Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 1st October 2007, 11:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
a very badly organised meet and I should be blamed for it though not fully .
no issues bhai mere!

Quote:
Firstly @Planet - there was no need for you to tell Amittrajit that there was going to be a drag or street racing that night. I do tell him when required and as you know tbhp does not support street racing.
i thought you guys were great friends - so thought of letting him know about it. thats it. yes, TBHP doesnt support street racing.

Quote:
about my organising capabilities. from next time organising should be left to the people who can e.g Planet. Anyway, saw some spirited driving from Amittrajit burning some rubber in the night, but sorry no videos :-(
thats why! i thought all of you guys were there to burn some rubber a.k.a. FUN (but not necessarily street racing). but video "nahi liya" - :(

even i am not good at organizing meets - an example -> the september meet which is eating up my head - because i *****d up while making the bookings and i really hate when i do that.
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 11:15   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
i thought you guys were great friends - so thought of letting him know about it.
ha ha, was just pulling your legs.. gotcha .
BlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 11:25   #18
BHPian

Quote:
even i am not good at organizing meets - an example -> the september meet which is eating up my head - because i *****d up while making the bookings and i really hate when i do that.
Load lene ka nahin, sirf dene ka Planet bhai...

Eto chaap nishna... we'll definitely make the S'niketan meet happen.
Wimwian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 14:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Right .. load lene ka nahi. The rest of us put together would probably not be able to bind the group together, the way you do !
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2007, 14:36   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Right .. load lene ka nahi. The rest of us put together would probably not be able to bind the group together, the way you do !
thanks guys! that means a lot
Old 1st October 2007, 23:46   #21
Senior - BHPian

Its never going to work out in the current scenario.
Lot of these meets will go futile. The very essense of a meet of Team-bhp individuals is to satiate a part of the automotive love life. For the other ones, I guess all of us have other circles. Then a car meet will have car talk, but soon talk will be over and one has to walk the talk! How? Where? We have not figured that out.

People sitting in their own cars and driving around town. Thats so much for interaction. Then there is the difference in the rides and the difference in the amount of risk each individuals judgement is going to allow, then ofcourse the random factors which will differentially affect a few individuals and leave some largely unaffected. Thus, organisation is going to require far more than co-ordinating the time and agenda. We need a playground. Then, we need comparable equipment and enough lead time to familiarize with those equipments.Probably then, we can actually judge abilities. And I am talking gibberish (but I never mentioned "street").
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2007, 01:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
We need a playground.
i think that will be here in Kolkata (not exactly - but not that far away either) very soon

i got your point - but this drive needs to happen - i have been waiting for this for a long time - i just cant leave it like that.
Old 2nd October 2007, 01:05   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i got your point - but this drive needs to happen - i have been waiting for this for a long time - i just cant leave it like that.
Which drive are you talking about?
Old 2nd October 2007, 18:14   #24

lol....I was glad to meet ya'all though - realized that the endcan in my car doesn't really get the top speed any higher, just increases the mid-range pick-up -THAT'S ALL !!! Good to meet ya'll
ace959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2007, 21:58   #25
Senior - BHPian

@ace959: was good meeting you too.
But, not too sure about the end-can increasing mid-range pickup. How does this happen?
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2007, 22:54   #26
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/582346-post13.html

Exactly the reason why we should refrain from using Drag, Race etc.
Old 2nd October 2007, 23:26   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/582346-post13.html

Exactly the reason why we should refrain from using Drag, Race etc.
Wish we had a track to go to nearby. Anyone know of one?
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2007, 23:40   #28
Senior - BHPian

one track is coming soon at haldia - See ORKUT - i am sure that you guys will have fun testing your cars - but it will be for the rally cars - no more informations as of now. keep yourself updated through the link
Old 2nd October 2007, 23:52   #29
Senior - BHPian

If its a dirt track its all the more better. However have to check if there is a possibility of rally group outsiders using this track maybe after paying some entry fees. Driving is like any other game one plays. One needs practicing to identify the limits. So one time participation will not do any good. It needs to happen frequently before the true potential of an individual may come to the fore.
Old 8th October 2007, 14:52   #30

hahaha, yeah well, that's what I was told...I'm not that literate to understand the theory bit of it, but I did feel the increase in the pickup between 2000 - 6000 rpm....but i don't think top end speed has gone up much
ace959 is offline   Reply With Quote