Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 3rd June 2008, 10:03   #106
BHPian

I was planning to leave my office at 3pm and reach there by at least 4pm. I'll delay the plans to reach there by 5pm. See you all there.

Another show we missed was the Light Middle East. A section was exclusive for ICE with some soupled up cars from major brands. I learned about that only yesterday from one of my collegues.
Dhar's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2008, 11:46   #107
BHPian

Islandman just confirmed his presence for the evening. I'll pick him up from office and come to the convention center by 4:30 - 4:45. Hope there is parking available.
wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 02:02   #108
Senior - BHPian

Just got back home after a terrific evening out with the guys, having dropped joz back at his hotel with happy visions of a tunisian girl in extremely short skirts. Sweet dreams, Joz!!
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2008, 02:38   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Just got back home after a terrific evening out with the guys, having dropped joz back at his hotel with happy visions of a tunisian girl in extremely short skirts. Sweet dreams, Joz!!
He he he. It took a while for me to locate the hotel though. But we found it nevertheless. Hope Joz finds his way to his room instead of the tunisian girl's.

It was a wonderful evening at Jimmy Dix (except for the loud music) followed by dinner at Calicut Paragon. The automechanika was a let down though (not the Bosch stall where they had some people from tunisia ).

Zak, you should've come. Tez is nothing compared to the ones at Jimmy Dix. Probably another day.

Islandman, it was nice meeting you after having corresponded for quite a while over emails.
Old 4th June 2008, 10:31   #110
BHPian

Update already? You guys dont sleep or what?

Too bad that we didn't take any pictures. Zak is sure going to complain why we didn't carry 'click click'. Zak, I was hoping to meet you.

As wheeler said, Automechanika was a let down. But for the trade visitors it might be otherwise. Except for the Joz favourite Bosch stall and the Enkei, OZ wheels, a 1967 Mustang, Hummer H1 etc. I guess it would have been a good opportunity for some of our fellow tbhpians who are in the same field had they been there.

The session after that at Jummy Dix was too great. Although I took Islandman on a Dubai Darshan since I took the wrong turn, we finally made it to Jimmy Dix. Joined by Steer later and Zak being virtually present.

Food was superb at the Calicut Paragon. Dubouy's (although not present) favourites was our order and he proved that he has a passion for food as well. For me the highlight of the day was an unforgettable ride in steer's Jag.

It was nice meeting you Steer, wheeler, joz & islandman. Hope to meet you all soon. We missed you Zak. Thanks again steer for the ride of a lifetime.
Old 4th June 2008, 18:18   #111
Senior - BHPian

Guys

Wake up!

I have 10 passes for the opening of what is billed as the most exclusive nightclub in Dubai - Club Envy at the Ibis - on Friday night.

Club Envy is the one that sent newspaper columns and 'letters to the editor' pages into a tizzy recently with their stated policy of 'Facial Profiling' - i.e., they will only admit people whose faces meet the criteria of the club entry staff.

Since most of us will never make it into the club under that policy, this is your chance for guaranteed entry. A few drinks are also included with the pass.
Old 4th June 2008, 19:05   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Guys

Wake up!

I have 10 passes for the opening of what is billed as the most exclusive nightclub in Dubai - Club Envy at the Ibis - on Friday night.

Club Envy is the one that sent newspaper columns and 'letters to the editor' pages into a tizzy recently with their stated policy of 'Facial Profiling' - i.e., they will only admit people whose faces meet the criteria of the club entry staff.

Since most of us will never make it into the club under that policy, this is your chance for guaranteed entry. A few drinks are also included with the pass.
Steer, you continue to amaze us!!! Like you said, not everone would be admitted into Club Envy. So, this cannot be missed! What's the plan? I'm in.
Old 5th June 2008, 01:30   #113
BANNED

I AM IN ! !
This time no wifey kaifey Tezzie!
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 10:30   #114
BHPian

Steer, me tooo
Hope we would be featured in Gulf News tabloid page 3
Old 5th June 2008, 12:39   #115
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhar's View Post
Are you serious?
Then, I'll have to be a dementor again. Does the club provide anything for scavengers?
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 16:28   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhar's View Post
As examples of who would not clear "facial profiling"?
Old 6th June 2008, 11:21   #117
BHPian

Steer, just woke up, count me in.
v1kram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2008, 11:24   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1kram View Post
Steer, just woke up, count me in.
Am collecting the passes from the hotel this morning. Will confirm exact number afterwards - you guys can pick it up from me on the way to the hotel as I wont be going. A little too old for this kinda stuff.
Old 6th June 2008, 11:45   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Am collecting the passes from the hotel this morning. Will confirm exact number afterwards - you guys can pick it up from me on the way to the hotel as I wont be going. A little too old for this kinda stuff.
awwwww c'mon steer!!! zak, talk to the dude!
Old 6th June 2008, 11:59   #120
BHPian

Quote:
aah, this is not fair steer.
v1kram is offline   Reply With Quote