Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 15th October 2004, 22:29   #31
BHPian

I just cant wait to see it. I just hope that it is as good as everyone claims it to be.
Anyway GOOD WORK REHAAN.Hope u introduce many more such videos.
Sid Schumacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2004, 13:18   #32
Senior - BHPian

Hi Rehaan
Thanks alot for the information.

My video quality is good after captured from camcorder.

The quality drops in the final rendered output (MPG in Ulead and AVI in Adobe). I use the default settings for PAL video and play these VCDs on the VCD players.

In Ulead Video studio I see some frames are being dropped when the movie is rendered to mpeg. Whereas in Adobe Premiere I don't see frames skipping but I *see horizontal stripes (alternating fields of the frame) in the final output(AVI file) when there is fast action in the movie. Stationary objects look ok.

Do you know a solution for this? Also can you send me some links you have for Digital video editing.

My equiptment is Panasonic DV-203 camcorder. I capture footage in to my PC through firewire card. The files are captured in to my external 80 GB HDD again through firewire as my internal HDD is only 40 GB. I intend to use more Adobe Premiere than Ulead for editing and burn VCDs using Nero.

satish_appasani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2004, 14:23   #33
Team-BHP Support

Hi Satish,

As i have said, the fact that its VCD is a bit of a bummer in terms of resolution (percieved as quality when enlarged)...however it seems like u may have some quality issues as well....let see what we can do abt that.

Firstly, why dont you play around with the S-VCD format as opposed to the VCD 2.0 that you must be using.
SVCD has higher resolution than VCD (480x576 for PAL and 480x480 for NTSC)..almost twice as high as VCD. It can hold about 35-45mins of vid on high quality.
Google about making an SVCD and im sure you wil find a lot of info...

Secondly, before u convert/create the file to burn to cd, goto the options and see the bitrates and quality settings that u are using...and set them higher to your liking. Its also possible that in Ulead there is an option for *new project* that has the VCD standard...and in different levels of preset quality. Check it out.

Let me know how it goes.... ive never used // burned a SVCD...and not even consciously seen one... so am interested to know.

oh..also..when you grab video from your DVcam, what res dyu save it as?

cheers
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2004, 20:07   #34
SLK
Senior - BHPian

One thing,
if you plan to play on a VCD player & TV then you can't do much about it. As most VCD players don't support SVCD.
if you play on computer only, then never use it in standard PAL mode. Avoid resizing the video from its original size (that hits the quality). and compress in DivX or wmv.

I don't burn VCDs.. but once I did convert a DVD quality print into VCD using Nero Vision Express 2. That was crystal clear on the TV.

I tried Ulead 8... works fine... i did record a movie from my TV Tuner and edited.. and saved it as DivX (video) and wmv (audio).... strange combination but worked Perfect.

Thanks Rehaan for the Ulead... this thing works for me.
SLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2004, 22:04   #35
BANNED

the video is gud but the speedometer has not been shown and gto i think ihave seen ur car at vashi near smokin joes. do u cum ther often?
fasbond1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2004, 11:45   #36
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] gto i think ihave seen ur car at vashi near smokin joes. do u cum ther often?
My father has been coming there of late for some business work.

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2004, 15:36   #37
BANNED

Hey GTO,
yah i didnot c any1 in the car i juss saw ur car and that VTEC of urs rocks how can i miss that on the road?
Old 16th November 2004, 00:41   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ] don't burn VCDs.. but once I did convert a DVD quality print into VCD using Nero Vision Express 2. That was crystal clear on the TV.
how?? step by step please !!

i have the same problem..capture footage my my sony handycam onto the hard disk..its saved as mpeg. resolution is highest...still i cant get clear picture on the vcd player when i convert to vcd format using either pixella or nero.

can i use xvid for this purpose and will using xvid give me better quality on vcd format ?

cheers
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2004, 01:15   #39
SLK
Senior - BHPian

I can't really say why the quality won't be good!
yesterday a friend of mine did the same using nero (I used Nero vision express 2) to spiderman 2 DVD. it was again very clear on the TV.

but xvid won't work on VCD player.
If you wish to keep it on the computer only then Xvid is good.. even DivX is good. (you can use Dr. DivX)

or.. you can try buying a video card with TV out... so that you play on the computer and see it on the TV!.. I like it this way!.. lol

BTW.. what are the specifications of the original mpeg file.
resolution
video/audio bit rate
and mpeg 1 or 2?
SLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2004, 04:34   #40
BANNED

but the video could have been better..
Old 15th January 2005, 22:53   #41

its good to c the video, but u guys could have included more kind a acceleration or hb turns and stuffs..
anyway its fun..... why dont u all come up with another one?
tHe uNknOwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2005, 00:23   #42
Senior - BHPian

why dusnt ne1 post street racing videos ..am sure there a lotta u guys racing crazy wid frends at nite or something ... burnouts , doughnuts slides cutting thru traffic ...we all do it ..they r gr8 to watch ...

cheers

Last edited by turbo_lover : 16th January 2005 at 00:25.
turbo_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2005, 15:55   #43
BANNED

Cool hola

great video guys i've watched it so many times now
vance0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2005, 18:32   #44
Senior - BHPian

Too slow to download. :(
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2005, 22:53   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
Too slow to download. :(
You could get a CD from some1 who has it. (Mods etc)

R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote