Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 1st August 2009, 03:20   #976
BHPian

i might join up. not sure as of yet. but i might need a lift.
krazydriver84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2009, 03:30   #977
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
i might join up. not sure as of yet. but i might need a lift.
Let me know which side of town you are put up at. Accordingly I shall see if anyone living closeby can pick you up.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2009, 04:50   #978
BHPian

Default Would love to join

Wish had my car in bangalore would have loved to join you guys. Aneways all the best and enjoy your trip
zazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2009, 01:11   #979
BHPian

I am in the the same predicament as MR. Krazydriver . I would love to join but don't have wheels ( Four/two ) underneath me ! Can i get a lift too ?
revvedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2009, 03:30   #980
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zazer View Post
Wish had my car in bangalore would have loved to join you guys. Aneways all the best and enjoy your trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by revvedup View Post
I am in the the same predicament as MR. Krazydriver . I would love to join but don't have wheels ( Four/two ) underneath me ! Can i get a lift too ?
Guys feel free to join us incase you don't have a ride.

Today's drive was awesome. Raj.barcode, cmiuc, brraj, hellstar, krazydriver, ssjr, shyam and myself made it to the drive. Nandi Hills is best at night.
Old 2nd August 2009, 11:30   #981
Team-BHP Support

Default 4x4 shopping meet

This is what happens when a poor soul is trapped by 5 off-roaders into a day long 4x4 goodies shopping meet.

Quick Meets at Bangalore-img0113a.jpg
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2009, 15:35   #982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Guys feel free to join us incase you don't have a ride.

Today's drive was awesome. Raj.barcode, cmiuc, brraj, hellstar, krazydriver, ssjr, shyam and myself made it to the drive. Nandi Hills is best at night.
The meet was lovely and we discovered that Satya still get the jitters in Nandi Hills hideaways.

The Chicken pepper kababs were perfect for the extremely foggy conditions.And the drive up was just about perfect.

We had a "cheap" guest from Gurgaon - krazydriver84, ur one hell of a chap buddie, hope you enjoyed the meet.

We had lots of talk , at Nandi during which the main subject revolved around experinces of McLaren in Trivandrum , which can moreless be depicted by the experince of the guy at the centre of the picture below.
Name:  point500x439.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  33.7 KB

Of course this flow was pretty frequently disrupted by satya trying to locate the voice he heard around of invisible people.

And later doing something with manufacturing bricks .

Too bad i missed out on the crowd a CCD , i was very tired from my chennai - blore drive earlier that day and wanted to cash early so just shot off ... could somebody update as to what all happened at the CCD ? i guess lots of prety interesting things would have happened.
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2009, 15:45   #983
BANNED

Haha! Anup, that pic just had me in splits..

We just hung around CCD for a while, chit chatted and headed back home. You didn't miss much.
Old 2nd August 2009, 16:16   #984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
This is what happens when a poor soul is trapped by 5 off-roaders into a day long 4x4 goodies shopping meet.

Attachment 168394

looks like the meet has ended/nearing its end . mjothi has a look of relief on his face .
Old 2nd August 2009, 16:34   #985
Team-BHP Support

Looks like Nandi hills is the new mysore road for the friday night drive gang.

let's see if I can join in sometime soon. Would love to drive with you folks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
...the main subject revolved around experinces of McLaren in Trivandrum , which can moreless be depicted by the experince of the guy at the centre of the picture below.
Attachment 168418 ....
Something that can be shared on the forum or off forum eerie experiences or... ??
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2009, 17:17   #986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
I was ROFL after seeing this pic. It reminds in a jist of the Trivandrum ordeal that Rahul went through.

Shyam
ShyamSCrdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2009, 20:41   #987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Looks like Nandi hills is the new mysore road for the friday night drive gang.

let's see if I can join in sometime soon. Would love to drive with you folks again

Something that can be shared on the forum or off forum eerie experiences or... ??
sure sir , join us any time usually the drive is on Friday nights , the roads better and the destination simply awesome , every single one of the guys who dropped by has had nothing less to say about the hideaway. and to make matter a little more interesting/enticing for you , i think accessing the place requires some off roading skills .

yesterday for example we had quite some amount of wheelspins and stuff with the hapless FWD vehicles trying to attack the gradient.None that needed advanced 4x4 skills though , but the track down hill where we dont take our precious cars looks promising for the 4X4s. Especialy so after the recent rains has carved some nice run offs for the wheels to get caught.

The other incident , remind us when you join us next and we'll tell ya , it wouldnt be proper to discuss that on the forum. Hope you understand.

Last edited by hellstar : 2nd August 2009 at 20:42.
Old 3rd August 2009, 11:33   #988
BHPian

Default OffRoaders OnRoading meet

Driving all day without food and water. sun, dirt, oil, sweat etc etc reminds us of a typical offroading event.
This Saturday was no different. It was indeed an event of a different kind. We called it OnRoading.

A few phone calls on sultry saturday morning led us all to the JCRoad parking lot. few dont know what to expect. few, clueless on whats going on and a few promised their loved ones to return home by lunch time.

OnRoaders meet at JC road and returning back by lunch time ? hahaha. what a joke. few realized it the hard way went back home only the next day.

By the end of the day, we walked half of bangalore. All that was left was empty stomachs, empty wallets and bags full of stuff. OffRoading Stuff. We were like kids left alone in a candy store. No one knows who is paying for whom. One guy says he wants one thing, every one wants that thing in the next minute. we were on a buy it all marathon. we bought things from tractor parts to torch lights, from tow ropes to radio antennas. Shopkeepers were happy to help.
Our journey started at JC road and end up god knows where.

A few snaps from the meet.
Name:  Photo0053.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  146.9 KB
Name:  Photo0055.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  107.5 KB
Name:  Photo0056.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  95.3 KB
Name:  IMG0113A.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  62.9 KB

Regards,
Krishna.
kittigadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2009, 14:16   #989
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Nice report of the trip to JC Road. Loved the pics as well!
gpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2009, 17:10   #990
Senior - BHPian

Now when do we see pics of everything that was bought?
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote