Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 7th July 2008, 12:53   #196
Senior - BHPian

here are some more pics last of i could shoot!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dsc01472.jpg  

Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dsc01473.jpg  

Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dsc01474.jpg  

Hyderabad July 2008 - Monsoon D R I V E on 06/07/08, Now updated with Pics-dsc01475.jpg  

rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 13:03   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Tried to catch up but 'twas too fast for me :-). Who was it?
Avi, definitely time for a change of tyres. If it's the 10k life that's still left in it that's bothering you, lets meet up some time soon and make them threadbare so you can look for a change. Whatsay buddy?
suren181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 13:12   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodore_ftw View Post
@ Rider60 - When you say "younger" do you mean by age of car (His car is Oct 2006, not sure of your make) or by power of car (well you have a K&N RE-950 and he has 'Peted' out his ride, so not sure which one gets the higher hand) or maybe your ages (Avi takes the lead here by default!) or by the size of Alloys (His ride sports 13 Inches while yours sport 15 Inchers! - In this case his car is younger)?

definitely by the car's age, his is oct 2006 and mine is jan 2006.

mine has 15k kms more than his car! and is well seasoned and at right stage for mods!
Old 7th July 2008, 13:18   #199
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Avi, definitely time for a change of tyres. If it's the 10k life that's still left in it that's bothering you, lets meet up some time soon and make them threadbare so you can look for a change. Whatsay buddy?
Ha Ha!. Not a bad idea, when do you want to do it?

As a matter of fact, after our short rip together on the highway where me and Solly touched over 150kmph, he too mentioned exactly the same thing. For your style of driving you need to invest in better rubber.

But, you see i already spent a great deal of moolah on the Pete Box, now the next thing on my mind is K&N Storm and i have to blame Rider60 for coaxing me every other day into going for it. So another Rs.10K!

After these performance upgrades, the need for a tyre change is much much higher. you know the reason

So probably need to control that urge of speeding for another 10K kms.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 13:32   #200
BHPian

Avi,

Wanted to test you Peted Viva, but time dint permit. Sure will have a short meet on our way back home.
naveen.kk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 13:48   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
thanks a lot sagar. The second photo is the one i liked. I am dreaming the same photo with my car in black. can anyone photoshop it?
I can Do it for you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
But, you see i already spent a great deal of moolah on the Pete Box, now the next thing on my mind is K&N Storm and i have to blame Rider60 for coaxing me every other day into going for it. So another Rs.10K!
Avi, Green cotton Storm is better than K&N Storm.

Thats my experience.

K&N works better in early morning and late night conditions. when the engine bay is cool. Once the engine is hot enough it works the other way.

Green cotton works better even if the engine bay is hot.
Old 7th July 2008, 13:51   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Ha Ha!. Not a bad idea, when do you want to do it?

As a matter of fact, after our short rip together on the highway where me and Solly touched over 150kmph, he too mentioned exactly the same thing. For your style of driving you need to invest in better rubber.

After these performance upgrades, the need for a tyre change is much much higher. you know the reason

So probably need to control that urge of speeding for another 10K kms.
i sure got you confused with the CAI part my bad for that, but after finishing my Home Work on the CAI both the performance and the prices i think the K&N APOLLO is the best bet for the beast!(its not kn storm its green cotton storm)

and if you still got DO$s then go for the REMUS END-CAN say about 15 to 20 grand! hahahah heheheh!

tyre upgrade i think you can peacefully get the 14" steel rims from hyundai and shod it with 185 profile michelins or yokos if budget is the constraint!

or you know the already better option!
Old 7th July 2008, 13:54   #203
Team-BHP Support

Avi,

just a friendly word.
Invest more on braking than speeding.

While Speeding is for the thrill.
Good braking power may save a life.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 14:04   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Avi,

just a friendly word.

unfortunately the only braking upgrade that can be done is changing to performance brake pads like EBCs and likes, we cant get any major ones correct!

thats that! dont worry the bigger rubber will improve the braking and the handling too so there shouldnt be any problems
Old 7th July 2008, 14:40   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakster View Post
I always craved, and coincidentally it just happened on my second day of my new Verna. Definitely wheel spinning by Suren181 and Rider60 made my adrenaline rush and tempted, unlike kutlee, I couldn’t afford my new wheels for such testing.[/FONT][/SIZE]
your post has many "edit", "font" stuff.
btw those dunlops are rally racing tyres. nothing can possibly happen (otherwise i would have already torn them apart!! ).
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 15:01   #206
BHPian

mobike008 ya it was a great meet.. loved the 150+kmph rip we had.. it was great funn.. loved the way my car handeled including the bumps. One small correction I was with there with my Cousin Sister and not my wife.. I'm still single atleast till december!!! I still feel you should invest on good tubless before you go for the filter change...
solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 15:02   #207
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Avi,

just a friendly word.

Thanks Imran. I reckon as yash said, better tyres will right away solve all problems, including the braking bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
i sure got you confused with the CAI part my bad for that, but after finishing my Home Work on the CAI both the performance and the prices i think the K&N APOLLO is the best bet for the beast!(its not kn storm its green cotton storm)

and if you still got DO$s then go for the REMUS END-CAN say about 15 to 20 grand! hahahah heheheh!

tyre upgrade i think you can peacefully get the 14" steel rims from hyundai and shod it with 185 profile michelins or yokos if budget is the constraint!

or you know the already better option!
Suren, see this what i was telling you about.

Yash, i am not going to receive your phone calls anymore

Let me take baby steps here dude. It's not that i don't have the $$$, it's just that there are so many other things apart from this passion to spend it on.

@Solly, yup it was awesome fun. Sorry about the mistaken identity!!!!

@Naveen, testing my viva, anytime dude

Last edited by mobike008 : 7th July 2008 at 15:08. Reason: Just saw solly and Naveen's post
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 15:10   #208
BHPian

Thats like a wise Business Analyst words....

I learnt from you brother...

Spend Every pound wise, and can be foolish in penny we loose in fuel....
Old 7th July 2008, 15:47   #209
BHPian

Seems like I missed out on a truck load of fun. Darn!!!

Anurag
anurag_p80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2008, 18:45   #210
BANNED

Wow! Amazing D R I V E ! !
I can see the joy by just looking at your faces.

Great effort and a well managed drive it seems. Put down a detailed pictorial na! Some nice wordings and pics are already here. More, more.
Thanks.

If it weren't for this wonderful forum, imagine how dry our lives would've been.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote