Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2008, 17:30   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,965
Thanked: 264 Times
Thumbs down

Such a lovely event and almost zero Team-BHP participation.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 17:51   #17
BHPian
 
neoranjit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 588
Thanked: 191 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Such a lovely event and almost zero Team-BHP participation.
Apparently not everyone who owns a maruti could partcipate. This was for a select bunch of people who were invited. ( cars that were past the 3rd free service or something like that ) .

I was told " its for A star " customers. Some Maruti terminology. If you can decode that, let me know
neoranjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 17:56   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,965
Thanked: 264 Times
Default

Sounds like a Maruti's "Crowd control" technique to me.
I would like Praveen's say on how he got to participate.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 19:11   #19
BHPian
 
gopinathann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 766
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Last year they did this rally for SX4 owners only where they have to complete the checkout point.
gopinathann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2008, 23:40   #20
BHPian
 
praveen_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 457
Thanked: 119 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
Apparently not everyone who owns a maruti could partcipate. This was for a select bunch of people who were invited. ( cars that were past the 3rd free service or something like that ) .

I was told " its for A star " customers. Some Maruti terminology. If you can decode that, let me know
No invite nothing. Maybe other participants were invited, but certainly not me,and a few that i know. I dont even own a Maruti car. Got hold of my friends car(2 weeks old swift, no service done) and went there. AFAIK no registration is required. I just went there, and they immediately rounded the car in the basement parking and stuck the numbers and gave decleration & participation forms. They didnt even ask me if i had come for the rally LOL.

But I do have to agree that there was not much promotion about this event. Maybe it's Maruti crowd control as nitrous mentioned!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Last year they did this rally for SX4 owners only where they have to complete the checkout point.
Last year they conducted the same rally as this year. They called it "Wheels of Fortune", and I went last time too.
praveen_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 16:28   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NYC/MAA
Posts: 1,300
Thanked: 121 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
No invite nothing. Maybe other participants were invited, but certainly not me,and a few that i know. I dont even own a Maruti car. Got hold of my friends car(2 weeks old swift, no service done) and went there. AFAIK no registration is required. I just went there, and they immediately rounded the car in the basement parking and stuck the numbers and gave decleration & participation forms. They didnt even ask me if i had come for the rally LOL.

But I do have to agree that there was not much promotion about this event. Maybe it's Maruti crowd control as nitrous mentioned!!

Last year they conducted the same rally as this year. They called it "Wheels of Fortune", and I went last time too.
Any photos?. My dad owns two Marutis and we got one serviced two weeks ago at Khivraj Motors. No one there mentioned anything about a rally!.
nickatnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2008, 17:30   #22
BHPian
 
praveen_v's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 457
Thanked: 119 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
Any photos?. My dad owns two Marutis and we got one serviced two weeks ago at Khivraj Motors. No one there mentioned anything about a rally!.
Yes nick, there was not much promotion for the event. I got the info through word of mouth from my friends neighbout who works for Khivraj. I have no idea how there were about 100 cars. Maybe they do some lucky draw and invite select people.
praveen_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vintage Car Rally at Wellington (near Coonoor). 1st June, 2013 h14 Vintage Cars & Classics in India 31 24th April 2015 13:49
MHMC-Vintage Car Rally Chennai March 1st 09 Jai3033 Vintage Cars & Classics in India 29 27th November 2012 12:44
Blind Rally in Chennai - 1st & 2nd March, 2008 nitrous Indian Motorsport 17 24th February 2009 07:24
honda city v-tec plus (june 2008 launch) or new honda city (Oct 2008 launch)? nnandi Sedans 16 28th October 2008 17:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:53.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks