Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 23rd March 2007, 16:34   #46
Senior - BHPian

i`v been to dumdama lake once...nice place for a meet ,even the drive is not that bad...there are some nice spots on the way to the lake to just sit and enjoy the view. found some pics in my cell ,nothin great but still it gives an idea of the place (sorry for the bad quality,ph cam)

31st of this month fine with everyone ?
faithless_1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 16:38   #47
BHPian

You know, I think we ran out of options..! Yeh Sab logo toh Jaipur-Karnal le jaane wale hai..!

Arrey Lets keep it simple for Al-Kauser in The evening when its cooler or Same old Surajkund and then move on to NFC..!

Decide kar bhi lo bhai logo..!
wolfinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 16:56   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Where is our "cheap" organizer & DBHPian?
Right here!

Quote:
Come on guys, lets be realistic here........driving 130 kms in this heat (and chaotic traffic post 8 am) is not my idea of fun.

I could think of a whole lot of places that have yummy food and serve cheap booze a lot closer to home as Wolfinstein says!
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
BUT I aint driving 120-130 kms to eat some food .... and that too driving on a straight stretch of highway -- One can just put it in 5th , lock the knees under the steering and take a nap !!!
I agree with both Khaadu & Suman here no point doing the drive in this heat & traffic only for food.

Quote:
Dam Dama lake is a good idea .... and infact raghava has seen the resort -- so he should be able to throw some light on that .
Last time I went the drive was quite disappointing due to traffic & broken roads which couldn't have improved due to the recent rains. Plus, the resort was in really bad shape & the access road is really treacherous for normal cars. I somehow couldn't justify driving 2 hrs each way for all that crap.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 16:59   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
Arrey Lets keep it simple for Al-Kauser in The evening when its cooler or Same old Surajkund and then move on to NFC..!
How about meeting at Surajkund in the evening at let's say about 4:30pm, loittering around till about 7-ish & then pushing off to Al-Kauser? Should be manageable & the drive won't be too long either.

What do you guys say?
Old 23rd March 2007, 17:05   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
How about meeting at Surajkund in the evening at let's say about 4:30pm, loittering around till about 7-ish & then pushing off

What do you guys say?
Aao thakur, aao! Or should I say aao dhanno di owner, aao......

Same friggin prog is what I say; man, its too far to drive.....4pm is bloody hot these days. I know the bulk of the group prefers Surajkund/Faridabad but for once can we look at maybe a Chattarpur or a Tivoli Garden or something in that vicinity? Like an equi-distant point or something?
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 17:10   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Aao thakur, aao! Or should I say aao dhanno di owner, aao......

Same friggin prog is what I say; man, its too far to drive.....4pm is bloody hot these days. I know the bulk of the group prefers Surajkund/Faridabad but for once can we look at maybe a Chattarpur or a Tivoli Garden or something in that vicinity? Like an equi-distant point or something?
BULLSEYE mate ..... Im sick of the HI- HELLO , go drink thingy !! kpzen put in a gud suggestion , how about a cricket game meet up . Atleast it will be diofferent , a few chilled beers - bloody mary's - a tennis ball - bat - and 40 of us !!!
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 17:15   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Last time I went the drive was quite disappointing due to traffic & broken roads which couldn't have improved due to the recent rains. Plus, the resort was in really bad shape & the access road is really treacherous for normal cars. I somehow couldn't justify driving 2 hrs each way for all that crap.
the last thing i wanna say here is that the dam dama lake is a govt organization.....and we all here know how the govt sector tourism complex are maintained....

My last word about the meet is that it can be done on a farm house weather it can be of zhuchero or any other place .......and we can plan to meet a bit early so that we can discuss about cars ICE and many more things.....dont just make the meet like come drink eat and go home type......
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 17:19   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BULLSEYE mate ..... Im sick of the HI- HELLO , go drink thingy !! kpzen put in a gud suggestion , how about a cricket game meet up . Atleast it will be diofferent , a few chilled beers - bloody mary's - a tennis ball - bat - and 40 of us !!!
I would agree here.....
Old 23rd March 2007, 17:26   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I would agree here.....
Fair enough guys I'm sure everyone is game for a different plan. But the problem is getting a good enough suggestion which is acceptable to all & finding a venue. I would appreciate all the help I could get here, playing cricket is a good idea & we could arrange some very chilled Beers & Vodka's in Ice Boxes but where is the venue? Zucchero's farm is too small for this kind of thing.

Last edited by iraghava : 23rd March 2007 at 17:27.
Old 24th March 2007, 12:37   #55
BHPian

Zuchero Place Idea will be good..!

Second in line could be to meet up as decided at Suraj Kund at 5 Then move to Al-Kauser.

Third- We can all line up at Nelson Mandela Marg in Vasant Kunj-There is lot of open land for those who want to play a quick 20-20 Cricket game and then move on to Al-Kauser ( This will be much closer for Suman).

Are we looking at 31 March Saturday or 1 April Sunday..!

Last edited by wolfinstein : 24th March 2007 at 12:50.
wolfinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2007, 12:44   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Zuchero Place Idea will be good..!

Second in line could be to meet up as decided at Suraj Kund at 5 Then move to Al-Kauser.

Third- We can all line up at Nelson Mandela Marg in Vasant Kunj-There is lot of open land for those who want to play a quick 20-20 Cricket game and then move on to Al-Kauser ( This will be much closer for Suman).
I agree with any of the three options above......
Old 26th March 2007, 13:48   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are we looking at 31 March Saturday or 1 April Sunday..!
Methinks we should avoid congregating on 1st April since its All Fools Day .....on a more serious note, looks like this meet has died a natural death much like India's WC performance .....Saturday is just round the corner
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2007, 16:57   #58
Senior - BHPian

but the saturday is on the 31st of march....
Old 26th March 2007, 17:52   #59
Senior - BHPian

saturday is fine..... jago bhai logon!!
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2007, 18:04   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
saturday is fine..... jago bhai logon!!

but where...........