Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


View Poll Results: Safari owners which region are you from?
NORTH 9 18.00%
SOUTH 26 52.00%
EAST 4 8.00%
WEST 11 22.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2008, 18:02   #61
BHPian
 
JUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pune (Wish was in GOA)
Posts: 157
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Ok watching this thread!!

@ EL: you've got a driver now - no worries!
Looks like Chennai Kings are all sorted from the Conversations above. However, where are the others, Gurgaon, Delhi, Mumbai, Pune.

Turbanman, Godfather, Suman cmon guys.
JUDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2008, 18:07   #62
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NAMMA BENGALURU
Posts: 5,613
Thanked: 2,454 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
Hello All;

Me & Gowda79 are ready anywhere around 1500kms.

Happy to see so many responses. If people are driving from across India i am getting some weird Idea.

The idea is " Why dont we drive some Message to the world / India behind it?" Eg. Pollution Control, Education, Distributing Books / Old Clothes to the village people on the way, Driving Discipline, Dont Drink & Drive, Save Fuel , etc etc.

If we are driving some message we might get some sponsors also..

Guys just think on this, instead of just driving, lets drive with some motto, which can be helpful for others.

I am ready driving without any message also

Regards
Deepak
Messages to the public? Some thing like this we did with our Bengaluru Beetle Club.
Attached Images
    
PAVAN KADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2008, 21:50   #63
Senior - BHPian
 
Godfather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore / Atlanta
Posts: 1,387
Thanked: 65 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDA View Post

Turbanman, Godfather, Suman cmon guys.
I am in US guys.. That will be one long trip if i need to come.. lol

Goddy
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2008, 22:13   #64
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,254
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

My suggestion If people from all over india making it choose Amboli or Nagpur or any place which is middle of India ( south of Maharashtra, MP areas).

I suggest September is perfect month for such meets.

If you decide Karwar as place I can help you with attractions about what you can do there. I suggest Sirsi instead of Karwar because Sirsi is centre place where you can trekk, see wonderfull water falls, visit bird santury, old temples, beaches within 50km radius. Climate is wonderfull round the year.

Karwar or Sirsi or Murdeshwar I can help you to find good place to stay and eat.

Regards,

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2008, 23:29   #65
BHPian
 
bglsrini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 291
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Hi,

From - south(bangalore)
range - round trip @1200 to 1500 km.

I would like to start on thursday afternoon and back by sunday night and can go further with an extended public holiday if any.
bglsrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2008, 11:34   #66
BHPian
 
babureddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 185
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
If a consensus is not reached this can be looked at, because then the famililes will have no interest.

You are from: SOUTH - Bangalore

Range: within a single day, before sunset

PLACE: Open to options

DATE: Any Extended Weekend suits me + only weekend with additional holidays is also possible, provided dates are decided 2-3 weeks ahead.

Comments: None

South Travel Map is attached to bring out more options.
I am with dadu, if its for a day, would love to join
babureddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2008, 11:59   #67
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 448
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Juda: Thanks for taking the leadcheers:

This is a great idea, if it frutifies.
Oct / Nov ~ Diwali holidays is a good time. We all have some leave / holidays and works pressures usually takes a back seat. However all regular places are jam-packed with holiday crowd.

To use your format:
I am From: Pune
Range: 1500 / 2000 kms (any thing more will make the family mad. I like driving, they do not.
Place: How about Dandeli ? A place just south of Goa and far from the maddening crowd - BUT the drinking guys will be unhappy.
Date: As I mentioned above Diwali is okay - but away from the crowd please.
Comments:
We must remember that if we are to bring our families along they must also be entertained.
They are not interested in seeing us having a binge and forgetting all about them and anyway kids are not interested in seeing us play while they are lying idle.
kingshukt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2008, 12:02   #68
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 448
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDA View Post
This is how humpi works out for everybody..... check the chart.




Distance to Hampi:
Agra 1734 km 1075 miles
Aihole 124 km 77 miles
Badami 175 km 109 miles
Bangalore 364 km 226 miles
Belgaum 263 km 163 miles
Bellary 75 km 47 miles
Bijapur 235 km 146 miles
Calcutta 1786 km 1107 miles
Chennai 700 km 434 miles
Chittardurga 151 km 94 miles
Delhi 1940 km 1203 miles
Dharwad 181 km 112 miles
Goa (Madgaon) 312 km 193 miles
Gulbarga 673 km 417 miles
Gundakal 97 km 60 miles
Hubli 161 km 100 miles
Hyderabad 464 km 288 miles
Jaipur 1983 km 1229 miles
Kochi 888 km 551 miles
Madurai 798 km 495 miles
Mangalore 476 km 295 miles
Mumbai 831 km 515 miles
Mysore 501 km 311 miles
Pattadakal 199 km 123 miles
Pondicherry 669 km 415 miles
Thanjavur 790 km 490 miles
Tirupati 468 km 290 miles
Varanasi 1974 km 1224 miles
Vijayawada 593 km 368 miles
Vishakhapatnam 959 km 595 miles
Warangal 605 km 375 miles




Chennai - Thane National Highway (NH 4) and the Mangalore - Solapur National Highway (NH 13) connects Bangalore with Hampi (Hospet town). The road distances are shown both in kilometers and in miles.
Bangalore > Tumkur > Chitradurga > Hospet > Hampi.
Road distance from Hyderabad to Hampi .
Route 1: Hyderabad > Jadcherla > Raichur > Gangawati > Anegondi ( the north side of the ruins)
Route 2: Hyderabad > Jadcherla > Kurnool > Bellary > Hospet > Hampi
Route 3: Hyderabad > Jadcherla > Kurnool > Gooty > Bellary > Hospet > Hampi
Hey Juda, You are from Pune and you forgot to map the distance from Pune
kingshukt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2008, 13:05   #69
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,819
Thanked: 1,440 Times
Default

From prior experience, long-term plans for a meet involving people from different locations do not work. The excitement fizzles out after a couple of weeks of planning.

If you want to meet, fix up a two-week timeframe and just do it. All this planning-shanning nahin chalta. Apologies for throwing a cold towel on you guys, but thats just the way it is.

Last edited by Steeroid : 18th July 2008 at 13:06.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2008, 14:12   #70
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,652
Thanked: 242 Times
Default

here, Do not keep planning for long, think, plan & implement within few weeks or a month at max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
From prior experience, long-term plans for a meet involving people from different locations do not work. The excitement fizzles out after a couple of weeks of planning.

If you want to meet, fix up a two-week timeframe and just do it. All this planning-shanning nahin chalta. Apologies for throwing a cold towel on you guys, but thats just the way it is.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2008, 14:22   #71
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 448
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
here, Do not keep planning for long, think, plan & implement within few weeks or a month at max.
In which case, this project has to kept in cold-storage for a month or two since , most of the members indicate the period of September / October
kingshukt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2008, 15:00   #72
BHPian
 
JUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pune (Wish was in GOA)
Posts: 157
Thanked: 0 Times
Default To expedite Planning!

I think SOUTH has taken the POLL with 8 Beast Owners ready. So Southerners please post your preference for the Place and we can have a new POLL around this ASAP - if need be else just let us know what you decide. That should get us zeroed in on the PLACE by coming week and we could start to decide hotels/resort/park etc around the place which wins all VOTES.

[Note: This is to choose a place which you'll think everyone can make it to, it does not mean that it "has" to be in the south, it can be, only if you'll think others can make it as well.]

Thanks.
JUDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2008, 15:14   #73
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,652
Thanked: 242 Times
Default

My preference : GOA

Why ?? :

- Comfortable driving distance from Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad, Bangalore (major cities). I know its a bit far for the Delhiites and difficult for West Bengal.

- By the time we finalize it will be Off-season in GOA, means less crowded beaches, better enjoyment.

- Cheap Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDA View Post
I think SOUTH has taken the POLL with 8 Beast Owners ready. So Southerners please post your preference for the Place and we can have a new POLL around this ASAP - if need be else just let us know what you decide. That should get us zeroed in on the PLACE by coming week and we could start to decide hotels/resort/park etc around the place which wins all VOTES.

[Note: This is to choose a place which you'll think everyone can make it to, it does not mean that it "has" to be in the south, it can be, only if you'll think others can make it as well.]

Thanks.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2008, 15:28   #74
BHPian
 
JUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pune (Wish was in GOA)
Posts: 157
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
My preference : GOA

Why ?? :

- Comfortable driving distance from Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad, Bangalore (major cities). I know its a bit far for the Delhiites and difficult for West Bengal.

- By the time we finalize it will be Off-season in GOA, means less crowded beaches, better enjoyment.

- Cheap Liquor
Yes, I love the place its a yearly ride to GOA for me. I have already been there this Year but not with 19 Safaris. This time I will

Also, I asure we can get fab deals with 5 stars this time of the year and also we have a contact that can get us better than best deals so I guess GOA is the best candidate so far.

Dadu, if 8 southerners agree we have a winner in GOA.

Request southerners to second this (if they want) or suggest an alternative. Notherners please pour in your discussion over GOA as a potential candidate.

If all goes well we can celebrate Gandhiji's B'day in GOA [Can be made a long weekend]

Cheerio!
JUDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2008, 15:45   #75
BHPian
 
Dieselone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 60
Thanked: 0 Times
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDA View Post
Yes, I love the place its a yearly ride to GOA for me. I have already been there this Year but not with 19 Safaris. This time I will

Also, I asure we can get fab deals with 5 stars this time of the year and also we have a contact that can get us better than best deals so I guess GOA is the best candidate so far.

Dadu, if 8 southerners agree we have a winner in GOA.

Request southerners to second this (if they want) or suggest an alternative. Notherners please pour in your discussion over GOA as a potential candidate.

If all goes well we can celebrate Gandhiji's B'day in GOA [Can be made a long weekend]

Cheerio!
Hi guys I second Goa. Oct 2nd -Thursday-national holiday, Friday take chutti, Sat, Sun. It sounds perfect.
Dieselone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boys never grow up; They just get older and their toys more expensive. My Duke 390! AMG_ang Motorbikes 19 26th October 2015 15:00
to BOYS with TOYS !!! ROADSTER 4X4 Introduce yourself 3 30th May 2009 21:16
First Big Boys Toys Show - Abu Dhabi Pics wasif The International Automotive Scene 17 7th May 2009 19:19
Boys Toys... nevertouchme The International Automotive Scene 4 16th April 2006 16:47
Boys'Toys - history channel sid_lath Shifting gears 4 24th September 2004 02:38


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:23.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks