Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 23rd April 2007, 11:23   #31
BHPian

An awesome first t-bhp drive for me .. and the TT's presence was a great bonus - nice car there, EVO6.
The drive was one of the better ones I've done - awesome road. It didn't go too well with two of my passenger friends though. They got motion-sick on the way back .. both throwing up almost simultaneously (outside the car, thankgod) .. phew!
Umm .. and thanks for waiting up, guys ..
etchemkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2007, 11:31   #32
BHPian

Quote:
the next time will come around sooner than expected
When? like this weekend?
Gerardfdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2007, 12:04   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

I'd like to apologise for not showing up. I was really looking forward to this, but by the time i got to bed on saturday night it was 4am. My loss.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2007, 12:07   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by etchemkay View Post
Umm .. and thanks for waiting up, guys ..
Next time you will end up paying up for everyone's fuel if you make us wait like that. To all those who do not know: etchemkay took 20 mins to reach the start point when he was just 3.5 kms away . Just kidding, hope your buddies are doing fine now. We missed you for breakfast.

My sincere apologies to Praneet. We missed mentioning his car. He came he conquered and left because of an emergency on his family front and it was nice of him to make it inspite of difficulties on home front. And he has an awesome Zen too .
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2007, 12:31   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Next time you will end up paying up for everyone's fuel if you make us wait like that.
Aye aye cappie !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
To all those who do not know: etchemkay took 20 mins to reach the start point when he was just 3.5 kms away .
It was our common friend actually who took 10 mins to get down an elevator from 7 floors above.

Where was breakfast had, by the way ?
etchemkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2007, 12:48   #36

Nice drive and meet. I enjoyed it. Though i know nothing of the geek words that were floating in the air, i enjoyed the drive and the cars.

I have some pics, should i upload them or i will have to blank out the number plates. ??
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2007, 13:05   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by etchemkay View Post
Where was breakfast had, by the way ?
We had nice Cheese omlette's at Vohuman's , we wish :(.

Had sick Dosa's at Shiv Sagar.
Old 23rd April 2007, 13:19   #38
BHPian

wow.. i m very disappointed to miss this G2G. Tucson and Audi oh man.. why I was not able to make it :(
pawan_pullarwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2007, 14:34   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Nice drive and meet. I enjoyed it. Though i know nothing of the geek words that were floating in the air, i enjoyed the drive and the cars.

I have some pics, should i upload them or i will have to blank out the number plates. ??
Sorry we left you behind. I got your PM today as I did not sign on over the weekend. We thought of you but had no choice to leave since it got too late.

Please feel free to post pictures. No one should mind their numbers being displayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
wow.. i m very disappointed to miss this G2G. Tucson and Audi oh man.. why I was not able to make it :(
Sulk on sulk on until the next drive.
Old 23rd April 2007, 16:24   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
No offence meant buddy, and i hope no offence taken, it was just that I got scared when you braked with the clutch pedal pressed through the corners.. its just my personal thing.. sorry about the continuous nagging, "go slow", "aaram se le", etc.. I get scared when I'm passenger..

but thanks a tonne for the ride , the Tucson is indeed a great car.. take rest and get that fever off you..!
Great Boy, how was your Exams?
and why dint u tell me to "go slow" in our last meet?? I was pressing the clutch/brake/throttle all at the same times??
scooby05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2007, 17:56   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I'd like to apologise for not showing up. I was really looking forward to this, but by the time i got to bed on saturday night it was 4am. My loss.

Something similar happened with me, slept late nite, when I woke up saw two missed calls from Shrivz. Decided to meet the guys on their way back. SO met them at CC & then proceeded to Shivsagar for breakfast. Though couldnt meet any new member, it was nice to meet others after such a long time.

Me & shrivz got some tips from EVO6 on ICE who made my otherwise normal setup sound quite clean.. Thanks Bhushan dont know how many chnage i will actually do to my current setup But am surely coming your way for advice whenever my next ICE setup happens
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2007, 18:31   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardfdz View Post
When? like this weekend?
Gerard, the roads have lots of gravel on corners which makes it a big risk for bikers. It will be fun if you plan a drive instead of a ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Sam next time you are in town, give us a call we will make another attempt at gathering Bhpians from Pune for a drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Me & shrivz got some tips from EVO6 on ICE who made my otherwise normal setup sound quite clean.. Thanks Bhushan dont know how many chnage i will actually do to my current setup But am surely coming your way for advice whenever my next ICE setup happens
EVO6 has immense knowledge on ICE. I take his advice as a rule. Thanks Bhushan and be prepared to be troubled with questions from me too.
Old 23rd April 2007, 19:48   #43
BHPian

Ok guys.. sorry for the delay,

here's my report:

21st April 2007:

evening around 6:00pm

I call technocrat
the conversation is and under:
hi
bol
kal aara na?
nahi re.. got cousins come over
abe chup chaap aa
nahi re..
we plan to leave at 7:30 and will be back by about 9:30
(after a bit more pestering)
ok i'll let u know in a while
(i again call and he confirms)
woohoo, one more member in!

around 8:00 pm

get a message from moral asking for edmund's number
I have his old number which isn't in use anymore.

I call praneet, he hasnt seen the thread, so give him all necessary details. He says he'll confirm in a bit, and soon i get a call from him confirming his presence at the meet!

I see stararmour online, ask her for edmund's number. Call edmund's house, get his cell no. tried calling him on his cell, he cuts the call, he was in class, so messaged him, he called after class and confirmes!

around 9:30 ish

Get a call from ram, he's in for the meet too. Try and co-ordinate his pick-up, moralfibre voulenteers to pick him up.

I call karlosdeville, he's in class, he calls after class and confirms for the meet!

inform evo6 and moralfibre about the updates

moralfibre sends me hkanitkar's confirmation!

I message Sam and ask him to be ready at 6:45 instead of 7:00.. he says ok...

22nd April 2007:

get to bed at about 2:30 am

3:45 am, my phone rings!
its a message.. wake up, squint eyes try to read it, its from Sam, he says he's just going to bed and wont be able to wake up tomorrow morning.. dayum.. anyways.. reply and knock off to bed..

6:15 am
alarm rings..
snooze it,
5min later, wake up with the second alarm..

get my camera and tripod ready.. take a shower.. get ready.. message karl.. and leave..
pick up karl and head to chandni chowk..

it was a plesant sight to see Pune roads empty for a change..

on the way, I realise that I've forgotten my camera and tripod at home.. curse myself and move ahead, as it would've got really late had i gone back home to get it..

anyways, we reach chandni chowk at about 7:20 and to my plesant surprise, we have a great turnout.. everyone who promised came..

the others who hadnt arrived came in a bit.. except for HMK.. who made us wait and got us all frustrated, angry and we ended up cursing him.. but he made it just before we left.. I hopped into alok's tucson and we were off.. the lines were smooth and slides were controlled..

reached Lavasa, found a nice parking spot and lined up.. had a lot of car talk, checking out Evo's ice as usual.. something you can never get tired of.. praneet gets a call and has to rush back because of a family emergency..

we then turn back from the lavasa main gate, stop on the way for a photoshoot and head towards chandni chowk.. It was only during the photoshoot did I realise Josh, he was standing in one corner just watching us.. went up to him, introduced myself and got him into the group.. (bro I hope you come forward next time around.. I was feeling really bad that you were just standing there! without knowing anyone.. please PM me your number so that I can inform you about future meets..)

We caught up with (a just woken up) Technocrat at CC, some members left from chandni chowk... while the others proceeded towards Shiv Sagar for dosas..

I tried getting in touch with Sam to see if he could join us for breakfast, but it didnt make sense for him to come all the way from KP to Aundh with all those diversions on the way.. decided to catchup with him later

breakfast was plesant and full of car talk..
everyone dispersed after breakfast..
kiran took ram, karl and rahul to the BU Bhandari workshop while Bhushan, Amit (bhushan's buddy), Technocrat and me set out to check Techno's ICE..

EVO! I've said it before and I'm saying it again, hats off to you for your knowledge in ICE..

after a lot of tweaking and criticising the installers from Poona Motors, evo realised that the polarity of the Sub was incorrect.. That was corrected by flipping the polarity from the HU and boy what a relief.. that sub sounded a whole lot better.. Learnt a lot that day.. just by observing.. and listening intently..

Overall the meet was great! a great drive and a great meet!

kudos to all those who made it..
hard luck to those who didnt.. though, there's always next time..

A special shout out to torqueunlimited for coming along even though he was running temperature..

lets do this more often guys!

cheers!!!

Last edited by shrivz : 23rd April 2007 at 19:55.
shrivz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2007, 21:05   #44
Senior - BHPian

Nice report there Shrivz. Sounds like you had a great meet. What happened to the bikers? No one came?
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2007, 21:13   #45
BHPian

yeah sajo.. it was a great meet.. where were you? PM me your number.. I'll get in touch with you for the enxt drive/meet...

The bikers went to amby valley..
shrivz is offline   Reply With Quote