Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 13th June 2008, 10:34   #376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelubai View Post
Somethings I would like to add to Zaks list:
Camera/Mobile chargers.
A Torch
and maybe a couple of extra plastic bags for those who have the habit of vomiting in these conditions.

One more question guys- Wont there be a Petrol bunk atleast in every 15kms at these places?just asked because I have this habit of driving in empty.
It would be nice if you top up your tank before the drive or else it would be a problem for all 16 cars participating.We should try to avoid any chances or instance which could come in the way of the drive.Of course unavoidable circumstances would be taken care of.
ram
Old 13th June 2008, 10:38   #377
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Veelu, fill up before you leave. You will get lynched if you stop for fuel every 15km. Anyway, it wont be easy finding fuel in some of these areas
Old 13th June 2008, 10:41   #378
BHPian

Sorry to be putting my butt where it does not belong, but I would suggest that those with a GPS, post tracks for the drive with marked POIs when the drive is over. That would make it exciting for us. Also will serve as a reference for any such drives in the future.
Old 13th June 2008, 11:04   #379
BANNED

Thanks for putting up those extra items we need to carry. Many may have similar thoughts coming in mind. You can post it up here and others can decide whether to carry it or not.

I'll be at Cochin in another 45mins (Kingfishers are good in keeping up their timings I've heard). We'll have a small pre meet to sort out the final things tonight somewhere in town.

Last edited by speedzak : 13th June 2008 at 11:08.
Old 13th June 2008, 11:11   #380
BHPian

Ram and Rippr. I will make sure that I will fill up this time as its always better safe than sorry.Will give me a chance to check my FE as well.

There is a small prob. I dont have a stepney. I think a few of you will definitely be using 14" wheels anyways.
Old 13th June 2008, 11:30   #381
Senior - BHPian

Veelubai,you made me remember one more thing Buddie,all of you please check the air pressure for the stepney too.I forgot to do it in spite of me filling up the tank and updating the Tire pressure for all 4.Final check list and plans would be up by 3 pm.
ram
Old 13th June 2008, 11:35   #382
BHPian

God!!Seems like you guys are all set and I still havent got my car from my service center.Hopefully atleast by the evening I will be all set.
Old 13th June 2008, 11:39   #383
BHPian

dont worry veelubai, no need to be under pressure, just make sure you get th car on time from the garage and you have time for everyting K. I will try to meet you be evening.
Old 13th June 2008, 11:43   #384
BHPian

no pressure atall , I still have my faithful bajaj caliber & Accent[petrol] at home .lol.yeah sure! Great if we can meet sometime in the evening. Pls let me know by an hour in advance.Thanks.
Old 13th June 2008, 12:00   #385
BHPian

Guys just a note, Is it fine if i stick the sides of the car with TEAM-BHP note? Is it allowed.
Old 13th June 2008, 12:31   #386
BHPian

Whoaa. I had a pending 5 point check (don't know what it means, but a complete free checkup) and wash from Sarathy motors. Just completed it and got car fresh and perfect. Waiting to hit the clock 6:00PM to start our vrooom.

Ripper, will give you a ring when we hit 4-lane. Hoping to rech Ekm by 10-10:30PM. OK guys, no more typing, but its time for driving and real fun. See you all shortly. Wish you all a nice and safe drive.
Old 13th June 2008, 14:00   #387
BHPian

CK - N0 harm in that I beleive. I have a sticker on the boot of my car.
Old 13th June 2008, 14:23   #388
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
The Cheap Guest has landed, he's at home knocking back a few drinks. Amongst other things he's cost me a door after locking himself inside the toilet - we had to use the jigsaw to cut the door open.
... Guess the Few Drinks he had was a little too much for him, No wonder he thought We spoke yesterday night... I'm Sure he'll keep everyone entertained the entire trip... So the entertainment part is sorted out , what about the remaining ?

Been totally confused about this Meet right from when i began to think if i should join in. I was supposed to leave today with the Landy and go to CBE. Since the car is still not ready, i thought of joining Tadu and the Elantra gang. We were supposed to leave tomorrow morning, now it looks like we'll be leaving today itself... and may be we'll join the Kerala gang tomorrow morning for the DRIVE....
Old 13th June 2008, 14:32   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
... and may be we'll join the Kerala gang tomorrow morning for the DRIVE....
What about the chap who wanted to drive up the other side?
Old 13th June 2008, 14:35   #390
BHPian

Jay - If you are driving via palghat , you are welcome to join the Thrissur gang in the morning [5.30 am].
Closed Thread