Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 28th July 2007, 17:11   #46
Senior - BHPian

Ha, ha, ha . I knew this. Probably a case of familiarity breeds contempt...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Well seems like this one is off, no word from our host yet.
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2007, 21:41   #47

Hey Guys so what has finally been decided for the meet?Ny prerequisites as i'm new to Team BHP.I'd love to join in if work permits.What really happens on the meet besides meat n drinking and any inputs from the members.
BORNPILOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2007, 22:34   #48
BHPian

Only if you turn up Ontime..You get Late----You are entitled to witness High Performance Mods running on Fuel/Blenders P etc etc etc- No Free Flow though !
wolfinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2007, 10:37   #49
Senior - BHPian

BUMP, BUMP!

Wakey-wakey guys, mods, please change the title to 4th August & add a few question marks.

In any case, from what I see, Sam's meet thread seems to have generated more interest - that's good in a way and in a way that's sad. Its a disgrace to us NCR-ites if we cannot get a meet together except when we have a guest from out of town.

How come I don't see the same enthusiasm for planning our own meets guys? Is it time to close down the Delhi chapter
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2007, 11:10   #50
Senior - BHPian

Suman - I personally haven't posted here since there has been no word from our host. As soon as I have some information from his side, will re-start the thread once again.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2007, 11:35   #51
Senior - BHPian

Ishan, that's not the point I'm making. I'm saying, the kind of enthusiasm that greeted Sam's suggestion (and mind you, there's nothing wrong with that!) is completely missing whenever one of our own meets are being discussed.

Its almost as if the organizing etc etc that used to be done with such enthusiasm earlier has JUST FALLEN BY THE ROADSIDE. I'm saying that why is it we can't get similar things going for our meets as we can do for Sam (in terms of suggestions about places, prices etc)? The "funda" should be the same shouldn't it?

I think you've got the drift by now ?
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2007, 11:49   #52
Senior - BHPian

familiarity breeds contempt...!
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2007, 13:59   #53
Senior - BHPian

Well,thats true"Familiarity breeds contempt"

but that might not be the case here if i'm right(at least for newbies like me)

for this meet unfortunately no time/venue cud be finalised,only the discussions were there.

so lets hope we have a finalised Venue and we try to publish it here as soon as possible so that people can plan and attend the same.

Can someone please change the date from 28th July to 4th Aug?

There is one more thing worth seeing :-

having 2 meets in a week's time is gud for those who cant attend one due to some circumstances.at least they can plan for the other one and catch up with fellow Bhpians.
simply_sunny001 is offline   Reply With Quote