Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 1st April 2008, 23:34   #1
BHPian

Default Team BHP Meet - Mumbai/Pune

Hi Guys,

Do you have any plans for a Team BHP meets for people in and around Mumbai. If yes I would like to join your gang and meet you guys.

I can come to meet if it is planned in Pune,Nashik or any where in Mumbai.

Plan out something for all of us on one of these sunday.

Regards,
Kailash
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2008, 09:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I would also love to join in this time. I missed the earlier meet (SR 2008).
There are 2 long weekends coming up. Apr 12-14 and Apr 18-21. Any plans around that time?
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2008, 10:53   #3
BHPian

i wish the same, somehow i missed the last invitation, i am pune, lets all meet up...
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2008, 11:15   #4
BHPian

Yes, Please lets all meet up.
Missed the SR 2008 meet, plan to make it this time.
Keep it in between the triangle, Mumbai-Nashik-Pune.
Everyone will get to Ride/ Drive. hehehehe.
mayurpalav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2008, 08:14   #5
BHPian

Ok Guys how about meeting on 19th April at Pune.

Any tbhpian from pune - Can you suggest a good hangout place in pune where we can meet and enjoy. Also all those who would like to join, I request you to confirm the same in the thread.
Old 5th April 2008, 16:23   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Ok Guys how about meeting on 19th April at Pune.

Any tbhpian from pune - Can you suggest a good hangout place in pune where we can meet and enjoy. Also all those who would like to join, I request you to confirm the same in the thread.

Before Karl or Kiran say it, I will.

Grand Hotel, M.G Road.
swale84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2008, 16:42   #7
Senior - BHPian

can we make it 12th april or 26th of April,as some of us are having 2nd and 4th Saturday holiday...????
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2008, 16:52   #8
Senior - BHPian

A couple of us are driving to Lonavala for dinner tonight. anyone interested is free to join !!
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2008, 17:29   #9
Senior - BHPian

U mean Sunny da dhaba???? who all are there in the list????
Old 5th April 2008, 18:06   #10
Senior - BHPian

4 of us are confirmed. Leaving within the next hour. Ramiee Anna - you can join us straight at Sunny if you are late
Old 5th April 2008, 20:42   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
4 of us are confirmed. Leaving within the next hour. Ramiee Anna - you can join us straight at Sunny if you are late
I dont think so i will be able to join you,i thought i'll leave early from office,but i am still in office hehehehehehe..Thanks NC will join you next time dude
Old 5th April 2008, 22:52   #12
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
HEHE..the joke still hasnt worn off i see!!
I am in for sure when the next meet happens. Just tell me when and where. I wont have a vehicle. I will hitch a ride with someone.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2008, 02:19   #13
BHPian

Spadival - Youare from Pune itself - Would you like to join - Please confirm.

Guys I think we should try and make it on 19th. If we are not comfortable with this date then please suggest some other date along with the place
Old 6th April 2008, 11:14   #14
Senior - BHPian

Got back at 3 am from the meet.

A small report

From Mumbai - Aditya, F50, me started at 7 pm from vashi railway station. Picked up Power freak from Kharghar at 7.20 pm and we were on our way. Then Moral Fibre called and changed the location from Sunny-da-dhaba to Toni-da-dhaba. He said 5 of them were coming and would reach Toni-da-dhaba at around 10 pm.

We had plenty of time and once we hit the expressway - I simply put the car on cruise control (80 kmph) and we had fun talking about everything under the sun.

Reached the toll gate - paid up 84 Rs for Lonavala and then stopped at the food mall. We were undecided where to eat and the presence of a pretty lady confirmed that we would eat at Dosa Plaza. Ate a not so good medu wada sambhar and then stepped out for a smoke. Re started the journey in 30 minutes.

Took it easy and reached Lonavala in half an hour - quite a bit of traffic was encountered including a couple of Vintage cars that were going to Pune for the VCCI rally on Sunday.

We were still driving real slow. The old Bombay-Pune road has been re-surfaced and is great to drive - no pot holes. Very well lit by those cat eyes in the road. And we hit the toll booth again. A return ticket was available and the guy at the toll booth very sweetly gave a receipt that would last till Sunday night. (normally the receipt ends on midnight of the day of purchase).

Soon we were on our way. No street lights and erratic bikers and trucks meant that we did not hit more than 80 kmph. we passed Sunny da dhaba and we crusied and cruised and cruised and cruised - couldn't see Toni in sight.

When we were about 47 kms from Pune - we called up MoralF to confirm if we hadn't passed Toni's - he assured us we hadn't and also confirmed that they had left.

Soon we reached Toni, saw the turkeys and the emus and the ducks and made ourselves comfortable. We were still yakking away when we see that it's almost 10 pm and no sign of the Pune guys. MoralF confirms that it will take him another 40 mins as he had just hit the highway. Then we knew the reason why he was so slow - He was driving the tank !!

10-40 pm MoralF, his lady friend and Swale turn up. I ask them where are the other 2 guys. Soon they arrive too - it's Vikram and his friend. Then the fun starts. We tell stories and laugh at any silly thing. Vikram manages to have a conversation with a turkey while Swale is on a diet where he has been advised only water intake.

Around midnight - MoralF had to leave as he had to drop the lady friend back home. We continue sitting there. Another reason for hanging around there is the crowd. Pretty looking ladies, loud boisterous groups of guys - it was fun.

We wind up around 1 - 1.15 pm , have a mitha pan , say our goodbyes and leave.

The drive back is controlled and slow because there are young guys racing on their bikes on highways (no lights) without helmets. The folly of youth I tell you. A mildly scary moment when we suddenly see something take a U turn - turns out to be a 3 wheeler loaded with metal bars and absolutely no lights.

Back on the expressway all is fine and we drop Powerfreak at Kharghar. Then we drop F50 (who btw slept from Kharghar to mahim) at Mahim and finally I drop Aditya at Prabhadevi - had to pass through at least 3 nakabandis (Sion, Dharavi and Mahim).

Reach back home at 3.10 pm - tired but very happy - am asleep even before my head hits the pillow.

It was an enjoyable inpromptu thing and these generally turn out to be fun.

One regret - how I wish we really driven to Goa yesterday night as was being discussed.

Watch this space.

No pictures were taken even though we had a camera.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 6th April 2008 at 11:18.
Old 6th April 2008, 12:00   #15
BHPian

I too would like to join on such outings / meet ups .. I stay at new mumbai and love to meet up with you guys and also the invites for the mumbai meet whenever organised .

Cheers

Kat
kARTIK IYER is offline   Reply With Quote