Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 7th July 2008, 10:33   #181
BHPian

Great Meet....Great Pics....I will be uploading the link of Towing Video that i managed to capture shortly (when everybody was back at Swagath for Lunch).
theodore_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 10:40   #182
Senior - BHPian

thanks a lot sagar. The second photo is the one i liked. I am dreaming the same photo with my car in black. can anyone photoshop it?
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 10:40   #183
Team-BHP Support

Raj,

I owe you an explanation for breaking the Do Not Overtake Lead Car rule.
The Innova you were in was blocking my view.
ON a motorcycle I had to be carefull so as to avoid cow dung flying from under the tires.

The credit to making this trip a success is with Raj. I salute you. Great JOB.
Cheers.

Actually it was one of the pics you had uploaded earlier that was so stuck in my eyes that I had to see it.
I can resist everything except temptation.

Thanks.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 10:53   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
thanks a lot sagar. The second photo is the one i liked. I am dreaming the same photo with my car in black. can anyone photoshop it?

You Mean your Car in Black?

I l do it for you bro.....

Photoshop is on my hands...
naveen.kk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 10:55   #185
BHPian

Helluva day guys, Thanks to one and everyone who made this happen and made it to the meet. It was a pleasure to meet up with so many new friends. Damn I missed the fun you guys had in the previous meets, for am sure those were equally fun too.

No more missing meets for me, but shall try to add more to the list hereon.

My sincere thanks goes out to kutlee for graciously handing over the keys to his OHC. Guys, must tell you that I have become Fan # 1 of the OHC. Man she's a mean machine. Frankly speaking, for me, the highlight was being given the chance to test the real abilities of the car first hand on a highway,were I truly understood it's potential. Thanks once again kutlee.

I would also like to thank yashraj aka rider60 for having dropped us back home, which meant driving across the length of the city to the other side, after the meet.

Sagar, thanks for the wake up call, otherwise I might have messed up and missed this meet.

Avi, just one small correction yaar. The kid who was with Hillram all the time was my elder son Karan, who just fell in love with Ram's Sierra the moment he saw it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Following are the people who made it to the meet

8. Suren181 + Prabhu + Suresh ( BMW 525D TDS )

11. Hillram + Kid ( Tata Sierra )
Ram thanks a 2ton (for towing something close to 2 tons all of 40kms or so). Wonder if it was forethought, or so, for you having brought the Sierra yesterday with so many cars in your stable. Good for me though, thanks once again Ram, I owe you one.

Last edited by suren181 : 7th July 2008 at 11:13.
suren181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 10:59   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post

I will do it for you Mahesh...

I liked that picture a lot, and photoshop is some thing I use a lot...
naveen.kk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 11:09   #187
Senior - BHPian

Hey Suren..enjoyed giving your son a ride in my Sierra and can do it anytime he wants.
Enjoyed towing the beamer as it was a test to my driving skills too !!!
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 11:34   #188
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Avi, just one small correction yaar. The kid who was with Hillram all the time was my elder son Karan, who just fell in love with Ram's Sierra the moment he saw it
Opps my bad, there were so many people yesterday. I was bound to get confused!
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 11:54   #189
BHPian

Great pics. Waiting to see that towing video.

BTW, spotted this in front of Infosys today. Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-26970d1215356955hyderabadjuly2008monsoondrive060708nowupdatedpicsdsc_2688.jpg

I was in a red Chevy Spark and suddenly I saw this beauty overtaking me with "team-bhp.com" written behind. Tried to catch up but 'twas too fast for me :-). Who was it?
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 12:08   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post

BTW, spotted this in front of Infosys today. Attachment 27029

I was in a red Chevy Spark and suddenly I saw this beauty overtaking me with "team-bhp.com" written behind. Tried to catch up but 'twas too fast for me :-). Who was it?

thats Avinash, in this viva, his car is a younger brother of my car.

ravi where are you buddy i want you to upload the pics of my over sized wheeled beast doing the thing please!

all in all we all had the fun in this meet, i thank KKR2K2, RAVI@64BHP, RAVI KIRAN(from xbhp) for volunteering along with me, the last sunday to check out all these areas and we had a nice sort of trekking experience too!. and special thanks to raj for leading, managing and co-ordinating to make this meet a success!

it was a really nice drive though, with me being the tail car i was asked by many a village folk as to where these 10odd cars are heading to is there any film shooting going around?

there were a few eager to pose for the photos, and other curious and surprised looking folk as we passed through the country side with green fields hills and greenary all around!

i have been the tail end car till the end and watching the Beemer getting towed was a new experience as this thought me how to drive behind a car that is being towed and protect it from insane overtakers! so the next time i am such a situation i know what to do! my salutes to the sierra it was pulling the car like a bull and we still maintained 50-60kmph! now that the power of the beast!.

Last edited by rider60 : 7th July 2008 at 12:18.
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 12:11   #191
BHPian

Quote:

BTW, spotted this in front of Infosys today. Attachment 27029

I believe it belongs to our very own Mobike008 (Avi).....Pandeyji....Aapki Gaddi to Famous ho gayee!!
Old 7th July 2008, 12:22   #192

Dear BHPians,

This was one of the most best meets I always craved, and coincidentally it just happened on my second day of my new Verna. Definitely wheel spinning by Suren181 and Rider60 made my adrenaline rush and tempted, unlike kutlee, I couldn’t afford my new wheels for such testing.

As a newbie I could have never imagined that Hyderabadi team this big, till we all met each other. Thanks to Avi (aka mobike008) without him, I could have never known or be part of this team of great crazy go getters. Also my thanks are due for rest of BHPians who made me feel special in keeping my new bride at middle of the convoy which paraded throughout the roads of this drive- I could not stop being overwhelmed with a feeling of VIP passing a motorcade, and every passerby watched waving us with a gleam on their face & not to forgot all those vehicles coming from opposite side had to be pulled over by the side of road till all our crazy wheels passed.

Look forward for another great time. cheers:

Last edited by bblost : 27th October 2009 at 15:53. Reason: font tags removed
freakster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 12:26   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
thats Avinash, in this viva, his car is a younger brother of my car.
@ Rider60 - When you say "younger" do you mean by age of car (His car is Oct 2006, not sure of your make) or by power of car (well you have a K&N RE-950 and he has 'Peted' out his ride, so not sure which one gets the higher hand) or maybe your ages (Avi takes the lead here by default!) or by the size of Alloys (His ride sports 13 Inches while yours sport 15 Inchers! - In this case his car is younger)?
Old 7th July 2008, 12:42   #194
Senior - BHPian

these are my share of pictures and more to come.

the scenery was beautiful and so were the country folk!
i managed to click a couple.

i have always wanted to compare my car and avi's car to check out the condition and the way we have maintained them, well this time it was because i had 7% bigger tyres than the stock, the size is 195/60-R15.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dsc01449.jpg  

Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dsc01461.jpg  

Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dsc01452.jpg  

Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dsc01454.jpg  

Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dsc01456.jpg  

Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dsc01457.jpg  

Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dsc01468.jpg  

Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dsc01469.jpg  

Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dsc01470.jpg  

Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dsc01471.jpg  

rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 12:51   #195
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

BTW, spotted this in front of Infosys today.

Thanks for your compliments pal, that was me.

I saw you too this morning. I was coming from Microsoft and heading towards Madhapur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodore_ftw View Post
@ Rider60 - When you say "younger" do you mean by age of car (His car is Oct 2006, not sure of your make) or by power of car (well you have a K&N RE-950 and he has 'Peted' out his ride, so not sure which one gets the higher hand) or maybe your ages (Avi takes the lead here by default!) or by the size of Alloys (His ride sports 13 Inches while yours sport 15 Inchers! - In this case his car is younger)?
Well, he meant younger in terms of age of the car. Mine is Oct 2006. And, Yash's car is Jan 2006. Also, being younger it is way way faster than his viva

Last edited by mobike008 : 7th July 2008 at 12:59.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote