Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 13th May 2007, 13:06   #61
BHPian

hi,

im coming in my accent. dont worry. just damped the boot last night till morning 6 o clock. bus ill be getting ready and off i go. ill be there at around 3:45 to 4:00. bus ab im watching the clock tick

Last edited by clipto333 : 13th May 2007 at 13:07.
clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2007, 13:44   #62
BHPian

Hey cliptoo i am also waiting for the clocks ticking and hey please guys bring all your driving skills in ludhiana don't use your skills on the way to ludhiana..... heheheeh

Drive carefully My Bro's.......
CHIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2007, 00:12   #63
BHPian

GOD..!!!
What a g2g. SUPERB fun. Real nice.
A chance to let everyone flaunt their beauties, Have an Audio competition
Hope everyone got back nice and well. Abhi, you missed this one bro.

I was using Captain's camera and he has the lion's share of pics.
Each pic shot in max resolution mode, so file size has to be scary. I guess Imageshack will resize the file sizes for you bro. Keep it atleast 500kb each so that we get to see big pics after clicking the thumbnails.
I know that will take some so putting up some teaser pics for now.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 14th May 2007 at 20:29.
ScarySkulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2007, 00:39   #64
BHPian

hi,

yes scary skulls, it was a great meet with beautiful machines. this Cadillac v8 and ablack yamaha drag star cruiser and of course the one and only clipto's accent...lol just kidding. we were about 70-80 people.

ss ill get the pics tomorrow. if you wan a cd, can send you one. both of us reached safely(blue lagoon mock and antiquity..lol.

captain please post the pics asap. i want the Cadillacs immaculately kept interiors. swear people the interiors were like they had been freshly made and polished wood with shiny scratchless chrome accents.

the meat was rocking
Old 14th May 2007, 00:44   #65
BHPian

Interiors were damn good. I dont think I clicked the pics of interior, but that is hardly a problem since that can be done anytime else too. Owner is a well known family friend.

Clipto I gotta hand it over to you, THE FRONT SOUND STAGE ROCKS MAN.
congrats. The SQ vote goes to you definately. Even the most hard to please guys praised your system. And it would be great if you or captain could courier me a CD or atleast keep it for me which has the Big, full resolution versions.

And hey, what were your GPS timings?

Last edited by ScarySkulls : 14th May 2007 at 00:46.
Old 14th May 2007, 00:52   #66
Senior - BHPian

hmmmm 70-80 people....so how many Bhpian in there.....

And do post the pics........
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2007, 23:03   #67
Senior - BHPian

Note: We had to clean the thread up a little. Since nothing was put up saying there was provision of emergency medical services or prior police notification given.If they were present, kindly mention such here and we would be more than happy to put the deleted posts back. We do understand that we cannot rule events on private land as illegal. Team-BHP has strict rules against illegal racing hence the moderation.
ported_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2007, 23:38   #68
Senior - BHPian

Thanks mods for bringing back this thread. we were like going mad not able to find any info about this meet. like ported has said, guys please give more info regarding the safety , back up etc.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2007, 23:57   #69
Team-BHP Support

While racing or dragin on private property is not illlegal in the technical sense and in the eyes of the law I believe that we at TBHP have to adhere to higher standards.

Racing done under proper supervision, with proper training, and in the presense or under the guidance of professionalsis one thing. Without these precautions it is tantamount to Russian Roulette.

Now there will be some here who will contend that we (the mods) are pots calling the kettle black. My contention is that, pots or kettles, it still does not make it right.

I have raced at Limerock CT. That was right.

However I have also driven quite fast down challenging roads like the PCH and Taconic parkway. That was NOT right. I was lucky. I would not do it again.

You can say I was lucky to have gotten away with the "dangerous" driving I did when I was younger. You can say I was lucky to have had access to a racing track, instructors etc..and you will be right. I feel sorry that India does not provide such infrastructure. I feel helpless everyime I read about a young life snuffed out.

I am posting this in the hope that atleast a few of the younger readers/members can learn from an older man's mistakes. Having access to this forum and a nice car, I assume, means that all of you have bright promising futures ahead of you. Why throw all that away for a moment of insanity.

So what's the solution. The best I can find is...

Take the promising life you have and find a proper race track. Many of you can easily gain admission to universities abroad, many are very employable outside India. Grab these opportunites and try it out if only for a few years.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 00:04   #70
Senior - BHPian

Great piece of advice navin. I hope all those young racing spirits listen to this & practice.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 00:05   #71
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Take the promising life you have and find a proper race track.
Its about time .. Maybe we should ask for the bombay drags that are held also to be on a proper drag strip or an abandoned air strip .. Now that there are no official drags going to be held in bangy , illegals seem to be making their way back .. It wont be that long when we too will see a few runs held on private land .. All over the country ..
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 05:21   #72
BHPian

hi guys,

the thread is back and after i saw this thread come up again it really changed my thinking. and i must add, all credit goes to the man with a 1.8 rs. well said and explained navin. I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU.

to tell you the truth navinji, i didnt race at all. im married and i have some responsibilities which i cannot ignore at any cost. im not saying the bachelors dont have responsibilities but IMHO they are less worried which i noticed at the meet. i there and then refused to drag. couldnt stop imagining my wife and my family without me.

i understand your concerns navinji and i know you have double the experience and your suggestions really make sense(to me atleast)

i agree there should be a proper facility to have competitions like ours so that if any mishap happens proper facilities are there to deal with the situation. otherwise it can fatal so i think we all at tbhp discourage activities which are potentially dangerous without proper facilities.

rest ill continue in the morning.

i truly appreciate your valid concerns navin.

regards

rishabh
Old 15th May 2007, 06:40   #73
BHPian

what has happened actually can anyone explain here ?
navdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 08:13   #74
Senior - BHPian

More pics of the Caddy please!
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2007, 09:13   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
Note: We had to clean the thread up a little. Since nothing was put up saying there was provision of emergency medical services or prior police notification given.If they were present, kindly mention such here and we would be more than happy to put the deleted posts back. We do understand that we cannot rule events on private land as illegal. Team-BHP has strict rules against illegal racing hence the moderation.
Ofcourse nothing was mentioned. Because we werent given time to post up the detailed report of the meet, which would mentioned everything that is necessary regarding the meet...
and not even a warning given prior to thread suspension. brilliant.

Anyways, for the record.
Yes Everything (save for proper racing equipement) was taken care of.
Drag strip owner permission, police permission and first aid kits with backup vehicles if required. AND the prescence of few enthusiastic doctors (also attending for the love of cars)

Last edited by ScarySkulls : 15th May 2007 at 09:16.