Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 27th January 2008, 11:05   #91
BANNED

@Rippergeo, you have to copy the direct link code from Imageshack/photobucket instead of thumbnail code.

Next one coming soon, I guess.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2008, 11:49   #92
BHPian

woooww. wooooww.... wooowiie...!! Just awesome. Jan 26'th Team-bhp meet was nothin less i should say!! Bhpians from different walks of life united together just to share their common interest about automobiles.One hell of an event!!
As my dad came for vacations, i dint have a car and Ram hyundai asked me to wait in front of Hercules automobiles(where he works) so that i can take a ride with him to the meet. I reached there, parked my bike at his office garage and came out.I looked at the road and something stiked my attention from the far end of the road.It was a red Verna..nearing me at a steady fast pace!! Gosh!!It was very well distinguishable from the rest of the lot!!It stopped in front of me,,Ram came out wearing a t-shirt having the same color of his car. I've heard that 'a car picks up its driver'...but never seen a driver picking up a t-shirt matching his car.!!
As we've met before, an intro was excused.We both started from there..Some distance away, trrk was waitin for us in his Honda City automatic. Then we 3 on 2 cars started from there.Traffic was kind of ok. Neways, we reached BTH Sarovaram by 11.45. When we reached there, it was some punjabi or gujrati weddin thinggy happening there. Was no boring though..(cus of some eye candies for me...Hehe..).
We were the first to reach the place.By 12, the much awaited JK Das and his wife showed up in his santro.Met up wid them..And within 5 minutes, there came ASWIN in his zen with an insane and spell bounding sound..I should better call it a 'roar'.Awesome baseline..Quite a treat for your ears.!! Then came Nikkibike in his swift.After sometime, the central bolt of the event came in..Deepakhon and his family in a purple palio.Before much of an await, Govigov and Biju joined us.
As it was already 12,we decided to move in to the hotel as the hotel manager told us that they wud give out our tables to someone else if we dint show up in time. As we all got settled in,there came in Vishnu.At that moment, i was like guessing up his ride..hehe.. By then, because of some urgency,Biju had to leave...after only having a pappadam.!!
As Mansidea and Hydrashock informed us that they'll be late, we started with out lunch.We almost finished up with lunch and there came in Mansidea and Hydrashock.I was surprised to see Mansidea without his beard.woww!!After everybody finishing up their sumptious meals..by the compulsion of the manager,we all headed towards the coffee shop because the place was filled with Bhpians..hehe
wischvuanaudh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2008, 16:30   #93
BHPian

We then moved to the parking lot after sometime to check out the rides. First moved on with hydra's palio which sports some serious accoustics. Then from there to see vishnu's newly acquired OHC V-tec. Man!! One awesome ride, visually brand new with some jaw dropping alloys.By then, jkdas, trrk and deepakhon had to leave. We stood there again under some shades havin chats. Then left vishnu along wid Aswin.We then left to willingdon island forming a convoy at some pretty decent speeds.On the way,govigov and ripper stopped for fuel and we went moved on.I was with Ram and we could see nikkibike infront of us drifting through each turns.Ram got inspired by this and went along to give his fair share of pie. We reached island. Parked in front of SBT and walked towards the waterfront. There too mother nature provided us with some shades after being shooed away by the security guard for sittin in front of CEO's residence. After some long long talks, ripper's bro joined us in his verna. All this time, we were made to laugh our hearts out by nikkibike's sudden outburst of jokes and views...and believe me, in got stock of it in abundance.Hehe..Then we took some photos and left from there headed towards the BTH in the island. Sadly, that place was closed..But provided a chance to take some snaps of our convoy. We then went to KR bakes. People at the road and bakery was astonished to c this convoy of cars gettin parked in front. That was a wonderful scene. We had coffee, pepsis, snacks and all as funded by ram.Hehe. After that, we decided to part and leave.Every1 said bye and moved off to their respective directions.
As i was wid Ram, we were testing out some crazy speeds and did manage to a snap at around 140. We then reached aleppey and he dropped me at the place wer he got me.Thanks Ram.I took my bike and reached home thinking of the wonderfue i had.
This the first meet i ever participated in and the most wonderful 1. Thanks team-bhp and bhpians.
Vichu.
wischvuanaudh is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 27th January 2008, 16:50   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wischvuanaudh View Post
Then from there to see vishnu's newly acquired OHC V-tec. Man!! One awesome ride, visually brand new with some jaw dropping alloys.
PICS, please. Lets see this mean ride.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2008, 23:03   #95
BHPian

heloooo everyone. this was my first tbhp meet. i did not join for the lunch since i had already made other plans. this happened because i came to know about this meet only when jk called me up at around 11:45 am 26 jan. hehehehe, i was at the changing room of kalyan's ( a textile shop ), trying out a pair of jeans when he called me up. i reached there by 1:00 pm.

somehow i missed out on reading this thread about the meet. i had not checked my private messages for the past few days. later during the meet, ramhyundai said even he hadn't seen the thread. i had to leave early too. so missed out on the wellingdon island ride and later the pitstop at k r bakes, thevara.

i really wanted to see wbs speedzak's mivec but was disappointed. 'show me the mivec.'

hehehehe, yeah, hydra said my ice setup sounded pretty decent ( lol, just imagine, my whole ice setup is worth less than hydra's head unit alone. i don't know whether he meant it ). he advised me to go for a subwoofer and a 2 channel amplifier.

and nikkiebike was a very funny guy who cracked jokes, with full support from mansidea.

there was ashwin's zen. we all loved the sound of that car. neat and clean with a perfect eq setting. hehe. i remmember him saying 'carb rules'.

i have no words for describing hydra's hatch other than awesome. and yeah, the car hadn't had a shower in months it seems. at first, me and vishwanath sat at the back with jk and hydra at the front. hydra asked us to come to the front seats to experience the real show. it was awesome. hydra showed us where his tyres had got scrapped under full load.

i never expected a guy like rajesh at the meet. it was great to know that we have such senior members in here. maybe in the next meet we will have few more people like rajesh so that he doesn't have to feel 'odd man out'. nice meeting you rajesh.

jk showed us his new cai just before he was about to leave. it sounded really good and he said that he can feel the performance difference.

thanks for the comments hydra and vishwanath.

hi steeroid, i don't know if anyone has clicked the pics of my car at the meet. forget the car, i wonder if anybody has clicked my pics. hehehehe.
vishnuvijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2008, 23:42   #96
BHPian

Vishnu.. I have the pictures of you, your car, car's alloys.. Wat not.. You mention it.Hehe.. Will post it soon, steroid.
Old 28th January 2008, 00:02   #97
BHPian

And guys, please consider something about the team-bhp stickers for our cars. Today morning also, my car asked for it..Can't make him wait for long people..Hehe..
Old 28th January 2008, 08:52   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

I am back @ my office. Chertalla isnt that far when you drive from there by 5am.

Will post pix by eve.

I guess I should thank my wife for sahikalling tbhp enough I am not sure if Mr.Team-Bhp will survive if she happens to meet him! Actually even Deepak's wife too had the same opinion.

Thanks to all who came for the meet.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 12:57   #99
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Thanks for the kind words.

It was indeed a change to be at the meet. I have a bad memory associating faces and names (in this case the ids too) and so I hope I can identify you all the next time I see you.

Post 1994 (when my daughter was born), I have gone for trips without my family only twice - one for business and another to Belgaum to attend the twenty fifth year reunion of our MBBS batch. All other travels are restricted to the same day and reach home.

My days are usually divided between home and shop and hardly have any other social activities.

The meet indeed was a positive change and hope to meet you all whenever possible in future.

After shifting to a petrol (and an automatic) car after more than 10 years, mileage is a hot topic for me and the tbhp meet trip was made with 14.14 kpl for 108kms.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 13:02   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Thanks for the kind words.

It was indeed a change to be at the meet. I have a bad memory associating faces and names (in this case the ids too) and so I hope I can identify you all the next time I see you.

Post 1994 (when my daughter was born), I have gone for trips without my family only twice - one for business and another to Belgaum to attend the twenty fifth year reunion of our MBBS batch. All other travels are restricted to the same day and reach home.

My days are usually divided between home and shop and hardly have any other social activities.

The meet indeed was a positive change and hope to meet you all whenever possible in future.

After shifting to a petrol (and an automatic) car after more than 10 years, mileage is a hot topic for me and the tbhp meet trip was made with 14.14 kpl for 108kms.
Sir

Good to see some seniors join the group. This group that you met (+ 1 mad mallu mullah and me) have had some very good outings in the past, and we look forward to meeting you soon in some of our future outings.

Just make sure you stay FAAR away from Nikkibike in whatever vehicle he drives.
Old 28th January 2008, 13:09   #101
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

> Sir

This is the last time I want to see the above if you want me in more meets. It has to be either trrk or Rajesh.

> we look forward to meeting you soon in some of our future outings.

Provided I get the necessary permissions from the home ministry. This time they were busy attending the school anniversary and never realised that I am off somewhere.

> Just make sure you stay FAAR away from Nikkibike in whatever vehicle he
> drives.

I did try to keep with Ram on that day on the way to the meet. I normally do not cross 70kph inside Kerala.
Old 28th January 2008, 13:20   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is the last time I want to see the above if you want me in more meets. It has to be either trrk or Rajesh.
trrk it will be, though I must admit Rajesh is easier on the ears.

Quote:
Provided I get the necessary permissions from the home ministry. This time they were busy attending the school anniversary and never realised that I am off somewhere.
Bring the home ministry along. We usually travel with the full complement of ministers - see our famous "wedding photo" from the last meet here:

Also check out the report - it was a terrific meet, complete with kids and babies too.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28253 (A weekend drive in Kerala. EDIT: Now accomplished! (Reports & pics from post #60))
Old 28th January 2008, 14:04   #103
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

> trrk it will be, though I must admit Rajesh is easier on the ears.

Thanks.

> Bring the home ministry along.

I usually don't get permissions for overnight journeys. If they have to come along, I would hardly attend any more meets!

They hate travel other than for our annual pilgrimage and an occasional visit to Erode where my sister stays.
Old 28th January 2008, 15:18   #104
Senior - BHPian

Hello everyone,

As everyone who attended the meet has suggested, this was a great meet. This was my first meet and what a meet this one was! I had never met any team-bhpian except for my colleague hondadude.

Myself, my wife Sneha and my daughter Smriti came back after a superb trip to the God's own country. We did Munnar, Thekkady, Alleppey and were at Cochin on 25th. We initially had planned to extend our stay at Cochin on 26th for the meet. Then we decided to do Cochin-Bangalore trip in two days after a day's break at Coimbatore instead. Immediately after that idea came up, all I had to do was to call jkdas. He informed speedzak and quicksilver at Coimbatore arranged for a hotel for me. Thanks to all of them for such a speedy response, especially to Sriram.

We checked out of our hotel on 26th and we just headed towards Sarovaram. Trust me for missing directions. I seem to have an awesome talent for that. I somehow ended up on the right road after a lot of turns and then as usual, I did not spot the hotel on the opposite side. But thankfully, near the nearest place where I could take a U, I parked my car and called jkdas. He and Dr. Rajesh were waiting for my arrival outside the hotel. They could spot my car and they guided me to the place of meet.

It was great to meet so many car enthusiasts at one place. The place was awesome, food was great and the talks that followed the food at the coffee shop were good too. Coming to think of it, just a week back, I was not sure whether I would be able to make it to the vacation or the meet. As I had put up in another thread, my car had an accident just a week back. But, all ended well and I was able to make it to the trip and the meet.

It indeed was great to see enthusiasts like Dr. Rajesh and Ram driving from so far just to attend the meet. I knew Dr. Rajesh from my palio users group and it was good to see him there. I could instantly recognize Ram and jkdas because of their photos in their avatar. It finally was great to actually map the faces to the names.

Our discussions centered around traffic conditions in our respective cities to weather in Munnar to team-bhp stickers. We later went into the parking lot to check out hydrashok's ICE. That was one awesome sounding ICE. I am no audiophile, but it sounded really great to me.

By that time, little Smriti was tired of playing around and started acting up. It was time for me to leave to Coimbatore.

One thing is for sure. I was pretty lazy in attending any meets and this is just what I needed to kick-start my enthusiasm. I loved each and every moment of the meet and I am looking forward to meeting everyone wherever possible.

I could not stay on to meet Louis. I am sorry for that. I wish speedzak could attend the meet. I wish steeroid was in Kerala at that time.

I will start a separate thread for my whole trip, complete with photos. I will also post the photos of the meet in this thread later.

Last but not the least, I wish to thank everyone for going vegetarian that day, just because of me and my family.

Cheers,
deepakhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2008, 15:43   #105
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Hello everyone,

As everyone who attended the meet has suggested, this was a great meet. This was my first meet and what a meet this one was! I had never met any team-bhpian except for my colleague hondadude.

We checked out of our hotel on 26th and we just headed towards Sarovaram. Trust me for missing directions. I seem to have an awesome talent for that. I somehow ended up on the right road after a lot of turns and then as usual, I did not spot the hotel on the opposite side.

Never mind,I drive by sarovaram everyday, but i still missed it when i went to book the place for the meet.

It finally was great to actually map the faces to the names.
thats one of the bonuses of a meet

I could not stay on to meet Louis. I am sorry for that.
Dude dont be sorry, its the thought that counts

I will start a separate thread for my whole trip, complete with photos. I will also post the photos of the meet in this thread later.
oh good! that means, i dont have to take flak for being miserly with my CF card

Last but not the least, I wish to thank everyone for going vegetarian that day, just because of me and my family.
yeah, you owe me pal,I'm a sworn non vegetarian

Cheers,
just kidding deepak, I had lunch at thodupuzha, christian function, i had all the varieties of meat i could wish for.
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote