Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 25th January 2008, 17:42   #76
BHPian

well... thanks rippergeo for the "master plan"!!

jk/zak/others please call me when you guys reach somewhere close to BTH Sarovaram! I will join you in less than 10 min.

Those who want my contact numbers please PM me!

cheers!
nikkibike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2008, 19:41   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinome View Post
peekabooo xD
im out as usual
Pity. There wouldnt be any last minute phone calls to Hydra to talk about, then!
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2008, 21:42   #78
BHPian

funny, i will make it next time you guys are too old for me xD
cant break dance like me!
xinome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2008, 23:27   #79
BHPian

Atlast, am in. Getting prepared for tomorrow, the big day !!! See you all tomorrow mates!!!
cheers!!cheers:
wischvuanaudh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2008, 17:18   #80
Senior - BHPian

Hi folks,

The following people met between 12 and 2.30PM at Hotel Sarovaram, Cochin byepass for lunch. Between the names and ids, please forgive me if I have missed somebody or duplicated somebody.

> DeepakHon, wife and kid
> Jkdas & wife
> Rippergeo
> Govigov
> Nikkibike
> HydrashoCk
> Mansidea (alone???)
> ram_hyundai
> trrk
> ashvin
> wischvuanaudh
> vishnu
> biju

I doubt the following turned out for the meet.

> Aha!
> Irfanmon
> Wierd bearded sinner

Further plans were being made as I had to return back to Alleppey at 2.30pm.

This is just a quick report.

Thank you guys for attending the meet. It was the first meet for me, Deepak and wischvuanaudh.

I seemed the odd one among all the youngsters and kids.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2008, 17:22   #81
BHPian

back from the meet

well I dint stay for the quick drive the guys were taking because i had work to do but i'm sure everyone had a nice time at Island .. lunch was nice .. sat at the coffee shop and chatted for a while and then moved on to the parking lot where we stood under the protective shade of some trees and talked more about all sorts of things .. lots of pics were taken and will materialize online soon enough i am sure .. anyways .. i have to get back to "work" .. shall hope to have many more elaborate events in teh near future .. see you all later .. take care ..
A S H V I N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2008, 20:36   #82
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi folks,

The following people met between 12 and 2.30PM at Hotel Sarovaram, Cochin byepass for lunch. Between the names and ids, please forgive me if I have missed somebody or duplicated somebody.

> DeepakHon, wife and kid
> Jkdas & wife
> Rippergeo
> Govigov
> Nikkibike
> HydrashoCk
> Mansidea (alone???)
> ram_hyundai
> trrk
> ashvin
> wischvuanaudh
> vishnu
> biju

> Aha!
> Irfanmon
> Wierd bearded sinner

Further plans were being made as I had to return back to Alleppey at 2.30pm.

This is just a quick report.

Thank you guys for attending the meet. It was the first meet for me, Deepak and wischvuanaudh.

thanks trrk, for the list, I was struggling to recollect the names.
mansidea, nikki, ram hyundai,govigov,wischvuanaudh,and myself left for willingdon island, govigov and mansidea stopped in between our little high speed run to water their horses.

parked in formation in front of the SBI bank near the port office and scared the poor guard.

then got shooed away from the gate of the port CEO by another gun toting guard(who was not very polite), but we didn't want to take any chances.

we sat down for at the waterfront for an extensive discussion on automobiles, teambhp and everything else that matters.

ram Hyundai's well connected cellphone was ringing off the hook(I know it doesn't apply to cellphones, but you come up with a better one), but he still
managed to get in more than his fair share of wisdom.

special mention about wischy's ring tone. it's extremely annoying but very effective. I think he deserves an infraction just for his ring tone.

my brother joined us in the verna and we left for a tea at the BTH in island. that place was closed so we set off for the KR bakers at thevara.

nikki was driving in front, drifting round corners, and i could see ram's red verna in my RVMs flying 2 inches above the tarmac.

we stopped in formation again at KR bakers, am sure it was an impressive sight. everyone in the shop and on the road were gaping at the convoy.

we finished by 6pm after teas, pepsis and chicken rolls- which poor ram hyundai financed.

can we have another meet next week? This is getting to be fun.

yes yes, the pics are coming. not many,
just the N73 ones
waterfront at willingdon on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
after the gun toting gaurd shooed us away on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

have 2 or 3 in the canon. will post soon.
no brickbats please.

I must say,cochin is a diesel stronghold. govigov was the only petrol sipper there. everyone else was on commonrail power.

the other petrol heads- zen, ohc vtec, palio 1.2,nhc all ran away. booo.
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2008, 20:47   #83
BANNED

Quote:

> Wierd bearded sinner
He was made to wake up at 4am for his sins and later on the day, he was also made to sit and wait outside a labour room waiting for mwah... mwah... mwah...!
And the worst thing is that my wife wasn't the one who delivered. (Oh god! What did I just say?)
Quote:
I see! You needed a grown up man like me there, right? Next time! Sure, Next time!
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2008, 21:59   #84
BHPian

Default 2008's first meet rocked!!!!

A very refreshing meet!!! 2008 first kochi meet rocked with 15 members!!!

Many thanks to Deepakhon and family for joining us! It was nice meeting you dude!

Mans/jk/ripper/ram... where are the snaps??!!!! Am sure there are lots of exciting snaps waiting to get loaded!!!! Do that fast guys!!!

It was really nice meeting you all again esp the first timers ram/vichu/vishu/deepak/trrk/rippergeo/govigov!!!! Hope you all enjoyed with the old tbhp guys! Awaiting to meet you all again for all the 'meets' in the future!!

cheers!
nikkibike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2008, 22:04   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
he was also made to sit and wait outside a labour room waiting for mwah... mwah... mwah...!
And the worst thing is that my wife wasn't the one who delivered. (Oh god! What did I just say?)
You've only mentioned that it wasnt your wife that delivered. The rest of is upto speculation, huh? Insert *Evil Laugh* here.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2008, 22:37   #86
Senior - BHPian

It was nice meeting all you folks. Both the regulars and the "first-time-meet"ers.

Deepakhon, it was especially nice meeting you and your family, buddy! Thanks for making the biggest TBHP meet in Kochi (so far) possible. Please do come to Kochi again.

JK's first post-marriage meet? Poor Mrs. JK would have been bored to death if not for Mrs. Deepakhon. JK's Santro has one sweet CAI & Header setup. You are giving me bad ideas, dude!

Nikki, Mansidea, Ripper & Ram, good meeting you guys again! Ram, 3 cheers to you for having driven down from TVM for the meet.

A S H V I N's Zen has a really sweet-sounding exhaust. And one badass GT4-15 in the boot.

VishnuVijay turned up in his recently acquired beautiful OHC VTEC with great-looking rims and tyres. Too bad we didn't have any real hardcore engine-vengine types with us. He's already lusting for an engine-management module. He was in a really mellow and "brain-washable" state today. I did my honest bit to get him to further ICE his OHC-VTEC

trrk-ji you walked the walk and talked the talk. You definitely were not the odd one out. It was great meeting you (though I wasn't able to talk with you much), and I look forward to enjoying your company in more meets.

Govigov, we didn't get to talk much, sorry about that. I will definitely catch-up with you during the next meet.

vichu, great meeting you. We need more young blood like you!

Zakko, you should have been there. Missed you (your MIVEC, actually).

AHA!, you should have come too.

Irfanmon, long time no see. Today also, no see

Xinome, you are the guy I really missed! You should have come too.

I
was the odd one out, having turned up with an unwashed car with 3 weeks of dust on it. I wished I could have disappeared when you guys saw my car.

I'm sorry that I had to run, and miss out on the Stage-2 activities. I wish I could have stayed with you guys for the rest of the day.

I have one snap, of our guest Deepakhon leaving for Coimby:

Last edited by hydrashok : 26th January 2008 at 22:40.
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2008, 22:57   #87

here's one in front of the BTH at island.
cars lineup on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Old 27th January 2008, 00:16   #88
BANNED

Can somebody please post the pics onto this thread itself? That'll make it viewable for people who are forced to do without the REAL thingy. Yes after a while, hands start aching. :

Huh! Bad minds. I'm talking of mobile internet browsing like Opera mini.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2008, 00:29   #89
BHPian

JK, thanks for taking the initiative to organise such a nice meet this time (hope you are not sleeping in the kennel for making your wife bored).
I am sure deepakhon & family had a good time in kerala.
trrk & all other first timers, hope you all enjoyed your first meet & will join us for the coming ones too.

It was a nice post meet drive & the sad part is actually we didnt click much this time.

JK: looking forward for the next one in kovai.
mansidea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2008, 10:35   #90

like mansidea said, there are'nt many pics. we just concentrated on having a good time. its nice to talk to friends about common interests. its difficult to put that into a jpeg image, atleast for me,so I didnt take pains to achieve that impossible target.

for the whining members on this forum(eg- wierd bearded sinner) the thumbnails are above.

all members who had turned up for the meet, please PM me your numbers so that i can forward them in a list form to the others.

send me the numbers of people who didnt turn up too, if you have any. next time we can inform everyone by SMS. I have a feeling most people didnt even know there was a meet being organised.

PS how do I post big pics like hydra did above? if i follow the instructions on BHP, I get just thumbnails.

Last edited by rippergeo : 27th January 2008 at 10:38.