Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 16th June 2008, 09:28   #451
BHPian

What a drive and what an experience. Will try and post a log later. Not enough sleep and need to go to work .

Thanks guys for making the meet a wonderful experience.

Some pics:

Name:  IMG_0987.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  327.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0991.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  300.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0992.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  340.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0997.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  211.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1000.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  360.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1006.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  152.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1008.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  186.1 KB

Name:  IMG_1015.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  148.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1016.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  241.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1025.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  248.3 KB

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 16th June 2008, 09:30   #452
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Jay; you should have ordered the automechs last week.

srijit; nice one.
If it's the headers then ain't getting the automechs.
Old 16th June 2008, 09:32   #453
Team-BHP Support

wow... you all really had a gala time. 2 days of X-treme fun and 'seeding the clouds' so that monsoon could hit north India before schedule -- apparently something that had not happened for the past 108 years.

Lovely pictures folks. Keep them coming in.
Old 16th June 2008, 09:45   #454
Distinguished - BHPian

so how was "gothumpu unda " at sarkar raj's guest house?

oh and their drives to their guest hosue?
Old 16th June 2008, 11:15   #455
Senior - BHPian

It was a drive that started on Friday the 13th (Tadu and the Bangalore boys started the previous night) and involved 13 cars (see kpgetz picture of all cars earlier in this thread). Those that are superstitious would say something was BOUND to happen.

And this is how it started 'happening'. Sometime around 1 pm, Zak and I leave the resort to check out Guest House 2 for the guys to crash (Dream Land, which was actually Nightmare Land as we would find out later in the night), and when we return we find that Mansidea's Scorp, which had been blaring out Classic Rock all along, is missing. So are some others including Wishchuanad.

We continue chatting for a while and then realize that the guys have been gone for TOO long - this cant be a short drive as they had enough time to go all the way to Kumily and return. We get even more worried when we realize that one of the girls (Ram's sister) was in one of the cars that left.

Frantic calls are made and Wischu is reachable. He is asked to return immediately. No news of Manoj (mansidea). Wischu returns and we take an inventory of those inside the car. kpgetz and the girl are missing, so we assume they are with Manoj. A few dozen calls to Manoj's phone gets no response, and after waiting around anxiously looking at the road Zak and I decide to take off after them, A S H W I N hops on (a good idea, as we found later). Zak is driving as I've knocked back quite a few by now, and the road is covered by fog, with the white driving lights not really helping matters.

We pass a few vehicles navigating a fog, and soon cross a Bolero Camper patrol vehicle. They dont stop us, and we dont realize that this vehicle will one of the stars of the show later that night (2nd Show).

After driving a few kilometers down the road we spy a Scorpio heading towards us. Nobody is sure if its man's Scorp, so we call him as soon as we pass the vehicle. He is sure that he hasnt cross any other vehicle recently, definitely not a Safari. We're about to continue when I turn around & see a set of tail lights that seem to have stopped at one of the curves we've just passed. I realize it is him and ask Zak to turn back, and soon enough we stop the Scorpio and manoj comes out saying "There is no problem, everything is fine".

But this is what we see:

Name:  DSCN4779 Medium.JPG
Views: 498
Size:  43.4 KB

Name:  DSCN4780 Medium.JPG
Views: 504
Size:  83.1 KB

Manoj says "No problem the bumper is in the back of the car".

We drive back with Zak taking over the Scorp and A S H V I N driving the Safari (I'm still drunk and there's a police patrol on the way back). The Safari passes the patrol and soon we get a call from Zak saying they've been stopped. As we're about to turn back he calls back and says the cops have suddenly turned around and the patrol has disappeared.

We thought it was because of his Beard.

Still no sign of the scorp, so Ashvin and I turn back anyway. Soon we come across the scorp parked on the roadside with Zak bent over the fender. The vehicle wont turn to the left - the tyres are scraping against the bent crossmember.

We wonder how Manoj got this far. Maybe he didnt hear.

Soon we started 'Scorpio Bashing' in earnest, using THIS since we had no tools (A S H W I N has the Scorpio Bashing Video):

Name:  DSCN4781 Small.JPG
Views: 500
Size:  53.9 KB

Zak wasnt making much progress, so I decided to give vent to my allegedly anti-scorpio feelings with the same tool, giving it all I had with both hands

Thanks for the opportunity, Manoj. That felt quite good, and I decided to drive my truck back, asking A S H W I N to watch the scorp in the back.

To be continued.... most probably by Zak or someone else.

Last edited by Steeroid : 16th June 2008 at 11:25.
Old 16th June 2008, 11:39   #456
BHPian

The unreliable Safari was the star of things? I am waiting in anticipation for the whole story. My gut feeling is telling me it was a driver error and so I will not run to conclusions in my mind!

Steer, how did the Scorpio bashing feel?
Old 16th June 2008, 11:41   #457
Team-BHP Support

Oh sorry to hear that, good that no one was injured or anything. But what really happened that resulted in this?
Old 16th June 2008, 11:54   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Oh sorry to hear that, good that no one was injured or anything.
As it turned out, this was merely a curtain-raiser for the events that were to follow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
But what really happened that resulted in this?
I cannot comment since I wasnt in the car when this happened, and I really dont want to go down that road - what happened is over and the chapter is closed. Lets not speculate on what MAY have happened, as it serves no purpose. And besides, this wasnt really the event of the night.

Last edited by Steeroid : 16th June 2008 at 12:01.
Old 16th June 2008, 12:06   #459
Team-BHP Support

Oh man, the suspense is building up... can't wait to read what happened next. This is becoming better than a bollywood suspense thriller..

So what happens next?
Old 16th June 2008, 12:33   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Oh man, the suspense is building up... can't wait to read what happened next. This is becoming better than a bollywood suspense thriller..

So what happens next?

Lots happened. Perhaps someone else can fill in the details - I will suggest the following Titles for each sub-event:

1. Sticky Start - Monsoon D R I V E stickers all over Sarovaram

2. Sticky Tyres - Veelubhai downshifts inside a curve, leaving about 2 mm of Pilot Precedas on the State Highway

3. Ram_Hyundai Tanks up & his sister is asked to belt up

3 a. Ram_Hyundai is renamed Ramakrishna Poduval

3 b. Ram_Hyundai's ECU conks off after too much of the wrong fuel

4. We re-lay the Idukki Highway with Rubber & Ram's sister can D R I V E
Name:  SAN_0437 Medium.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  71.2 KB
5. The Hyundai Showroom opens in Kuttikanam, featuring 3 Peted Elantras.

6. Man gets the wrong Idea (featured 4 posts earlier)

7. Visits, whispered phone calls under blankets and Johnny Walker down the drain as Dreamland turns into a Nighmare

8. The Nighmare is for real! Featuring a bling Bolero Invader with flashy lights and a high-decibel SP install

9. 4 guys stay in a Government Guest House and are asked to leave after they drive the inmates nuts

10. And Finally - Some Expected Offroading

Last edited by Steeroid : 16th June 2008 at 12:38.
Old 16th June 2008, 12:48   #461
BHPian

He he, to bad we dont have pics for all the captions. Or do we?
Old 16th June 2008, 13:03   #462
Senior - BHPian

Default The Morning After - Scorpionic Hangover

A S H V I N gets an early morning workout!

Name:  IMG_8824 Medium.JPG
Views: 529
Size:  73.5 KB

Name:  IMG_8827 Medium.JPG
Views: 539
Size:  77.4 KB

Name:  IMG_8828 Medium.JPG
Views: 528
Size:  62.6 KB
Old 16th June 2008, 13:06   #463
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
He he, to bad we dont have pics for all the captions. Or do we?
Oh yes we do! Atleast for most of them. Let the story progress, then i'll tell about the morning trek!
Old 16th June 2008, 13:18   #464
Senior - BHPian

I am back in office,very busy now.It was a wonderfull trip and enjoyment to core.Missed some portion of it due to negligence from my side and which i would never forgive my life too.thanks a million to all who participated.
ram
Old 16th June 2008, 14:15   #465
Senior - BHPian

These guys had me in splits all the time yesterday night, with stories from the D R I V E! They sure had a real nice adventure ('nice' being a very relative word/feeling heh, heh), more than just a D R I V E.

I watched the Scorpio Bashing video, and believe me, the word that came to my mind was gangr@pe! One TBHPian after the other, that poor Scorpio got properly violated. Then people who had their turn came back and abused it a bit more.

There's also a photoset with KPZen/Getz/Bolero illustrating a very tender love scene. Pity, it will probably never get published here

I sure missed hat was probably the most eventful D R I V E in TBHP history! :(

Waiting for more photos.
Closed Thread