Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2016, 14:50   #5176
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Madras
Posts: 588
Thanked: 140 Times
Default re: Chennai Team-BHP Meets: 2017

Rather than meeting and having breakfast at any of the places - why don't we met up at a place in OMR and drive to Mahabs A2B for breakfast. Last meet (almost an year back) was also a 'meet' only - no drives. Just a suggestion.
hyper-VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2016, 14:59   #5177
Senior - BHPian
 
hserus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,706
Thanked: 1,646 Times
Default re: Chennai Team-BHP Meets: 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Rather than meeting and having breakfast at any of the places - why don't we met up at a place in OMR and drive to Mahabs A2B for breakfast. Last meet (almost an year back) was also a 'meet' only - no drives. Just a suggestion.
1. Longer drive please

2. Veg as well as meat options if possible? Or if a majority of the team is veg that is not as much of a consideration.

3. Maybe a day's stay at some resort in for example Pondy like the Bangalore tbhp people keep doing.
hserus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2016, 15:10   #5178
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Madras
Posts: 618
Thanked: 1,548 Times
Smile re: Chennai Team-BHP Meets: 2017

Count me in. This would be my first TBHP meet

Updated list:
1. Prowler
2. Srinath.s
3. Gansan (if he is back in town)
4. saadat1992 (Tentative)
5. 7heaven
6. phamilyman
7. hamster (tentative).
8. Razorblades
9. CGB
10. Vignesh (tentative)
11. Deepak Chan
12. HyperVTEC (Group Admin for Chennai WAG)
13. Karthik Chandrasekar
Karthik Chandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2016, 08:09   #5179
Distinguished - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,584
Thanked: 3,245 Times
Default re: Chennai Team-BHP Meets: 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
Rather than meeting and having breakfast at any of the places - why don't we met up at a place in OMR and drive to Mahabs A2B for breakfast. Last meet (almost an year back) was also a 'meet' only - no drives. Just a suggestion.
I'm good with that - I'm free all morning! Problem is that the Mahabs drive adds ~2 hours into the program and results in a smaller turnout since some folks have stricter family commitments. Can some of the other folks who have confirmed, chime in with their take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
1. Longer drive please

2. Veg as well as meat options if possible? Or if a majority of the team is veg that is not as much of a consideration.

3. Maybe a day's stay at some resort in for example Pondy like the Bangalore tbhp people keep doing.
Suresh,

I'm good with almost all the ideas, but i think that'll result in a smaller turnout initially. Plus any such weekend stay ideas, need a longer timeframe to plan.

I'm OK to meet at a restaurant which offers veg and non-veg options (I'll get sambar anywhere!!) as long as it gives us enough parking space inside and outside at par with Saravana Bhavan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Count me in. This would be my first TBHP meet

Updated list:
1. Prowler
2. Srinath.s
3. Gansan (if he is back in town)
4. saadat1992 (Tentative)
5. 7heaven
6. phamilyman
7. hamster (tentative).
8. Razorblades
9. CGB
10. Vignesh (tentative)
11. Deepak Chan
12. HyperVTEC (Group Admin for Chennai WAG)
13. Karthik Chandrasekar
Thanks for updating the list - see you on Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Don't put me on the list! But I'll note the time and keep it in mind.

Now, if it was lunch...
Oh come on sir. Let's assume that there's a mindblowing concert (of exhaust pipes and air intake manifolds) at the Saravana Bhavan. Drag yourself out of bed the way you would have done for a concert, right?
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2016, 09:30   #5180
BHPian
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Madras
Posts: 476
Thanked: 265 Times
Default re: Chennai Team-BHP Meets: 2017

Updated list:
1. Prowler
2. Srinath.s
3. Gansan (if he is back in town)
4. saadat1992 (Tentative)
5. 7heaven
6. phamilyman
7. Maverick79
8. Razorblades
9. CGB
10. Vignesh (tentative)
11. Deepak Chan
12. HyperVTEC (Group Admin for Chennai WAG)
13. Karthik Chandrasekar
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2016, 18:00   #5181
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,616
Thanked: 6,704 Times
Default re: Chennai Team-BHP Meets: 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Oh come on sir. Let's assume that there's a mindblowing concert (of exhaust pipes and air intake manifolds) at the Saravana Bhavan. Drag yourself out of bed the way you would have done for a concert, right?

Well, I enter a different timezone for December.

So, what is the start/finish timing?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2016, 21:13   #5182
BHPian
 
MDED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: TN07/BR
Posts: 218
Thanked: 356 Times
Default re: Chennai Team-BHP Meets: 2017

Updated list as on 14.09.20165 @ 2112 HRS

1. Prowler
2. Srinath.s
3. Gansan (if he is back in town)
4. saadat1992 (Tentative)
5. 7heaven
6. phamilyman
7. Maverick79
8. Razorblades
9. CGB
10. Vignesh (tentative)
11. Deepak Chan
12. HyperVTEC (Group Admin for Chennai WAG)
13. Karthik Chandrasekar
14. MDED (Honda Jazz SV i-vtech)

I am okay with anytime. Early morning the better! Do let me know the rendezvous point!
MDED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2016, 11:50   #5183
BHPian
 
swami69's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 210
Thanked: 389 Times
Default re: Chennai Team-BHP Meets: 2017

1. Prowler
2. Srinath.s
3. Gansan (if he is back in town)
4. saadat1992 (Tentative)
5. 7heaven
6. phamilyman
7. Maverick79
8. Razorblades
9. CGB
10. Vignesh (tentative)
11. Deepak Chan
12. HyperVTEC (Group Admin for Chennai WAG)
13. Karthik Chandrasekar
14. MDED (Honda Jazz SV i-vtech)
15. Swami

I will join. Please confirm meeting point and time one more time - is it at Sangeeta OMR ? at 8.30 a.m. on Sunday ? Thanks.
swami69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2016, 12:33   #5184
BHPian
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Madras
Posts: 476
Thanked: 265 Times
Default re: Chennai Team-BHP Meets: 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post


So, what is the start/finish timing?
Thad Sir, we meet in Sangeetha OMR at 8.30 am on Sunday. As for the finish time, it is still nebulous. The jury is still out on the mahabs excursion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post

I am okay with anytime. Early morning the better! Do let me know the rendezvous point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post

I will join. Please confirm meeting point and time one more time - is it at Sangeeta OMR ? at 8.30 a.m. on Sunday ? Thanks.
Swami Jee, would you make your appearance with your Gorgeous Thar?

Last edited by Aditya : 19th September 2016 at 07:46. Reason: Font tags removed
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2016, 12:44   #5185
Distinguished - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,584
Thanked: 3,245 Times
Default re: Chennai Team-BHP Meets: 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Thad Sir, we meet in Sangeetha OMR at 8.30 am on Sunday. As for the finish time, it is still nebulous. The jury is still out on the mahabs excursion.






Swami Jee, would you make your appearance with your Gorgeous Thar ?


[COLOR=#FFFFFF]Save[/COLOR]
Dear Chennai friends,

Unfortunately I would need to skip this meet. I'm tied down in Pondicherry and will not be able to make it back in time for the meet due to the bandh.

All the same I hope that the enthusiasm on the thread translates to a smashing meet. Have fun guys!
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2016, 15:26   #5186
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,616
Thanked: 6,704 Times
Default re: Chennai Team-BHP Meets: 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Thad Sir, we meet in Sangeetha OMR at 8.30 am on Sunday. As for the finish time, it is still nebulous. The jury is still out on the mahabs excursion.
08.30

I'll try to make it. May not be intelligent or intelligible! I seem to remember being rather a dim light at the last New-Woodlands meet!

An idly and a couple of glasses of masala chai sometimes renders me human in the early morning!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2016, 15:57   #5187
BHPian
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Madras
Posts: 476
Thanked: 265 Times
Default re: Chennai Team-BHP Meets: 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Dear Chennai friends,

Unfortunately I would need to skip this meet. I'm tied down in Pondicherry and will not be able to make it back in time for the meet due to the bandh.
Oh No. It will be a terrible disappointment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
08.30

I'll try to make it. May not be intelligent or intelligible! I seem to remember being rather a dim light at the last New-Woodlands meet!

An idly and a couple of glasses of masala chai sometimes renders me human in the early morning!
You are really very modest. I remember your incisive views when we met last time. There will be no dearth of hot tea or its spicier accompaniment in Sangeetha.

Updated List:
1. Prowler
2. Srinath.s
3. Gansan (if he is back in town)
4. saadat1992 (Tentative)
5. 7heaven
6. Maverick79
7. Razorblades
8. CGB
9. Vignesh (tentative)
10. Deepak Chan
11. HyperVTEC (Group Admin for Chennai WAG)
12. Karthik Chandrasekar
13. MDED (Honda Jazz SV i-vtech)
14. Swami
15. Thad
[COLOR=#FFFFFF]Save[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#FFFFFF]Save[/COLOR]
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2016, 17:27   #5188
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,616
Thanked: 6,704 Times
Default re: Chennai Team-BHP Meets: 2017

Thank you for your kind words!

Guy's I'd love to see you all... I'll try to put in an appearance

An apology in advance: I have never been good at hearing what one person says at a party, and I am now getting looking-for-hearing-aids deaf. If I answer the wrong question, or ignore anyone completely, it's just because I didn't hear.

Also, it's been quite a while.. I don't know how many faces I'd recognise: so give the foreign-looking guy in a vesti a big wave!

Updated List:
1. Prowler
2. Srinath.s
3. Gansan (if he is back in town)
4. saadat1992 (Tentative)
5. 7heaven
6. Maverick79
7. Razorblades
8. CGB
9. Vignesh (tentative)
10. Deepak Chan
11. HyperVTEC (Group Admin for Chennai WAG)
12. Karthik Chandrasekar
13. MDED (Honda Jazz SV i-vtech)
14. Swami
15. Thad (at least in zombie state)
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2016, 19:51   #5189
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 95
Thanked: 54 Times
Default re: Chennai Team-BHP Meets: 2017

Count me in tentative.

Updated List:
1. Prowler
2. Srinath.s
3. Gansan (if he is back in town)
4. saadat1992 (Tentative)
5. 7heaven
6. Maverick79
7. Razorblades
8. CGB
9. Vignesh (tentative)
10. Deepak Chan
11. HyperVTEC (Group Admin for Chennai WAG)
12. Karthik Chandrasekar
13. MDED (Honda Jazz SV i-vtech)
14. Swami
15. Thad (at least in zombie state)
16. pisthpeeps (tentative)
pisthpeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2016, 11:47   #5190
BHPian
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Madras
Posts: 476
Thanked: 265 Times
Default re: Chennai Team-BHP Meets: 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Guy's I'd love to see you all... I'll try to put in an appearance

Also, it's been quite a while.. I don't know how many faces I'd recognise: so give the foreign-looking guy in a vesti a big wave!
Let me set the record straight Thad Sir. I hold your incisive views about products in high esteem and some of my purchases have been largely influenced by your crisp reviews.

Thank you for your putting in your appearance.

Last edited by Aditya : 19th September 2016 at 07:45. Reason: Font tags removed
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kolkata: Impromptu Team-BHP Meets planet_rocker The Team-BHP Meet Section 82 18th February 2016 20:18
Team-BHP meets at Thrissur foby.sebastian The Team-BHP Meet Section 119 11th February 2011 00:00
Team BHP meets-- Bangalore Godfather The Team-BHP Meet Section 54 24th March 2006 19:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:23.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks