Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2013, 15:44   #4366
Senior - BHPian
 
aravind.anand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,310
Thanked: 1,539 Times
Default re: Chennai Team-BHP Meets: 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
You are always welcome to join the meet, there is no special requirements mate.



Hello friends, can we plan to meet tomorrow evening by 8PM?

I am still trying to figure a spot around Thoraipakkam where all the cars could be parked near a tea shop. There is a shop near the CCD, I will check the place today evening and see if its good for parking and other stuff. Will keep you all posted!

Do let me know your availability!
CCD at 8PM? That is almost dinner time
aravind.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 15:46   #4367
Newbie
 
cruze'ader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 18
Thanked: 30 Times
Default re: Chennai Team-BHP Meets: 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
You are always welcome to join the meet, there is no special requirements mate.
Thanks for the heads up anachronix! If you are looking for something like a tea shop with place for parking cars, may I suggest one?

There's one on the ECR-Sholingnallur link road just next to the eat-out called FOOD CALL. Decent tea shop with ample place to park on the opposite side of the road. If you are coming from ECR, this place is just before the OMR tollgate on the ECR-Sholling link road on the left hand side.
And from the Shollingnallur side, its immediately after crossing the toll on the right. Just a suggestion.

Looking forward to the meet!
cruze'ader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 16:00   #4368
Distinguished - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,581
Thanked: 3,241 Times
Default re: Chennai Team-BHP Meets: 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
You are always welcome to join the meet, there is no special requirements mate.

Hello friends, can we plan to meet tomorrow evening by 8PM?

I am still trying to figure a spot around Thoraipakkam where all the cars could be parked near a tea shop. There is a shop near the CCD, I will check the place today evening and see if its good for parking and other stuff. Will keep you all posted!

Do let me know your availability!
Is everyone based southwards of the toll? I'd hate to pay the toll both ways for driving 2km on a busy traffic route unless everyone was located that side. I thought sjcherian and 3 others' office was located to the north of the toll.
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 16:09   #4369
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,233
Thanked: 1,221 Times
Default re: Chennai Team-BHP Meets: 2017

Thats the snack time here dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
CCD at 8PM? That is almost dinner time
The CCD is before the toll if you are coming from Thiruvanmayur. Its next to Prince InfoCity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Is everyone based southwards of the toll? I'd hate to pay the toll both ways for driving 2km on a busy traffic route unless everyone was located that side. I thought sjcherian and 3 others' office was located to the north of the toll.
anachronix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 16:09   #4370
Newbie
 
cruze'ader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 18
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

Is everyone based southwards of the toll? I'd hate to pay the toll both ways for driving 2km on a busy traffic route unless everyone was located that side. I thought sjcherian and 3 others' office was located to the north of the toll.
Which toll are you talking about? The one right on the OMR after the Nissan showroom or the one on the ecr-sholling link road? Because if it's the latter, you don't have to pay the toll and take one of the interior streets instead.
cruze'ader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 17:09   #4371
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,600
Thanked: 6,686 Times
Default re: Chennai Team-BHP Meets: 2017

Guys, I never seem to make it to a meet, but I'm till watching the thread!

If you are looking for a toll-free Cafe Coffee Day, South of Thiruvanmiyur, there is a recently-opened one at/near Neelankarai on ECR, street side of a new development. I think there is a Samsung shop there too...
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 17:11   #4372
Distinguished - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,581
Thanked: 3,241 Times
Default re: Chennai Team-BHP Meets: 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
The CCD is before the toll if you are coming from Thiruvanmayur. Its next to Prince InfoCity.
cool - thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruze'ader View Post
Which toll are you talking about? The one right on the OMR after the Nissan showroom or the one on the ecr-sholling link road? Because if it's the latter, you don't have to pay the toll and take one of the interior streets instead.
I meant the one on OMR after the Lanson Toyota showroom (and Nissan as well). not the latter.

So are we ON? Someone please post a list of confirmations (I am a YES) and a clear MAP!
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2013, 21:03   #4373
BHPian
 
sjcherian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 429
Thanked: 329 Times
Default

Damn. Am out of town till Saturday. Hope to catch the next meet.
sjcherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 14:38   #4374
Distinguished - BHPian
 
supremeBaleno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Weekdays@Chennai, Weekends@Kerala
Posts: 5,136
Thanked: 1,562 Times
Default re: Chennai Team-BHP Meets: 2017

I am in town and should be able to join. The meet is on, right ?
Who all is confirmed apart from me, phamilyman and anachronix ?
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 14:46   #4375
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,233
Thanked: 1,221 Times
Default re: Chennai Team-BHP Meets: 2017

Its ON!

I will be free by 8PM today. Somewhere near the Donut house? We can find some team shop nearby.

Who else is joining? I will list the names here.

1. Phamilyman
2. SB
3. Anachronix
4....

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=taram...e+day&t=m&z=19

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
cool - thanks!


I meant the one on OMR after the Lanson Toyota showroom (and Nissan as well). not the latter.

So are we ON? Someone please post a list of confirmations (I am a YES) and a clear MAP!
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
I am in town and should be able to join. The meet is on, right ?
Who all is confirmed apart from me, phamilyman and anachronix ?
anachronix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 17:23   #4376
Distinguished - BHPian
 
supremeBaleno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Weekdays@Chennai, Weekends@Kerala
Posts: 5,136
Thanked: 1,562 Times
Default re: Chennai Team-BHP Meets: 2017

Looks like not much interest other than 3 of us. If so, possibly we should move to a day when we can have better participation.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2013, 18:14   #4377
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,233
Thanked: 1,221 Times
Default re: Chennai Team-BHP Meets: 2017

No response from others, so I think we agree for a later date?
anachronix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 11:58   #4378
Distinguished - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,581
Thanked: 3,241 Times
Default re: Chennai Team-BHP Meets: 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
No response from others, so I think we agree for a later date?
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Looks like not much interest other than 3 of us. If so, possibly we should move to a day when we can have better participation.
This is a pointless exercise IMHO. Atleast in Gurgaon, we had developed a habit of quick meets, even if just 3 people meet up. Once things happen regularly on a schedule (chosen friday evening), interest level ramps up again.

Unless we're looking for a mega meet (say 20+ folks) everytime. Whats the plan?
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 17:36   #4379
Senior - BHPian
 
fiat_tarun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune / Mysore
Posts: 1,091
Thanked: 550 Times
Default re: Chennai Team-BHP Meets: 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Looks like ......
Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
No response from others, ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
This is a pointless exercise IMHO. ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcherian View Post
Damn. Am out of town till Saturday. .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Guys, I never seem to make it to a meet, .......
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruze'ader View Post
Which toll are you talking ......
Guys, sorry was travelling and it doesn't look like I missed anything !! Ok, so 2 options..

1) Sunday morning meet for tea/ coffee or even breakfast ? - This was the most common meet in Pune and it always worked well.

2) Weekday meet on OMR. If weekday, lets fix a date for next week and everybody can plan in advance.

Shame on us. There have been plans, plans & more plans, but no actual meet !!
fiat_tarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2013, 17:39   #4380
Senior - BHPian
 
anachronix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 3,233
Thanked: 1,221 Times
Default re: Chennai Team-BHP Meets: 2017

Sunday mornings, no. I will be at church

Weekdays on OMR is perfect, can we freeze on 11th December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Guys, sorry was travelling and it doesn't look like I missed anything !! Ok, so 2 options..

1) Sunday morning meet for tea/ coffee or even breakfast ? - This was the most common meet in Pune and it always worked well.

2) Weekday meet on OMR. If weekday, lets fix a date for next week and everybody can plan in advance.

Shame on us. There have been plans, plans & more plans, but no actual meet !!
anachronix is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kolkata: Impromptu Team-BHP Meets planet_rocker The Team-BHP Meet Section 82 18th February 2016 20:18
Team-BHP meets at Thrissur foby.sebastian The Team-BHP Meet Section 119 11th February 2011 00:00
Team BHP meets-- Bangalore Godfather The Team-BHP Meet Section 54 24th March 2006 19:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:01.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks