Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2009, 09:45   #1411
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,640
Thanked: 6,635 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
(the next would have been a ROFL smiley, but had to take it out coz of smiley restrictions!!)

Me in Bessie- lets catch up, this Saturday some time if possible. Pls PM me your phone #...
PM'ed you.


Quote:

@bblost- where you a part of this conspiracy??!
No saar. But that fish looks awesome.


Saturday night sounds perfect.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 10:20   #1412
Senior - BHPian
 
ph03n!x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Madras
Posts: 1,705
Thanked: 115 Times
Default

Saturaday @ 7 PM sounds fine? Whoz game, whoz not??

And suggestions for a place to go to...
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 10:33   #1413
Senior - BHPian
 
hellstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,071
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
Wonder why you guys went to Moonrakers . We have had some poor experiences with them earlier.
Any other pocket friendly suggestions in mahabalipuram ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
PM'ed you.

No saar. But that fish looks awesome.

Saturday night sounds perfect.
I maybe in blore that time ! crap !
hellstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 11:08   #1414
BHPian
 
Mr_Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 838
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
I maybe in blore that time ! crap !
hellstar, when would you be leaving to Bangalore? I too have a plan to drive down to blore in my baleno.
Also want to feast on some good chicken biriyanis at vellore?
Mr_Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 14:41   #1415
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Thad E Ginathom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 7,790
Thanked: 7,112 Times
Default

I don't like moonrakers either, but part of the reason I don't like it is the drinking-smoking-young-guys culture. Of course, if some of you are drinking, smoking, young guys...

I wish I hadn't missed out on those days when you used to get together at near-by (no-more) Woodlands Drive In --- but, one of these days, I'm going to join some city gathering and get to say hello!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:24   #1416
BHPian
 
neoranjit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 588
Thanked: 191 Times
Default

@Thad : Woodlands did serve us as our meeting point for sometime . Lot of people still miss Woodlands even today. As of now, I guess the only place to catch up would be Ispahani Center. Has some decent parking space.
neoranjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:42   #1417
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,640
Thanked: 6,635 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I don't like moonrakers either, but part of the reason I don't like it is the drinking-smoking-young-guys culture. Of course, if some of you are drinking, smoking, young guys...
Saturday 7PM sounds great.
Really looking forward to meeting up with everyone.

Just for the record, I dont drink and have not smoked in over a year. Young depends on who I am with.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:48   #1418
Senior - BHPian
 
Gansan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,425
Thanked: 870 Times
Default

What will be the venue? I will try to make it if I am in town.
Gansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 18:30   #1419
Senior - BHPian
 
rr_zen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chennai, India
Posts: 1,711
Thanked: 262 Times
Default

I would love to join as well if the venue is within the city.
rr_zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 19:56   #1420
BHPian
 
fiery enzyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TN 01
Posts: 412
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Thad, you should come some time. I'm very intrigued. I wouldn't be in town this weekend though.
fiery enzyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 20:03   #1421
BHPian
 
pras.oct25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 665
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Ah yes! Finally after seeing "lets meet, lets meet" on the thread for ages we finally got together. Thanks to vijay and nitrous for putting the sudden plan together. Maybe they should be the batman and robin of the group (since were giving everyone names )

@petrol_head - did you get nightmares about that fish? Mean looking thing that. I for one couldnt get the spaghetti out of my mind :P

@phoenix - sorry machi you had to miss out. But your story of your long trip is due. How many km did you clock? I'm ready this saturday. But lets decide on a place that is 1) Not too expensive 2) Not too overcrowded 3) has enough parking space.

@hellstar - if not this weekend, then will you be there for our proposed yellagiri drive for the 2nd/3rd/4th weekend? I'm dying to give that petes box a go! Please put up this proposed plan on the bangalore meet thread too.
And I think this is the basic list of guys wit their rides:
Fountain header with his swift (I think it was a petrol zxi)
Hell star with his verna crdi (minus the petes!)
Nitrous with his esteem which made my verna feel like a tortoise.
Fiery enzyme with his baleno (though he was heading in the wrong direction)
Bakkya with his tail gating fiesta.
And yours truly with my verna crdi

Last edited by pras.oct25 : 22nd September 2009 at 20:05.
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 20:09   #1422
Senior - BHPian
 
madan80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Posts: 1,356
Thanked: 73 Times
Default

i drove past the mistress during the evening, and stopped - thats when i was told about the "impromptu meet" ... looks like you guys had fun.. maybe we should plan something over the coming weekend.
madan80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 20:42   #1423
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,966
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
i drove past the mistress during the evening, and stopped - thats when i was told about the "impromptu meet" ... looks like you guys had fun.. maybe we should plan something over the coming weekend.
You're still part of the meet even though we bumped into you and your new track machine.

Achtung,fellas! The Race official has acquired a black swift to blitz past us on the track.

PS: Pras.oct25: Thanks for being modest,man. I don't know where I'm gonna find 25bhp from the 1.3 petrol to even equal your stock 110bhp CRDi. And then, you talk about Peter-in-the-box which will bump you to 130bhp.
Give us junkyard petrol builders a chance.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 20:45   #1424
BHPian
 
Perakath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 259
Thanked: 28 Times
Smile Piling On

Woo hoo! A meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Saturday 7PM sounds great.
Really looking forward to meeting up with everyone.

Just for the record, I dont drink and have not smoked in over a year. Young depends on who I am with.
I'm not here this Saturday though

Bblost, I'm 6 months off the packet myself. Good show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
hellstar, when would you be leaving to Bangalore? I too have a plan to drive down to blore in my baleno.
Also want to feast on some good chicken biriyanis at vellore?
Hehe, I'm going to Bangalore this weekend too. Hoping to make a small excursion to Nandi Hills or Nagarhole or some such place from there over the long weekend. I'm planning to leave after work on Friday night (viz. around 10 pm on Friday), spend the night at home (folks') in Vellore, and head to Bangalore on Saturday morning. Will probably take dad's Qualis to save on fuel costs compared to my Zen.

Btw you mean biriyani at Ambur, don't you? Where would you go for biriyani in Vellore?


Quote:
Originally Posted by pras.oct25 View Post
@hellstar - if not this weekend, then will you be there for our proposed yellagiri drive for the 2nd/3rd/4th weekend? I'm dying to give that petes box a go! Please put up this proposed plan on the bangalore meet thread too.
And I think this is the basic list of guys wit their rides:
Fountain header with his swift (I think it was a petrol zxi)
Hell star with his verna crdi (minus the petes!)
Nitrous with his esteem which made my verna feel like a tortoise.
Fiery enzyme with his baleno (though he was heading in the wrong direction)
Bakkya with his tail gating fiesta.
And yours truly with my verna crdi
My old Zen will be the lame duck among these Hope I can make it!

Lead organizer, please include me in PMs and plans for these meets?
Perakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 23:07   #1425
BHPian
 
pras.oct25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 665
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
PS: Pras.oct25: Thanks for being modest,man. I don't know where I'm gonna find 25bhp from the 1.3 petrol to even equal your stock 110bhp CRDi. And then, you talk about Peter-in-the-box which will bump you to 130bhp.
Give us junkyard petrol builders a chance.
Nitrous I'm quite serious. Your esteem was pulling away from my verna like crazy on the OMR. I was flooring her and she still was no match for the kind of pull your car was generating. Vijay put it down to your gear box and that you were able to shift up faster.
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kolkata: Impromptu Team-BHP Meets planet_rocker The Team-BHP Meet Section 82 18th February 2016 20:18
Team-BHP meets at Thrissur foby.sebastian The Team-BHP Meet Section 119 11th February 2011 00:00
Team BHP meets-- Bangalore Godfather The Team-BHP Meet Section 54 24th March 2006 19:02


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks