Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 25th March 2007, 18:31   #106
Team-BHP Support

Great mini-ride guys. Good to meet up with some more members I haven't met before. Thanks for letting us know about that road superravi, you're right, it was nicely paved this time. And you were also right about the gravel! Was a pleasure riding with you guys. Now, lets put veyron, aka flying zma, to work on that report!
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2007, 20:43   #107
Senior - BHPian

Ok. So here goes my version.

I called up manson by 22:30 on saturday to confirm. It was decided that we'd meet up at the BKC jn.

Got up by 05:30 today. SUNDAY. Still wondering what stars are doing on the bedroom ceiling, I got up and finished my chores. With a dizzy head, I called up manson by 06:15 to inform him that I was leaving for Bandra. "Duuuude...you're late...!! Be there by 06:45 or be square..". Great. I pushed off, hoping to make it in time.

20 kms down the line, my ride began to sputter, and I switched over to reserve. Stopped at the next gas station, and filled her up. Spotted this kitted up city. Naturally, I had to stop for pics. After finishing with the photosession in 20 secs (Atul Kasbekar was my shishya), I continued my quest. After 45 minutes of riding, I reached Bandra by 07:05, and met up with manson and group. "Duuude, you're waaay laaaete." Neat. Smiling, I apologised.

We pushed off to Sion circle, where we met up with RT and group. Here, I got to see a couple of the finest F650's alive. Note-alive. Immaculately maintained, would be an understatement.

Together, we pushed of to Mcdonalds, where guzzlerji was supposed to be waiting for us. And voila...there he was, meticulously on time, puffing a few goblets of smoke into the air. After a brief breather, we decided to push off. But wait-where was manson? Ah. He had decided to relinquish his energy by depleting fluids (went to pee). He emerged from McD's, 5 minutes later, with a camera in hand. Apparently, there are pics and a video of, erm, er.....those interested may please contact.....

Finally, we decided to leave for Karjat. And what a beautiful ride it was. Us lesser mortals were pushing flat out most of the time, whereas the big boys were cruising in relaxed fashion.

We halted at this restaurant en' route, where superavi decided to grace us with his presence. We ate, drank, talked, and made merry. Wait. Drink=lime juice.

After the grub and discussions came the photosession, where we obediently lined up for all onlookers (which mostly comprised of stray cattle and dogs) and photographers (more pics should be up soon- c'mon guys...)

Thus, we decided to take the return journey. And what a return journey it was. RT decided to play tag; and it was embarassing, trying to play catchup with a 223cc single. Thankfully, the road conditions didn't allow for high-velocity cornering. I'm guessing taking switchbacks at 120 clicks is normal. But seriously- RT, loved your riding, man. Those 2 years of ownership have made you really familiar with the intricacies of your zee.

Poor manson could not exploit the full potential of the Thunderace, failing to cut the twisties. But he made up for it in the straights, in true-blue SBK fashion. He thundered past us (we were clocking 130 or thereabouts), as though we were standing still. Now I know why they call her the Thunderace.

Finally, we (manson, RT, Gerard, Ritesh & me) re-grouped at Vashi, and waited for the others. Alas, it seemed there were some technical issues with one of the bikes, and the rest were heping him out, and hence couldn't make it.

After a brief breather at Vashi, we headed out to our respective homes, bidding farewell to each other. I reached home by about 12:50. Somehow, the return journey seemed longer...

Like I said, great meet. Wonderful turnout. Here's looking forward to even better future ones...
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2007, 21:31   #108
BHPian

Nice report there veyron....yea....my friend took a wrong turn and while we were waiting up for him we discovered some oil leak on koolsuns bike...so we got delayed there....
And yes looking at rtech on tht zzr was sure one hell of a sight.....just zipping from behind with those WHITE HEADLIGHTS on....
Manson your ride ROXXX dude....the sound from your DEVIL exhaust is mesmerizing....
Enjoyed riding flat out on those curves using the pirellis to the max...
@GUZZLER......Impressed by ur riding skills....your as good a rider as you are a serial kisser
amaazing ride hope the LAVASA one turns out as good or better.
some pics from my side...
This was the place..sorry forgot the name of the place

Grub time

Good shelter for the bikes...

The LIDS

The view from where we sat

Group foto before we left

The Hybrid pulsar..the 200 and the Zma

Last edited by balenopower : 25th March 2007 at 21:41.
balenopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2007, 22:38   #109
Team-BHP Support

Great ride, and a nice report guys.

Riders Present:
Veyron
Baleno Power
Baleno Power's friend
Koolsun
Koolsun's friend
Revvtech with his friend (pillion)
Rt
Gerard
Hitesh (Gerard's friend)
Gr8Guzzler
Superavi with his cousing Vasant (pillion)

A few things apart from what the other have put down:

srikantsan dropped out last minute, as late as 6.30 a.m., our man could not put up with the alchohol from the previous night.
Lancer Mania probably thought the ride was interesting enough, so didnt bother to show up or call anyone for the same.

Guzzler rides just as well as he kisses, probably the most silent of the lot (the f650 boys are in a league of their own), and he was quick on the way back, cameby as one of the mature riders, unlike Veyron who was all over the place in his Zma, and i doubt i saw him cruise for even a 100 ft all through the drive.

Rt, being the nice soul he is, came back to check on veyron, koolsun' s friend and me, and on anoher occasion RT chased down Veyron and another wildchild of a rider when they missed to stop at the regrouping halt.

Gerard and his friend Hitesh have the most well kept f650 s i've come across, was difficult to pick which one of the two was cleaner, learnt a thing or two from the two of you'll, thanks guys.

The rest of them were a difficult lot to keep up with, they would just swarm up behind me at a corner like i was David Coulthard, though i did try and hang around with them on the way back.

Was great riding with you guys, look foward to the next one.

manson.

p.s. will update the thread with pictures of last sunday and today's ride tommorow morning.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2007, 23:35   #110
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post

Lancer Mania probably thought the ride was interesting enough, so didnt bother to show up or call anyone for the same.

i came at 6:40. i saw.no one was present i left.no one was kind enough to give me their number.
lancer_mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2007, 10:04   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
unlike Veyron who was all over the place in his Zma, and i doubt i saw him cruise for even a 100 ft all through the drive.
Ahem....all over the place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
and on another occasion RT chased down Veyron and another wildchild of a rider when they missed to stop at the regrouping halt.
Ah. That was my bad. I was too engrossed to figure that out....the fact that I didn't know the route didn't help things either....

Perhaps I rode a li'l too quick. Point taken. Shall make amends for the next ride...
Old 26th March 2007, 11:54   #112
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_mania View Post
i came at 6:40. i saw.no one was present i left.no one was kind enough to give me their number.
well, i think i did ask you to exchange nos with someone, did you take any initiative?
Besides, the meeting time was 7.00 a.m. whatever made you leave before that!!

manson.
manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2007, 11:54   #113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_mania
Umm, Sir Mania, the time of the meet was scheduled at 7 am. Ofcourse there wouldn't be anyone waiting there at 6.40am!! I reached Sion at about 6.50am where revtech was already waiting with his friend. SO unless you rode by at 6.40am without bothering to stop and wait till 7am (which was the time to meet) maybe you could have joined us. Anyways, we'll all be a bit wiser next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
RT decided to play tag;
play tag? Enjoy the ride is more like it.

Here are a few pics:

The group, just before we stop for b'fast.

V16, you were asking how manson got his helmet on?

Group shot on mansons insistence.

Don't worry guys, its just a highway...the trucks will stop while you take your pics!

Final regroup at Vashi.

The giraffe has found a mate!!

Carrying that load, its no wonder he need's a 1000cc bike

Last edited by Rtech : 26th March 2007 at 11:56.
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2007, 14:10   #114
BHPian

@manson:I'm glad youre really taking the time out to go for rides man and I think the ace is an absolute stunner on the road.All I can say is the wait was worth every bit for that bike.
@R-T:still doin what it takes to keep the people together huh?awesome man with your patience,I salute you.
the rest of the guys keep rocking with them and great pictures guys keep up the good work and the spirit of Team-bhp.!
nitroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2007, 17:50   #115
BHPian

Default Great Ride

It was super to see the larger bikes, and also great to meet up with the likes of Gerard, Rtech,Manson, Guzzler, Baleno Power, RevTech et al on this trip.

RTech - that road figures on travels twice every week and i do know it very well, but i've never ridden/driven so fast on it.

It was also super to catch up with Gerard and Hitesh (?) on their F650s on the turns, and equally impressive to see them speed away on the straights.

I caught up with Manson on a curve and that bike simply, but simply took off on the semblance of the straight that came up after the curve.

And Manson, my cousin's pestering me to buy something like the Thunderace ASAP!

Have fun guys, ride safe!

Superavi
superavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2007, 22:48   #116
BHPian

Awesome mini meet....only wish it was a bit more cooler and we could have probably gone longer. It was gr8 meeting new folks.

@Balenopower, manson - Thanks guys. It was the first time I took my bike for a long (and revvedup) drive, it was fun and the bike feels gr8 to drive now.

Hope we can have another one soon.

Cheers!!!
gr8guzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2007, 10:22   #117
BHPian

great pics guys. Needless to say I've missed out on something.
Apologies for the absolute last minute backing out - I had planned on coming despite the previous nights revelry - but alas when I woke in the morning the head just wouldn't stop hurting. I cant stand ditchers so im not too proud of being one.

Nonetheless, I am always game for any ride anytime - Been doing some late night riding the previous 2 nights. If any ones ever interested for some quick spins now and then, feel free to message me.

Great stuff with the enthu Manson. Good luck with your exams.
srikantans04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2007, 11:48   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
play tag? Enjoy the ride is more like it.
Enjoyed? Loved it, bro...it's been a while since I've pushed my ride that hard... t'was really superb following ya... I don't think I'll forget those 110 and 120 kay curvies anytime soon... although since my tyres sucked, I had to rely entirely upon weight transfer instead of banking and lean angles to track true through the corners...and your racing lines were immac.

BTW, did I thank you for your patience to, ahem, "hunt the cattle down (I'm guessing I was the wild one)"..?
Old 27th March 2007, 12:23   #119
BHPian

Great ride! Good roads! and a lot of fun!
You guys really scoot down the curves!
Quote:
The giraffe has found a mate!!
Well it has quite a few!
This was fom a previous trip down the sane roads!
Gerardfdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2007, 13:15   #120
Senior - BHPian

Oi...! That Boxer twin beemer...is that an R80?