. Please do let me know if there are any meets coming up. Thank You!
ard1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2017, 14:43   #6049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ard1955 View Post
Please do let me know if there are any meets coming up. Thank You!
Best option will be to stay subscribed to this thread
soumobakshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2017, 20:27   #6050
BHPian

What an awesome meet it was. Really enjoyed. Here are some of the captures from my sister in law's camera.
Attached Thumbnails
Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0933.jpg  

Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0938.jpg  

Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0940.jpg  

Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0941.jpg  

Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0943.jpg  

Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0946.jpg  

Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0948.jpg  

Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0953.jpg  

Quick Meets at Bangalore-dsc_0942.jpg  

mashmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2017, 20:39   #6051
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
What an awesome meet it was. Really enjoyed. Here are some of the captures from my sister in law's camera.
Nice pictures Shobit!

The first two pictures - that's a future biker right there
IronH4WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2017, 18:24   #6052
BHPian

Hey guys!

This is Bhaskar from Hyderabad moving to Bangalore this Sunday!

I would look forward to join the Bangalore BHPians during any meet that happens there!
bhaskar.guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2017, 21:42   #6053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaskar.guru View Post
Hey guys!

This is Bhaskar from Hyderabad moving to Bangalore this Sunday!

I would look forward to join the Bangalore BHPians during any meet that happens there!
Hi Bhaskar, good to know you are keen on joining the local team on the meets. We finished a two-night outing just last week and had great fun. The in-city/quick meets is due shortly as we are nearing the 90-day cycle and so you might see some activity here. Cheers
sumzup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th June 2017, 16:19   #6054
BHPian

There is no activity on this page since 2 months so curious to know whether we have any team-bhp meetup planned in bangalore?
amit1agrawal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2017, 15:34   #6055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
There is no activity on this page since 2 months so curious to know whether we have any team-bhp meetup planned in bangalore?
You should also follow the Meets section. Here is one planned for next week:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ne-2017-a.html

Cheers
tilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2017, 14:15   #6056
BHPian

The Bangalore based S-Cross gang had a meet last Friday. Here's a quick update.

The meet was planned for late evening at Cafe Coffee Day on Kolar Highway. The planning & execution was undertaken by KeyNote, Lovetorque and original idea by Dr. Naren (doc). As you all may be familiar, doc is well known in many inner circles for his beast that is churning out a whopping amount of power and torque with remap from Wolf Moto. His 0-60, 0-100, 60-120 timings are famous. Also, not to forget the numerous, amount of useful information on topics such as engine tuning, Issues and solutions as well as lighting information that he has peppered all over T-BHP forums.

Some quick nuggets from our meeting:
> BHPians who attended: sudeepg, Dr. Naren, lovetorque, Keynote, Kpzen, Vigkey, , abhinav.s, girishv, jaunthead
> Non BHP-ians: Sandeep, Harish, Tapan, Sreejith, Arun Shekhar
> Special Guests: BHP-ian Abhinav.s and Sreejith
> Total Number of Cars: 14 - S-Cross’s (11 S-Cross 1.6, 2 of which were remapped, 2 S-Cross 1.3, one remapped) + 1 white figo 1.5 TDCi, stock

1. Most of the cars were the alpha variant barring 3 (2 Delta & 1 Zeta).
2. Meeting point was just after the first toll booth on old madras road at 8:30 PM. All of us assembled at the destination around 9:30 PM and left by 12:10 AM. A few of us were accompanied by family.
3. Talk about passion for driving and you'd be hard pressed to believe that for this specific meet, doc drove down all the way from Mysore!
4. The event was special to KeyNote since he completed one year of ownership with his Tusker. Congratulatons, KeyNote! Wish you many more trouble free, memorable events with your Tusker!
5. Arun made it all the way from electronics city although he was the last to leave. Thanks Arun!
6. First demo was on Micros sourced from XenonPlanet and installed in car owned by myself, doc and Lovetorque. Doc is running 35W+ with 5000K bulbs with a relay and had one of the best outputs.
7. I discovered mine had the worst output which was corrected the following day by XenonPlanet. Details here Link (Journey from a Honda City to the Maruti S-Cross 1.3L)
8. Lovetorque, doc and a few others even attempted to test the lumens based on power consumption!
9. doc gave a quick demo of XP micros and the power sitting under the hood of his car. Please note, this was done in a very safe manner in an isolated road.
10. Everyone unanimously agreed that the light output from stock projectors was at best useless. At the same time, many of us want to upgrade to micros or better projectors for the head lamps. Discussions were mostly centered around which projectors to go for in case of headlamp upgrade. But XP Micro did find a lot of fans!!
11. I attempted launch and 0-100 timing in my car for the first time with doc sitting next to me. It didn't yield great results though.
12. Doc shared a lot of useful information on his remap experience. Thanks doc!
13. VigKey had to get back home for a private event, but he stayed long enough to spend as much time as possible with the group, in the confidence that the 1.6 will get him there in time, and boy; the car didn't disappoint him! Thanks VigKey!
14. BHPians jaunthead, girishv & KpZen were our authorized photographers. Thanks guys for your snaps. These will be great memories as we grow old!
15. Doc was one of the last to leave and passed many others. A couple of us reported that they only saw a flash pass by!
16. Last, but not the least - The ladies who came along created their WhatsApp group!!! I believe it has good traffic at the moment.

Many thanks to KeyNote, Lovetorque and doc for organizing this event. We had showers in the evening and the weather was just excellent.

Some pictures from the meeting.

The Line Up
Quick Meets at Bangalore-main.jpeg

A must selfie
Quick Meets at Bangalore-selfie.jpeg

Hot discussions
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_9800.jpg

Engine remap gyaan by doc
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_9812.jpg

XP Demo
Quick Meets at Bangalore-xpdemo.jpeg

XP demo gyaan
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_9817.jpg

Special guest at meet - Hot hatch figo
Quick Meets at Bangalore-figo.jpeg

Quick Meets at Bangalore-scross09.jpg

Last edited by sudeepg : 13th June 2017 at 14:26.
sudeepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2017, 14:45   #6057
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the report and pics

It was nice meeting you all and I loved driving all the way from Mysore too.

Quote:
Doc was one of the last to leave and passed many others. A couple of us reported that they only saw a flash pass by!
Haha, not really true. Fellow S-Cross owner had spotted my car in his dashcam. Here is the video

Dr.Naren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2017, 16:32   #6058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
A few more shots of the action

Pit Lane discussion
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_9807.jpg

Look into the eyes of the Beast!
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_9824.jpg

Fri Night well spent.
Quick Meets at Bangalore-img_9844.jpg
(L to R) Tapan, Harish Shenoy, Abhinav.s, Girish, Prajesh aka kpzen, Nagarajan aka keynote, Sandeep, Junior Tbhpian, Sudeepg, Sreejith.
jaunthead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2017, 19:58   #6059
BHPian

Quote:
I was in two moods about the meet when I started from office as it was raining heavily and has taken my two wheeler as I had to go back home and pick my family for the meet.
I am glad that I decided to attend the meet and god, it turned out to be one of the most memorable moments of owning the Cross.

Though it took close to one and half an hour in a Friday evening rush compounded by the rains, once I crossed KR Puram, both myself and the blue mystique were free.

First met Mr Harish Shenoy immediately after the toll and that set the tone of the meet to come. Though we were meeting for the first time, the way he greeted and put me at ease suggested no such feeling. It was almost like meeting an old friend. Left him there as the family needed to have dinner before the meet, but the fate had other plans and I ended up at the meeting point before any eating point. After saying hello to the few S Crossers at the venue, left the place in search of an eating place and returned with-in half an hour not to miss the fun.

It was a fun filled and enlightening experience. Learned lots of new things with the first hand experience of the XP micros making my 100/90 lighting looked like old oil chimney. Also got to know more about how the handling and road noice changes improves by getting rid of the stock Elanzos. JK, you will be the first one to be chucked out once our beloved FM decides to accept 7th pay commission recommendations fully.

Jiji, missed auditioning your ICE setup. Next time. Thanks everybody for a successful meet and specially the Doc who flew from Mysore (he couldn't have driven the distance in the same time I took to start from office and reaching the meeting place) to spread his Gnana with everybody.

One thing is sure, this meet made me look forward to more such meets and my better half whole heartedly agrees for the same. And I am happy that I made so many new friends and at the same time the home minister made some of her own too.

Before saying bye, here are some of the pictures I took. Not as good as the ones already posted, but wanted to share some of my own..

Quick Meets at Bangalore-scross03.jpg
The venue

Quick Meets at Bangalore-scross01.jpg
Same color, same bhp (sorry), but different color temperature

Quick Meets at Bangalore-scross07.jpg
Part of the group braving the cold for their love.

Quick Meets at Bangalore-scross04.jpg
And their cars

Name:  scross02.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  162.2 KB
Checking the downpipe mod

Quick Meets at Bangalore-scross05.jpg
Youngest member of the Group

Last edited by girishv : 13th June 2017 at 20:23. Reason: Corrected for broken links to images
girishv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2017, 19:58   #6060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaunthead View Post
A few more shots of the action
Folks, first of all a heartfelt thanks to you and all the other S-Cross owners who turned up for the meet, for accommodating the guest hatch in the midst of all your Crossovers!! Wonderfully compiled report Sudeep. Captures the essence of the meet very well!!

It was an awesome meet and it felt nice to put faces to the handles/names that I see everyday on team-bhp. It was also a pleasure to meet some of the non-BHPian's who had turned up with their beasts. The drive to the CCD on Kolar highway was actually painless though it was a Friday evening and was expecting heavy traffic. It was a treat to watch the gang of S-Cross pose for the pics. Had a fun evening/night in the meet.
When I departed from the meet, Prajesh (kpzen) was ahead of me. You sir drive the beast to its fullest. Thanks for leading the way for almost half the distance almost till KR Puram Bridge. And for the wonderful shot of the Figo!
Well planned meet Keynote & lovetorque. The assembly point to drive to the destination and the meeting point at CCD were well chosen to ensure a hassle free experience to all. And a huge shout out to Doc for driving all the way from Mysore for the meet. We still need to catch up for a Remap vs. Tuning box discussion!! Maybe another mini meet at your farm??
abhinav.s is online now   Reply With Quote