Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 1st June 2007, 00:47   #16
BHPian

Hey KKR

I have sent PMs close 40 guys, lets see the response
romyeo4u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 00:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sys_whiz View Post
Guys I am in. I am very upset, I could not make the last meet, I had to rush to Delhi for some urgent office work. By that time, my Carputer project would have been finished. Will have lots of fun in long drive.
definitly, also we need to check out the PC installation in your car, (the hitech ICE system)

the list so far:

FuriousSphinx
Romyeo4u
kkr2k2
suren181
zenopio
nosfreak
sys_whiz

@mobike:
upload the pics of the last meet in that thread, before you are off to banglore. also confirm about your presence for the meet.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 00:57   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
definitly, also we need to check out the PC installation in your car, (the hitech ICE system)
Its almost done. Got all the parts. This Saturday going to SPROCKET for the final install. Sad that the ELM 327 OBD II Adapter does not work with the ECU of my Baleno.
sys_whiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 07:51   #19
BHPian

Hey guys,

I am in...

Count me in.
naveen.kk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 12:03   #20
BHPian

Quote:

the list so far:

FuriousSphinx
Romyeo4u
kkr2k2
suren181
zenopio
nosfreak
sys_whiz

@mobike:
upload the pics of the last meet in that thread, before you are off to banglore. also confirm about your presence for the meet.
Hi raj,
why did not u count me in dude? I am in for my first ever team-bhp meet.

Regarding the route to Manjeera Dam, Till sankarpally the route is good, if not great. I have to check the route between sankarpally and Sangareddy (where the dam is located). There are other routes also from Jeedimetla, of course via small villages, only single lane roads, but it will be exiciting (at least for me). I would check these routes on my Bike and give the options by Mid of June.

@raj sekhar: Did you previously go to the Dam? I have checked in google and I found no good route to the Dam. Only one route that goes near to it.
ravi@64bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 13:10   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.kk View Post
Hey guys,
I am in...
Count me in.
thadasthu, you are in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Hi raj,
why did not u count me in dude? I am in for my first ever team-bhp meet.
I knew you would come, but wanted an online confirmation in the thread.

Quote:
Regarding the route to Manjeera Dam, Till sankarpally the route is good, if not great. I have to check the route between sankarpally and Sangareddy (where the dam is located). There are other routes also from Jeedimetla, of course via small villages, only single lane roads, but it will be exiciting (at least for me). I would check these routes on my Bike and give the options by Mid of June.
@everyone:
what do you guys say about ravi's proposal???, going through the villages.

@ravi:
now checking the route personally is going an extra mile ..... khudos dude.

Quote:
@raj sekhar: Did you previously go to the Dam? I have checked in google and I found no good route to the Dam. Only one route that goes near to it.
no buddy, i have never been to the dam.

There is only one route from sangareddy, that is taking a left at the SP banglow in sangareddy, the road isnt straight so that you can easily make it out from the map. Instead you have to come all way down to sangareddy SP banglow and zoom in and you can follow the road.
(@ravi: most straight roads are not straight when observed from above)

raj.
Old 1st June 2007, 14:42   #22
Senior - BHPian

the list so far:

FuriousSphinx
Romyeo4u
kkr2k2
suren181
zenopio
nosfreak
sys_whiz
naveen.kk
ravi@64bhp

hmm... interesting!!!, the list is getting bigger and bigger (9 ppl so far). this time we should break all records in numbers.

kevin, satish, aadix(i think you will be done with your exams), torque(are you back in india), dwarak, ankur, chaterji, insanedevil, airfoil, solly, ........

where are you guys???

and any new about speedzak comming to hyd. If he comes to hyd before the meet, we can have a mini meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romyeo4u View Post
Hey KKR

I have sent PMs close 40 guys, lets see the response
this needs a special mention, well done romy.

raj.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 1st June 2007 at 14:48.
Old 1st June 2007, 14:52   #23

Is it the same as Nizamsagar dam??

I have been to this dam(Nizamsagar) once.. after some 20 km from Patancheru on NH9 we took a right for the dam(asked the way from a dhaba).. After the turn the State highway starts which is not wide enough for 2 vehicles plus bullock carts also ply on the road.. you could enjoy the scenic beauty though. Dam is around 130-150 kms. As for the Dam, well, it is a horrible place we couldn't find a decent dhaba around the place to eat or to park the vehicle.. the road on the dam was just wide enough for a single 4-wheeler to pass at a time so if another one comes from the opposite side you are in a trapped in an embarrassing situation.. the road after the dam was not actually a road but a collection of boulders on a stretch of 2 kms.. till today I shudder when I think of the road.. this dam is not all a tourist destination as Nagarjunasagar is. we didnot return on the same route.. instead went ahed to Medak and then visited medak fort and moved towards hyderabad.. entered hyderabad from miyapur side.. so it was finally a full circle rather than returning via the same route... Don't want to spoil your fun but guys, be prepared for bad roads and other shocks.. the dhabas are only on the NH9 or when you are near to hyderabad(while returning) but yes the dhabas are good.. We planned this trip in a very short span of time and none of us actually new well enough about the place or the way.. took directions from mapmyindia.com and mapsofindia.com.

some one visiting the place on bike prior to the trip is actually a good idea to avoid any surprises....

we got the idea of doing the trip from here
Go Goa..... : Nizam Sagar - Medak, Llewellyn Desouza blogs on sulekha, Travel blogs, Llewellyn Desouza blog from india

however somehow our experience was exactly opposite of theirs..
naveen_binu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 14:54   #24
BHPian

Default New venue proposal

Hey raj,
How about Singur Dam near Sadasivapet? It seems a bigger dam than Manjeera. It is bulit on the same Manjeera river above the manjeera dam. I do not know the distance exactly. I think it would make a better venue than Manjeera. What you guys say?
ravi@64bhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 18:17   #25
BHPian

I would love to be a part of the meet. But I will be heading for college on June 21st. So you guys enjoy.
indian21r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 19:14   #26
BHPian

Quote:
dude, your return was in my mind (25th june right???)
post some pics and vids....

Man Raj, eating too much Parle G? Nice Memory! Yeah, ill be arriving to hyd on 25th June (noon).

Am on dailup here, 50kbps!!! Choke! So uploading pics is out of question. Besides, I still dint get time to shoot and exotic cars. Just too busy drooling I guess
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2007, 22:49   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
I would love to be a part of the meet. But I will be heading for college on June 21st. So you guys enjoy.
which college buddy???

30th june is a saturday, dont you have weekend as holidays???

there is lot of time for the meet to happen, and you being one of the senior bhpians from hyderabad, we would like to meet with you. I am sure, you can make time for the meet.

raj.
Old 2nd June 2007, 10:53   #28
BHPian

damn..
will probably be in Mumbai on that weekend :(
katalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2007, 12:25   #29
BHPian

Count me in too guys...
rao_battula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2007, 12:46   #30
BANNED

nice to see new members are also commming...hmmm the list is increasing.
zenopio is offline   Reply With Quote