Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 17th June 2008, 18:02   #511
Senior - BHPian

I would like to add something here.This Dy sp took charge just a week ago and he wanted to impose his presence to the resort people the very same day that we were there.
ram
Old 17th June 2008, 18:15   #512
Senior - BHPian

Default A Bling Bolero, Midnight Safari and the Government Guest House!

As soon as the cops leave our room, we turn off the lights and I call Zak. I ask Ishaan to keep a watch at the window and let me know if they're returning to our room and inform Zak over the phone as to what has happened here.

The cops are still around and everything is very hush-hush. We cant hear much.

I tell Zak that these guys have inquired about the other resort, so ask everyone to go inside and turn off the lights. At least pretend to be asleep, as the chap may decide to visit them too.

After a while we hear an engine drive off and it sounds like a Mahindra. The Sumo is still inside the compound. Sometime later the Sumo drives off too and everything is quiet inside the resort. We check outside and Ishaan swears he can see some shadows moving about.

Cant be bothered to check and we're dead tired anyway. Call up Zak once more to say they've left from here and I crash again - he says that Ram_Hyundai has woken up from his evening burnout and is hungry, so they're getting him food. I told him once again to lie low and go to bed.

I'm too bloody tired to stay up anymore, my shoulders and forearms are hurting and my body is crying out for some rest.

I've hardly shut eye again when Ishaan pokes me once more. I'm pissed off and bark "What???" and this time the lights are off and he's motioning to me to keep quiet, passing the iPhone over.

Zak's on the other line.

"Steer the cops are here. They want to arrest us!"

"WHAT????"

There's pandemonium there. I can hear Hamad (MaserQ) shouting out something, the policeman responding, etc.

"He says this place doesnt have a bar license and we are consuming alcohol!"

"Nothing wrong with that. Tell them its our personal stock of alcohol and we're consuming our own stuff."

"He says there are too many bottles for it to be personal stock"

"Tell him there's 40 of us healthy males"

"Steer they're here with a busload of Armed Reserve police, a jeep of Vanitha Police"

The cop then asks him what he's upto and Zak says "Stay online" and I can then hear everything that's going on there - I realize he's kept the phone live on purpose and has probably dropped it into his pockets with the handsfree hung around his neck.

Zak - your hands are itching. Please take over from here!

Last edited by Steeroid : 17th June 2008 at 18:16. Reason: To add title
Old 17th June 2008, 19:16   #513

Have been waiting for Zak for eons. Man, this thread is hot now.
Old 17th June 2008, 19:26   #514
Senior - BHPian

please tell us what happened next?
a bus load of armed reserve police - holy thing!
Old 17th June 2008, 19:47   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post

please tell us what happened next?
a bus load of armed reserve police - holy thing!
Patience baba. There are guys who were there, who do not know the whole story (like me)
So let them tell the story properly

Last edited by srijit : 17th June 2008 at 19:49.
Old 17th June 2008, 20:43   #516
BANNED

Cool Ok, I give up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Hey! That trek happened to a very interesting location. And that had too much of eventful moments again.

Guys! No one is going to believe what an evening and a night we had. The morning was full of action too.
Last I heard, Steer was mentioning something going under the blanket. LOL!!
I had issued a warning earlier as you can see above. What I am going to explain further will definitely sound like our very own Ghai/Ramu/Sippy's movie storyline. But that is exactly what happened. LOL!

Oh no..... I have some unexpected guests here. You all will have to wait.
Old 17th June 2008, 20:58   #517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
I had issued a warning earlier as you can see above. What I am going to explain further will definitely sound like our very own Ghai/Ramu/Sippy's movie storyline. But that is exactly what happened. LOL!

Oh no..... I have some unexpected guests here. You all will have to wait.
I see the RGV effect already Zaakie
Old 17th June 2008, 21:15   #518
Senior - BHPian

While Zak gets the tadka sizzling, lets get the Dal cooked.

Still on the phone, I hear Zak telling the Dy SP that he doesnt drink so how can he for instance be held for this 'offence'.

The Dy SP replies "I dont know whether you drink or not. You can prove that in court"

Then he goes on to add "Some of your people have been found with women in the other resort"

At this statement Zak explodes and so does someone else (I was later informed that it was MaserQ) - they dare the Dy SP to prove what he just said and ask him not to make baseless allegations.

Hearing this, I quickly ask Ishaan to check if there are still cops outside - he goes towards the window and suddenly we hear the shuffle of feet near our door!

Ishaan freezes as he moves and slowly returns to the bed doing a Pink Panther crawl, moving one hand and one leg at a time in a slow, exaggerated movement. The lights are off and he doesnt want to switch them on.

We quietly whisper to each other "Shall we go down there and take a look?"

"No there are cops outside. They're probably waiting for us to make a move"

"Damn, we're not even REGISTERED as guests in this resort. They can actually come back and foist a case on us!"

"He can hold us for illegal possession of liquor just as he held them! Ishaan, get rid of that liquor!"

"HOW?"

"Pour it down the toilet and flush it, man. Then bring the bottle to me" (I'm still sitting in bed and listening to the conversation at the other resort)

Ishaan does the Pink Panther crawl once again in the dark, picks up the Black Label, crawls to the toilet and, with tears in his eyes, pours it down the drain. Returns and does likewise with the Bacardi.

Then he brings me the bottle and asks "Now what?"

"Get me a towel"

"WHAT?"

"Towel, re. I'm going to wipe the bottle clean and take off our fingerprints"

Ishaan - ""

I wipe the bottles and pass them over - Ishaan turns into the Pink Panther once again and deposits the two bottles in random corners of the room.

At the other end, Zak and Hamad had managed to put the Dy SP on the defensive after he opened his big mouth and put both his polished boots in. I tell Zak this guy is obviously after money because he's trying to nail you on technicalities, try and find out how much.

ABC says he has to put his shirt on and is sent to his room with two constables to watch him. As soon as he gets in, he shuts the door and asks the cops "How much to settle this right here right now?"

The cops say "Saar we are as sick of this as you are. We havent slept for 2 days - this Dy SP is new and has taken charge 2 days back. He is a pain and he is busy trying to stamp his authority - we have already raided 4 resorts today and will be raiding more. No sleep, saar. You come to the station, we will try and settle it there."

Zak says on the phone "They're taking ABC, XYZ, PQR and MNO to the station with them. I'm sending Rs.15k with them that I have on me, to try and settle it there. Once they settle it they will call us and we can pick them up. They're all carrying phones, but the problem is that they're all VERY drunk. The only thing is none of them have family with them."

I inform Ishaan and we debate going to the Police Station. Ishaan says 'not worth the risk. you step out of here and they can pull you in. lets wait till morning, ask someone from the other resort to walk here and check if there are cops standing outside, and THEN move'

I dial Zak again, and there are shadows outside the window. I quickly take the iphone to my ear so that the screen goes dark, grab a blanket and throw it over me and whisper into the phone:

"Zak - where are you?"

NO ANSWER!

Last edited by Steeroid : 17th June 2008 at 21:20.
Old 17th June 2008, 21:25   #519
Senior - BHPian

GAWD

I Missed all this!!! (My wife tells me I sleep within 30 seconds of my head hitting the pillow!)

We were at a lower level of the resort - almost a kind of basement - which is what would have cut the sound even further.

I am yet to see a useful cop who does his JOB!
Old 17th June 2008, 22:00   #520

That is the same question we have been asking for a while. Zak, where are you. Please continue the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
"Zak - where are you?"

NO ANSWER!
Old 17th June 2008, 22:06   #521
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
"He can hold us for illegal possession of liquor just as he held them! Ishaan, get rid of that liquor!"

"HOW?"

"Pour it down the toilet and flush it, man. Then bring the bottle to me" (I'm still sitting in bed and listening to the conversation at the other resort)

Ishaan does the Pink Panther crawl once again in the dark, picks up the Black Label, crawls to the toilet and, with tears in his eyes, pours it down the drain. Returns and does likewise with the Bacardi.

Then he brings me the bottle and asks "Now what?"

"Get me a towel"

"WHAT?"

"Towel, re. I'm going to wipe the bottle clean and take off our fingerprints"

Ishaan - ""
Oh boy! Have I been waiting for this post or what? This is what I do every time I hear this part narrated!
This has to be the highlight of the trip.
And I thought I was the stressed out/paranoid person.

@steer-if you handed the wiped bottles back to ishan, wouldn't he have got his fingerprints back on them?
I dont remember him wearing any gloves

It was awfully sporting of Ishan to play along.

One question- were you guys still drunk at that point?
Old 17th June 2008, 22:10   #522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
One question- were you guys still drunk at that point?
We were as drunk as you were asleep - ignorance is bliss.
Old 17th June 2008, 22:10   #523
Team-BHP Support

Yup ripper that was the whole idea so that steer could remove his prints off the bottles. lol. Good idea Steer. lol.
Old 17th June 2008, 22:14   #524
Team-BHP Support

i really liked the narration of pink panther story, had me in splits. Trip REALLY was eventful alrite!
Old 17th June 2008, 22:16   #525
BHPian

Ohh My God !!
Never new all these things were happening around me with in the 4 hours of my sleep..
Steer...COntinue please
Closed Thread