Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 7th April 2008, 14:59   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A S H V I N View Post
nice nice .. good going mansidea .. keep those pictures coming!
Thanks Ashvin. but it will be completely an off topic discussion here. It was truly an eventful trip including a very late night drive. Planning to start a seperate thread in travelogue section - if time permits.
Old 7th April 2008, 15:04   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike View Post
Did I saw a Vtec in your 'team'??!!! Pull him into tbhp man!!!!
Yes you did nikki.
Old 7th April 2008, 20:05   #228
BANNED

It's right that Mansidea writes a separate thread in travelogues section as Ripper did.

BTW, Where's the action report of the F1 meet?
Old 7th April 2008, 20:42   #229
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Its best we didnt meet manoj, otherwise, I'd still be in the doghouse.
The drive I put in travelogues was one that happened after I told wifey I'll be back in 15 minutes.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ing-roads.html I came back 4 hrs later

but i wouldnt have done that drive unless I'd seen in your posts in this thread,that you'd be in kulamavu.
I was ripping away(doing 100-120) on SH33 past moolamattom, when I saw the sign board to kulamavu. in true TBHP spirit, I did a quick(but safe) u turn and went up that road to explore! best decision i ever made with regards to route.

I reached kulamavu dam, then backtracked, saw a dirt road leading up the hill which said greenberg resorts. i broke a promise I'd made to myself not to offroad with the swift(again) and went up that dirt road.it was a decent dirt trail, no real off roading, so that was fine. the spirit of my self made promise stays unbroken.

and who do I see parked there?
White scorpio with scary tyres and apple sticker on the rear quarter glass.
left a message with some random guys. didnt want to gatecrash.

but like I said, glad I did(refer to beginning of this post)
Old 11th April 2008, 23:01   #230
BANNED

Thumbs up Here is a report of MEET KUTTAPPAN!

Yessss! We met KUTTAPPAN!!

Around 5:20pm today, I got a PM from our very own mallu Bangalorean cum BHPian; Kuttappan. He said he is near Cochin and would like to meet up with some fellow BHPians if possible.
WHAT A QUESTION????

Phata Phut! Sms, phone calls and PMs!
Most of the lucky regulars were ready and a few new faces too. We decided to meet up at BayPride mall as it was easy for all to identify and reach. It was a bit of a time we held a meet there.

Nikkibike and A S H V I N came to my house to pick me up. Yes, I am still in a condition of not able to drive. I sat in the back seat of the infamous 41-42-43! As we drove into the heart of town, we realised it would've been better to hold this meet somewhere out of the town as it was too much of traffic and chaos happening for some reason. Anyway, we reached exactly half an hour later than what we promised Kuttappan.

It didn't take much time to introduce and find out each other. 2 other BHPians, JayD and SYJ was also present for this meet. It was their first meet. They also found us and we were all checking out SYJ's OHC. A very nicely maintained car and nicely kitted up!
Same with Kuttappan's Swift VDI. Very much stock and nice looking. This car was quite special to me as I had read the whole thread about it. It was a pleasure to see it in real.

Soon, we all pulled ourselves upstairs out from the parking and we got to meet Hydrashok (Yes, the Ashok from Hyderabad who is getting married at TamilNadu) waiting for us there. We also met up with Jake and Kphilip.

We moved to the waterfront table at Barista.

April 2008 Cochin - 4 days of meets and 1 great drive!-dscn5330.jpg
JayD is busy on his phone!

April 2008 Cochin - 4 days of meets and 1 great drive!-dscn5331.jpg
My latest companion!

April 2008 Cochin - 4 days of meets and 1 great drive!-dscn5332.jpg
NikkiBike inspects it!

April 2008 Cochin - 4 days of meets and 1 great drive!-dscn5333.jpg
Cheeeeese! Everybaaaaadeeee! Kuttappan is on the extreme right!

April 2008 Cochin - 4 days of meets and 1 great drive!-dscn5338.jpg
A small chat to decide where we should hold the bachelors' party!

April 2008 Cochin - 4 days of meets and 1 great drive!-dscn5336.jpg
ICE demo time! JayD and Kuttappan is inside while we laugh outside!

April 2008 Cochin - 4 days of meets and 1 great drive!-dscn5335.jpg
Don't I look good with this???

April 2008 Cochin - 4 days of meets and 1 great drive!-dscn5339.jpg
Time to leave!

The Lucky ones who attended:
  1. Kuttappan. (Our chief guest and happened to be our host too. Thanks for the treat dude!)
  2. JayD. (He used to bunk all the meets until today. But it was fun meeting you dude!)
  3. SYJ. (We didn't get to speak with him a lot because he bumped into some relatives there and off.... he was gone!)
  4. NikkiBike. (You guys know him well! He was supposed to give us the pending treat from his birthday, but he bunked!)
  5. Hydrashok. (The hooked up ICE guru)
  6. Kphilip (The male counterpart of our very own lovely BHPian couple)
  7. Jake (The female counterpart of our very own lovely BHPian couple)
  8. Aha! (The only BHPian who doesn't post but attends all the meets)
  9. A S H V I N (The current hot head of Team-BHP)
  10. MansIdea (The man with IDEA under his control)
  11. SpeedZak (The one and only wierd beard, FiAt basher and handicapped MalluMullah)
Wow!!
It was just great. A quick, short and small one. But lots of fun and relaxing one too.
I was a bit on the downer side due to my left leg hoopla and this one really cheered me up.

Thanks to all those who came.

Last edited by speedzak : 11th April 2008 at 23:03.
Old 11th April 2008, 23:16   #231
Awaiting Email Confirmation

yeah, the traffic was bad today, took me more than an hour to get to the karting place at nedumbassery.

sorry i missed the meet. but had fun at the take off zone.
new track layout with some surface smoothening/tarring.

when's the next one?
Old 11th April 2008, 23:36   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

thalle! ningalu kochiyil ethiya!

athe pinne ethil ara kuttapan and jayD?
Old 11th April 2008, 23:38   #233
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys, for dropping in for a meet at such short notice. It was a pleasure to meet you all, my only grouse was that it ended too soon. Well, another time.

Zak, you are a gem, to have taken the onus of getting everyone to the meet, just after one PM from me. Hope your leg heals soon.

I got to know where mansidea's idea comes from, Ashwins dislike for anything chocolatey(he confirms his dislike very now and then), also that Nikkibike shares my birthday, Hydras blues(or was that Hyderabad Blues?) - he even gave a demo of his superb ICE - thanks man.

Also met Aha! with a missing T, the lovely couple of Jake&Kphilip. I enjoyed the short meet, hope to meet you all again at some point of time.

While returning, I was stuck in a huge traffic jam near Aroor bridge(starting from Kundanoor)...did some offroading antics and managed to extricate myself in half an hour. Rippergeo, too bad you went to go-karting without us! Time was short, else I would have come there as well.
Old 11th April 2008, 23:48   #234
Senior - BHPian

Kuttappan Keralathil. Very good.

Zak - sad to see you with a puncture. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

Last edited by Steeroid : 11th April 2008 at 23:50.
Old 11th April 2008, 23:49   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

Attended my first meet today! Was Awesome!! Zak, I never took your avtaar details seriously till now! Walking stick and all! HAts off to u, for coming to this meet with your injury. Hope it heals soon.

Mansidea drove all the way from thrissur for this meet!!

Had a superb demo of the ICE in Hydra's car!! Great collection of songs too!!
And Thanks for the ride back home kuttapan!

Waiting for the next meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
thalle! ningalu kochiyil ethiya!

athe pinne ethil ara kuttapan and jayD?

Kuttapan has been pointed out by zak, and i'm the one in the red shirt!

Last edited by JayD : 12th April 2008 at 00:01.
Old 11th April 2008, 23:57   #236
Senior - BHPian

It was a really nice meet today. Thanks to Kuttappan for making it happen and to Zak for arranging everything so fast. It was nice meeting you, Kuttappan!

JayD also made it to his first TBHP meet. Great meeting you in person at last!

About Zak and his leg, I think he's not giving us the full story. I think the TVM Fiat Fans assossn got together and gave Kerala's resident FIAT-basher a good bashing
Well, jokes aside, one look at that leg and I knew it must hurt like hell. Full props to Zak for rounding us Kochi BHPians up for the meet, and for actually attending the meet with that leg. Get well soon, Zakko!

Mansidea drove to the meet directly from work, from about 90 kms away.

It was really nice meeting the rest of you folk (though we do meet almost every weekend, heh heh). Maybe we can meet again next week for Nikki's Pizzzzzzzza treat.

The traffic was insane today evening. Wonder why. Entire city was gridlocked and I had to drive out of the city and back into the city twice today in the evening. Madness!

For the sake of those who haven't seen us all, in the "Cheeeeeeese..." snap in Zak's post #230, from left to right,
AHA!, SpeedZak, JayD, Mansidea, Hydrashok, Jake, KPhilip, Kuttappan. The snap was taken by A S H V I N uncle. A S V I N is the mean looking dude on the far left in the "ICE Demo time" snap.

Last edited by hydrashok : 11th April 2008 at 23:59.
Old 12th April 2008, 00:01   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

P.S: Nikkiebike's birthday treat is still pending!
Old 12th April 2008, 02:27   #238
BHPian

hey people .. just got home now .. in the time that elapsed between our meet and now i have managed to get myself invited for a wedding in trivandrum happening on sunday .. so i will be heading out there by noon today in a "Ssangyong Musso" for those of you who are unaware of it .. google it .. drove it for a while today and its in pretty bad shape with regards to handling .. some problem with the ball joint or something so its kind of very wobbly .. well hope to get to our state capital in one peice ..

about the meet .. well really nice meeting kuttappan and JayD .. mr kuttappan has been declared as a part of the Cochin bhp-ian gang and will be henceforth expected to meet up with us for all meets .. hehe.. the whole gathering was a nice and quick one .. too short though .. i am getting used to all these 24hour meets a few hours just doesnt seem to be enough! anyways .. i'm off .. maybe i shall catch some of you trivandrum boys when i am down there over the weekend.. ciao
Old 12th April 2008, 02:31   #239
BANNED

Some notes that popped out from today's one!

"Sam! - Who's Sam? - Sam Kapasia - OH! You mean that wierd guy? - Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha...... - I mean the one with long untied hair and funny clothes...." My goodness!

We started off with some very good discussions like how to help out some wife fearing BHPians from their cages.
It finally ended up with wedding plans of some BHPians and planning their cocktail/bachelor parties. There'll be a private party hosted in a yacht cruising on the arabian sea to Goa where We'll have some good dancers to do the job on our laps.

My leg was quiet a star today. It was called a woodland shoe, stanley leather seats, Rugby ball etc... The stitches looked horrible and it was one of the main reason for that SMALL bill at the cafe. Bad appetite?

A S H V I N doesn't eat anything spicy once he moves onto sweets and desserts. Lucky! So, you know when to order your stuff. Haven't you heard, Sabr ka phal meetha hota hai! The moment you see him on meetha, you get your chicken burger.

Kuttapan is a true gentleman. No matter how funny he sounds on the forum, he is truely a man to be respected. Will be very happy to see you again here, Kuttappaa!

Nikki had to go early, so we decided to let him give his birthday treat next time. We're yet to decide between Pizza hut or Rice boats. Or a crash dinner at his place if nothing else! Be warned.

I am declared to be the official FiAT bashing Mullah. No second doubts on that. And now, everybody knows how my leg got injured too. Right? Oh these FiAT fans!
BTW, today was the first day I walked on 2 feet after the mishap.

Note: This thread just passed 4000 views! Excellent. Keep it up guys.

Last edited by speedzak : 12th April 2008 at 02:36. Reason: Thread views.
Old 12th April 2008, 07:28   #240
BHPian

Default That makes two of us by default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post

I am declared to be the official FiAT bashing Mullah. No second doubts on that.
Since TATA takes care of FIAT service now in our land you have two FIAT bashers on the forum though I have not started bashing FIAT as yet since I have not had an opportunity to experience their service on my FIAT as my GTX has not had a single problem for the past 4 and 3/4 year of ownership.

Fingers and Toes crossed as I have had first hand experience of TATA service with my Junkindica and judder to think of the day when I would have to eventually give my GTX to the TATA's for major repair.

Missed the meet as the sms did not reach me. Will meet up next time especially if its on the race track at Nedumbassery.
Bye and wear your seat belts.
Closed Thread