Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2008, 12:40   #316
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,966
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

Man, That winch must alone weigh a ton!
Fit that on a jeep and the jeep will do a stoppie.
nitrous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 13:57   #317
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,584
Thanked: 448 Times
Default

Did you realise that it has a 4.0 litre petrol engine with a THREE speed Gearbox and a single speed transfer case?

The engine puts out around 110 BHP of pure petrol power
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 14:48   #318
Senior - BHPian
 
Blue Thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Right here .
Posts: 1,632
Thanked: 330 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
Nissan ??? what model ?? where?

Now, nitrous, Arka, what is this about??? the suspense is killing me !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Did you realise that it has a 4.0 litre petrol engine with a THREE speed Gearbox and a single speed transfer case?

The engine puts out around 110 BHP of pure petrol power

thanx, headers, this post of yours almost answers my question there are not many petrol 110 BHP off-roaders with three-speed bearbox, but the single-speed tcase really nails it down .

Way to go , Arka


Quote:
Originally Posted by islero View Post
Trust me, there is no way you can even begin to guess what this contraption is....

hey, islero, I have travelled a lot in this vehicle, one trip in Arunachal Pradesh being the most memorable !!!

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 30th May 2008 at 15:07.
Blue Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 15:07   #319
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,584
Thanked: 448 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
thanx, headers, this post of yours almost answers my question there are not many petrol 110 BHP off-roaders with three-speed bearbox .

Way to go , Arka
Now, BT, We are looking for sponsers to keep the bride running? Any takers?

Minimum contribution - 10 litres of petrol!
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 15:09   #320
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,966
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

Hold on!
BT , are u thinking this is a Jonga we're talking about?
nitrous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 15:10   #321
Senior - BHPian
 
Blue Thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Right here .
Posts: 1,632
Thanked: 330 Times
Default

headers, I know .....it can be quite expensive to run/maintain...mileage would be around 5 kmpl, I guess (and there is talk of a price hike around the corner) :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Hold on!
BT , are u thinking this is a Jonga we're talking about?
no, nitrous, intially I thought so...but the single-speed tcase is a dead giveaway (the JONGA has a 2-speed tcase)....it is a vehicle known in defence parlance just plainly as "1-ton".... it shares the engine with the Jonga ( which is an excellent off-roader), but it has something which the JONGA doesn't...the "sun-roof" !!!

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 30th May 2008 at 15:15.
Blue Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 15:11   #322
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,584
Thanked: 448 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Hold on!
BT , are u thinking this is a Jonga we're talking about?
Nitrous, both share the same engine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
^^ I know .....it can be quite expensive to run/maintain...mileage would be around 5 kmpl, I guess (and there is talk of a price hike around the corner) :-(

BT, we are not talking of OUR gypsies here. We are talking about a monster which matches the Formula 1 specs in FE. Hope you get it

Last edited by tsk1979 : 30th May 2008 at 16:56.
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 15:16   #323
Senior - BHPian
 
Blue Thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Right here .
Posts: 1,632
Thanked: 330 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
BT, we are not talking of OUR gypsies here. We are talking about a monster which matches the Formula 1 specs in FE. Hope you get it
Ok, ok ...I get it...I was trying to sound a bit optimistic !!!
Blue Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 15:20   #324
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,966
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

5kmpl? Nah!
It is 1kmpl! Arka seems to have inherited an oil well in Thupai!
nitrous is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 15:24   #325
Senior - BHPian
 
headers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Greater Chennai
Posts: 4,584
Thanked: 448 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post

no, nitrous, intially I thought so...but the single-speed tcase is a dead giveaway (the JONGA has a 2-speed tcase)....it is a vehicle known in defence parlance just plainly as "1-ton".... it shares the engine with the Jonga ( which is an excellent off-roader), but it has something which the JONGA doesn't...the "sun-roof" !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
5kmpl? Nah!
It is 1kmpl! Arka seems to have inherited an oil well in Thupai!
"an oil well" or "some oil wells"
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 15:41   #326
Distinguished - BHPian
 
supremeBaleno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Weekdays@Chennai, Weekends@Kerala
Posts: 5,151
Thanked: 1,611 Times
Default

What is the relevance of the ton in "1-ton"? Because this must be weighing much more than 1000kgs in any case.

And BTW, could all you romping-on-the-beach-climbing-quarries-falling-into-ponds offroaders quit driving(beating) around the bush and come out with the name of whatever this contraption is ?
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 15:46   #327
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 444 Times
Default

Thats the payload, biju.
You guys are seriously off topic here. When is the next meet gonna be ? inside the contraption ? Would love to see it today.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 16:09   #328
Senior - BHPian
 
Blue Thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Right here .
Posts: 1,632
Thanked: 330 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Thats the payload, biju.
You guys are seriously off topic here. When is the next meet gonna be ? inside the contraption ? Would love to see it today.

esteem_lover, I think this thread has now lived out its life (April - May)...we need a separate thread for the June/July meets...why dont you do the honours
Blue Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 16:11   #329
Distinguished - BHPian
 
supremeBaleno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Weekdays@Chennai, Weekends@Kerala
Posts: 5,151
Thanked: 1,611 Times
Default

That sounds interesting - a meet in a true offroader.

With such blue-blooded trucks around, who would want to get sozzled in a puny, inferior, unreliable softroader like the Tata Supari ?
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2008, 16:33   #330
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 444 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
That sounds interesting - a meet in a true offroader.

With such blue-blooded trucks around, who would want to get sozzled in a puny, inferior, unreliable softroader like the Tata Supari ?
can't help it.

Anyone game for meeting with the one(un-r) ?
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kolkata: Impromptu Team-BHP Meets planet_rocker The Team-BHP Meet Section 82 18th February 2016 20:18
Team-BHP meets at Thrissur foby.sebastian The Team-BHP Meet Section 119 11th February 2011 00:00
Team BHP meets-- Bangalore Godfather The Team-BHP Meet Section 54 24th March 2006 19:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:33.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks