Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 26th May 2008, 15:35   #31
BHPian

Ok. Some more pics here.

Report: Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri Drive on 25/5/2008.-dscn0184.jpg

Report: Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri Drive on 25/5/2008.-dscn0180.jpg

Report: Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri Drive on 25/5/2008.-dscn0181.jpg

Report: Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri Drive on 25/5/2008.-dscn0182.jpg

Report: Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri Drive on 25/5/2008.-dscn0189.jpg

Report: Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri Drive on 25/5/2008.-dscn0191.jpg

Report: Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri Drive on 25/5/2008.-dscn0202.jpg

Report: Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri Drive on 25/5/2008.-dscn0206.jpg

Report: Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri Drive on 25/5/2008.-dscn0210.jpg
BomBatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 15:45   #32
Jay
BHPian

Post deleted. Jay, we understand your concern here.
Guys this thread is only for sharing your outing experience. Please stick to that topic only. Thanks.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 26th May 2008 at 16:21. Reason: Fight, fight and more fight.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 16:19   #33
Senior - BHPian

Feel sad that i could not make it. Seems like a very nice family gathering. Name tags with the photos would be nice.

Note from Support - Let's keep the topic on course.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 26th May 2008 at 16:24. Reason: Adding fuel to the fire.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 17:02   #34
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics there and it seems Rajan's Kiddies (Bobby and Ruby) too had a great time.
VJ_MAVRICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 17:16   #35
Jay
BHPian

@ Rajan : Thanks for the delicious Prawns, Chicken and many thanks for the chilled KF.
Old 26th May 2008, 18:52   #36
Senior - BHPian

@Rajan,I Second Jay, waited for you at thunder pub.. hope our invite is still open
iceman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 20:13   #37
BHPian

Default hi all

hi

the meet was just awsome i enjoyed a lot specially the home cooked veg food by a few members thank you people

and special thanks to rahul for taking the pain of arranging the meet

binoy where are you and where are the pics

rahul thanks again for showing me the beautiful raods i never knew there were such awsome roads down south
the only issue i had was the petrol since i filled in krishnagiri the car started knocking which i wasnt aware of was informed by vikramd thanks man or else i wopuld have blown my engine
the same day filled 97 octane and the cars running just fine now

all in all
an awsome meet and was very nice meeting all the bhpians and specially the pets couldnt get their names
alias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 20:30   #38
BHPian

hi,
OOOOOps,I missed the meet.Hope to see lot of pictures and experience.I have a terrible experience at Bengalure international airport in its 2nd day of operation yesterday while picking my wife.Thanks to "Simplyfly-Deccan"
bglsrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 20:35   #39
Senior - BHPian

OT: you can post your experince in this thread (Bengaluru International Airport)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bglsrini View Post
hi,
OOOOOps,I missed the meet.Hope to see lot of pictures and experience.I have a terrible experience at Bengalure international airport in its 2nd day of operation yesterday while picking my wife.Thanks to "Simplyfly-Deccan"
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 20:48   #40
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Asif, the pets are Bobby (2yr old labrador) and the other one is the 3 month old Ruby. Both pups were crowd pullers.

Also, I would like to thank Rajan and Suzane aunty (hope she is not reading this ) for the lovely prawns and chicken fry she made. Also for taking the trouble to order food for the rest of us. Rajan, thanks a lot for the chilled beer as well.

By rajiv's description sounds like the "MEOW" game was fun. Kicking self for missing it.

Binoy, I am VERY IMPRESSED! You know what I am talking about .

Before I forget, I would like to thank Akroy for suggesting A2B. Its way better than A1 Plaza.

Last but not the least, thanks a lot guys for turning up. It was a pleasure meeting you all.

PS: Guys, why don't you invite your better halves onto the forum as well?
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 20:52   #41
BHPian

This is the team that met at Deccan Honda in the morning. Thats jaguar, satya, brraj and mclaren standing on the lawn pavement. And standing down are bombatt + wifey, amohit and his wife, grace i.e. my wife and I, khan_sultan and his wife, dadu and Mr. Bangalore from left to right.
Name:  gang.JPG
Views: 1354
Size:  81.9 KB
the team with their cars.
Name:  deccan_team.JPG
Views: 1250
Size:  106.2 KB

All the cars (that started from Bangalore together) parked in the A2B's parking lot. The food was good. it was a perfect location for the break. Also since we had the entire rear parking lot free, we could also shoot some snaps.

Thats jaguar walking away from his black Icon, after parking it in the lot.
Name:  jaguar_all_cars.JPG
Views: 1673
Size:  102.7 KB

Last edited by aah78 : 26th May 2008 at 21:07. Reason: Posts merged.
sbelekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 20:54   #42
BHPian

PS: Guys, why don't you invite your better halves onto the forum as well?

no no no!!!!!!!!!1 not a good idea
my wife thinks i was at work if she comes to know that i was at yellangiri i am gonna get jacked
alias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 21:07   #43
BHPian

After a great drive, fabulous food and some great chat, it was time to split the bills. You see bombatt(Deepak) paying mclaren1885(Rahul), while jaguar (Ramesh) and brraj(Rajiv) look on.

BTW, you see Mr. Bangalore's (Naveen) innova being jump started by Vasuanna in the background. Satya's brand new jump start cable was put to a good use
Attached Images

sbelekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 21:27   #44
BHPian

Guys,

Before you all start calling me names and cursing me in general, here is my report and photos, of course..

I started planning and was eager for this meet for almost a week. Been a while since a long drive. I even made a to do list for Saturday:

1. Clean Car
2. Recharge Camera Batteries
3. Put beer in freezer
4. Go out and buy a chiller box

When wifey saw the list she was fuming. "Aren't you going to help me?" she demanded. I looked at her in the eye, gave a half smile and said " I am driving, aren't I?". That kind of settled matters .

Come Sunday, wife woke up at 4.00 to prepare the food. Getting the kids up and ready was a task in itself. Finally, food packed, kids dressed and in the car, house locked and checked again, Beer in the insulated water can with ice cubes( Got too lazy to go out and buy a cool box) all set to go, the time was 6.50 - So much for being at Dakshin Honda at 6:15 to shoot pictures of members arriving.

Hit the road and was at DH, Hosur Road by 7:15. Not a single car at sight. Called up Rahul and was told they had just left. Drove on to catch them up at A2B after Hosur. Arrived there by 8.40. The guys were already busy having breakfast. After breakfast and some pictures, headed for Elagiri. Kudos to Rahul for organizing the whole thing and as per his plan, regrouped at both toll gates.

The ghat section was good, Felt really sorry for the bus drivers. They had to actually take half the hair pin bend, then reverse some and take the rest of the turn.

Finally arrived at the resort, only to be told that beer may not be available. Patted self in the back for packing some cans, but was worried if it is going to be enough.

Then the manager conceded and told us to head to the conference room, where liquor will be served. Meanwhile wifey convinced him to allow us to get our homemade food in.

So I headed for the conference hall and convinced the guy there to allow us to get our beer incheers:.

Meanwhile more memebers arrived and it was turning to be a huge meet. While the kids, women and teetotalers enjoyed playing "MEAW", we were at a different ball game altogether.

Wifey was nice enough to get us some prawns and chicken to go with the drinks.

Finally it was time to head home. Left close to 3.00 PM and hit the ghat section, only to be faced with the mother of all traffic jams. Finally out of the ghats on the GQ, and reached home by 8.00 PM.

All in all great meet. Thanks guys for making it enjoyable. Wifey has just read all the post and conveys her thanks for all the compliments on her culinary skills.

Cheers,
Rajan, Suzan, Aarti, Archana, Bobby and Ruby

Here are the pics:
Attached Images

PatchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2008, 23:58   #45
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
hope our invite is still open
Yeah i too hope so...
By the way did you wipe the graffiti off the rear of the car before giving it back ?