Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2007, 16:34   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
faithless_1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,517
Thanked: 183 Times
Default

i`v been to dumdama lake once...nice place for a meet ,even the drive is not that bad...there are some nice spots on the way to the lake to just sit and enjoy the view. found some pics in my cell ,nothin great but still it gives an idea of the place (sorry for the bad quality,ph cam)




31st of this month fine with everyone ?
faithless_1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 16:38   #47
BHPian
 
wolfinstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 994
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

You know, I think we ran out of options..! Yeh Sab logo toh Jaipur-Karnal le jaane wale hai..!

Arrey Lets keep it simple for Al-Kauser in The evening when its cooler or Same old Surajkund and then move on to NFC..!

Decide kar bhi lo bhai logo..!
wolfinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 16:56   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 150 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Where is our "cheap" organizer & DBHPian?
Right here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Come on guys, lets be realistic here........driving 130 kms in this heat (and chaotic traffic post 8 am) is not my idea of fun.

I could think of a whole lot of places that have yummy food and serve cheap booze a lot closer to home as Wolfinstein says!
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
BUT I aint driving 120-130 kms to eat some food .... and that too driving on a straight stretch of highway -- One can just put it in 5th , lock the knees under the steering and take a nap !!!
I agree with both Khaadu & Suman here no point doing the drive in this heat & traffic only for food.


Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Dam Dama lake is a good idea .... and infact raghava has seen the resort -- so he should be able to throw some light on that .
Last time I went the drive was quite disappointing due to traffic & broken roads which couldn't have improved due to the recent rains. Plus, the resort was in really bad shape & the access road is really treacherous for normal cars. I somehow couldn't justify driving 2 hrs each way for all that crap.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 16:59   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 150 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
Arrey Lets keep it simple for Al-Kauser in The evening when its cooler or Same old Surajkund and then move on to NFC..!
How about meeting at Surajkund in the evening at let's say about 4:30pm, loittering around till about 7-ish & then pushing off to Al-Kauser? Should be manageable & the drive won't be too long either.

What do you guys say?
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 17:05   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
suman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
How about meeting at Surajkund in the evening at let's say about 4:30pm, loittering around till about 7-ish & then pushing off

What do you guys say?
Aao thakur, aao! Or should I say aao dhanno di owner, aao......

Same friggin prog is what I say; man, its too far to drive.....4pm is bloody hot these days. I know the bulk of the group prefers Surajkund/Faridabad but for once can we look at maybe a Chattarpur or a Tivoli Garden or something in that vicinity? Like an equi-distant point or something?
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 17:10   #51
BANNED
 
khaadu75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: same as the proposed venue for F1 ;-)
Posts: 1,154
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Aao thakur, aao! Or should I say aao dhanno di owner, aao......

Same friggin prog is what I say; man, its too far to drive.....4pm is bloody hot these days. I know the bulk of the group prefers Surajkund/Faridabad but for once can we look at maybe a Chattarpur or a Tivoli Garden or something in that vicinity? Like an equi-distant point or something?
BULLSEYE mate ..... Im sick of the HI- HELLO , go drink thingy !! kpzen put in a gud suggestion , how about a cricket game meet up . Atleast it will be diofferent , a few chilled beers - bloody mary's - a tennis ball - bat - and 40 of us !!!
khaadu75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 17:15   #52
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 293 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Last time I went the drive was quite disappointing due to traffic & broken roads which couldn't have improved due to the recent rains. Plus, the resort was in really bad shape & the access road is really treacherous for normal cars. I somehow couldn't justify driving 2 hrs each way for all that crap.
the last thing i wanna say here is that the dam dama lake is a govt organization.....and we all here know how the govt sector tourism complex are maintained....

My last word about the meet is that it can be done on a farm house weather it can be of zhuchero or any other place .......and we can plan to meet a bit early so that we can discuss about cars ICE and many more things.....dont just make the meet like come drink eat and go home type......
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 17:19   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 293 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
BULLSEYE mate ..... Im sick of the HI- HELLO , go drink thingy !! kpzen put in a gud suggestion , how about a cricket game meet up . Atleast it will be diofferent , a few chilled beers - bloody mary's - a tennis ball - bat - and 40 of us !!!
I would agree here.....
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2007, 17:26   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 150 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
BULLSEYE mate ..... Im sick of the HI- HELLO , go drink thingy !! kpzen put in a gud suggestion , how about a cricket game meet up . Atleast it will be diofferent , a few chilled beers - bloody mary's - a tennis ball - bat - and 40 of us !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I would agree here.....
Fair enough guys I'm sure everyone is game for a different plan. But the problem is getting a good enough suggestion which is acceptable to all & finding a venue. I would appreciate all the help I could get here, playing cricket is a good idea & we could arrange some very chilled Beers & Vodka's in Ice Boxes but where is the venue? Zucchero's farm is too small for this kind of thing.

Last edited by iraghava : 23rd March 2007 at 17:27.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2007, 12:37   #55
BHPian
 
wolfinstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 994
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Zuchero Place Idea will be good..!

Second in line could be to meet up as decided at Suraj Kund at 5 Then move to Al-Kauser.

Third- We can all line up at Nelson Mandela Marg in Vasant Kunj-There is lot of open land for those who want to play a quick 20-20 Cricket game and then move on to Al-Kauser ( This will be much closer for Suman).

Are we looking at 31 March Saturday or 1 April Sunday..!

Last edited by wolfinstein : 24th March 2007 at 12:50.
wolfinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2007, 12:44   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 293 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
Zuchero Place Idea will be good..!

Second in line could be to meet up as decided at Suraj Kund at 5 Then move to Al-Kauser.

Third- We can all line up at Nelson Mandela Marg in Vasant Kunj-There is lot of open land for those who want to play a quick 20-20 Cricket game and then move on to Al-Kauser ( This will be much closer for Suman).
I agree with any of the three options above......
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2007, 13:48   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
suman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
Are we looking at 31 March Saturday or 1 April Sunday..!
Methinks we should avoid congregating on 1st April since its All Fools Day .....on a more serious note, looks like this meet has died a natural death much like India's WC performance .....Saturday is just round the corner
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2007, 16:57   #58
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 293 Times
Default

but the saturday is on the 31st of march....
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2007, 17:52   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
panky12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,647
Thanked: 122 Times
Default

saturday is fine..... jago bhai logon!!
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2007, 18:04   #60
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 293 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
saturday is fine..... jago bhai logon!!


but where...........
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Delhi Team-BHP meet, Saturday, 30th March. Culinaire, GK2. Chandan Market, S Block. sameerg001 The Team-BHP Meet Section 57 19th May 2013 19:26
Meet on 27th March in Delhi harishnayak The Team-BHP Meet Section 2 25th March 2010 19:41
Delhi meet -- 26th March ?? khaadu75 The Team-BHP Meet Section 47 27th March 2006 11:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks