Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


View Poll Results: Pre / Post Independence day meet ?
I'm in for the 8th August - the quicker the better 8 32.00%
Nah, Make it on the weekend - 9th August 6 24.00%
First friday post Independence day - 22nd August 0 0%
No way, has to be Saturday - 23rd August 0 0%
I'm in for any of these days 5 20.00%
Count me out buddies 6 24.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2008, 10:21   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
suman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
I don't know y but am getting vibes, that this 'meat' might not happen.
Hmmm, well let me be frank - I liked Storm & did agree with quite a few of the others that it would be a good idea to have the next meet there. They gave damn good service the last time around (considering that we descended on them without any prior notice) & the price was VFM given the space & the ambience.

Now, if this meet is going to go into a Saturday & we're talking about a "Pay as you go" - well guys, as Shashank mentioned, there are a few hundred places we can go to & I have quite a few of that hundred much closer to my house. With extended Happy Hours that I can partake of without having to drive 25 kms to South Delhi (that's 45 minutes of driving each way, translates to time for another 2 + 2 pegs) on a Saturday.

......I hope that makes sense to all my mates, do let me know in case I need to elaborate further.
suman is offline  
Old 30th July 2008, 11:48   #47
BHPian
 
krazydriver84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kolkata + Gurgaon
Posts: 427
Thanked: 42 Times
Default People JAAGO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Hmmm, well let me be frank - I liked Storm & did agree with quite a few of the others that it would be a good idea to have the next meet there. They gave damn good service the last time around (considering that we descended on them without any prior notice) & the price was VFM given the space & the ambience.

Now, if this meet is going to go into a Saturday & we're talking about a "Pay as you go" - well guys, as Shashank mentioned, there are a few hundred places we can go to & I have quite a few of that hundred much closer to my house. With extended Happy Hours that I can partake of without having to drive 25 kms to South Delhi (that's 45 minutes of driving each way, translates to time for another 2 + 2 pegs) on a Saturday.

......I hope that makes sense to all my mates, do let me know in case I need to elaborate further.

If we are to have a meet with a package deal then it should be at STORM. As far as my understanding goes, the deal we are getting for 750 is not bad. its actually VFM, considering the venue. and as Suman pointed out that if we were to have a package deal there are 100's of places where we can go anytime anywhere!

So guys, please buck up and start pouring your thoughts in, so that we can finalize this place.

Suman: I would request you or one of the senior members to bulk PM all the NCR members once again. (would have done it had I the allowed limit)
krazydriver84 is offline  
Old 30th July 2008, 12:01   #48
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,852
Thanked: 15,407 Times
Default

8-9th weekend is definitely out since in all probablity I'll be far away from Delhi.
Ditto for 15th, I guess its best to move it to the weekend after independence day
tsk1979 is offline  
Old 30th July 2008, 12:11   #49
BHPian
 
krazydriver84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kolkata + Gurgaon
Posts: 427
Thanked: 42 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
8-9th weekend is definitely out since in all probablity I'll be far away from Delhi.
Ditto for 15th, I guess its best to move it to the weekend after independence day
Tanveer: A quick question for you, How come whenever we have a 'meat' you are always out? Are you allergic to the 'meat'?
krazydriver84 is offline  
Old 30th July 2008, 19:03   #50
Distinguished - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,582
Thanked: 3,244 Times
Default

He sure isnt a garib veg teetotaller like me!
phamilyman is offline  
Old 30th July 2008, 21:29   #51
Team-BHP Support
 
tsk1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22,852
Thanked: 15,407 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
Tanveer: A quick question for you, How come whenever we have a 'meat' you are always out? Are you allergic to the 'meat'?
What can I do. I am not in Delhi on most weekends
I am allergic to vegetarian food BTW
tsk1979 is offline  
Old 31st July 2008, 07:28   #52
BHPian
 
krazydriver84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kolkata + Gurgaon
Posts: 427
Thanked: 42 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
What can I do. I am not in Delhi on most weekends
I am allergic to vegetarian food BTW
Don't worry Tanveer, we serve Non-Veg as well. Since some of us are Carnivores here You'll have company
krazydriver84 is offline  
Old 31st July 2008, 12:18   #53
Distinguished - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,582
Thanked: 3,244 Times
Default

Some? January was most!!

bakar aside, the final dates?
phamilyman is offline  
Old 4th August 2008, 09:59   #54
BHPian
 
krazydriver84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kolkata + Gurgaon
Posts: 427
Thanked: 42 Times
Default

Ok guys, on a serious note. What is the conclusion we are at?

Is this meet happening or not because I see no enthusiasm for this meet.
krazydriver84 is offline  
Old 4th August 2008, 16:16   #55
BHPian
 
ankitahuja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Gurgaon & Delhi
Posts: 886
Thanked: 46 Times
Default

Sorry guys, I'm out of town on the 8th, if the meet is happening on the 9th, I can most probably make it then.

Apologies again!
ankitahuja is offline  
Old 6th August 2008, 09:01   #56
BHPian
 
Shashank.A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 479
Thanked: Once
Default

It seems that package deal is not working this time.

I guess lets call for pay as you go meetup...so who all are in.
Shashank.A is offline  
Old 6th August 2008, 11:20   #57
BHPian
 
krazydriver84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kolkata + Gurgaon
Posts: 427
Thanked: 42 Times
Default

My 1st doubt is how many wil be there for the meet??
I don't see it happening this weekend definitely
krazydriver84 is offline  
Old 6th August 2008, 11:41   #58
BHPian
 
Shashank.A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 479
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
My 1st doubt is how many wil be there for the meet??
I don't see it happening this weekend definitely
whats there to doubt about ? you only tell us your availability.
Shashank.A is offline  
Old 6th August 2008, 11:56   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
ashthedivx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,351
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

I am available anyhow !! However, "Pay as you go" seems to be a better option, we can have a small meet too.
ashthedivx is offline  
Old 6th August 2008, 12:00   #60
BHPian
 
raj_aryan4411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DELHI
Posts: 42
Thanked: Once
Default

I m in for 8th.

So what's the plan as of now, are we having any meet on this weekend.??
raj_aryan4411 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Independence Day Meet @ GOA : (MH-TN-KL-KA-GA-AP) SedatedDrive The Team-BHP Meet Section 74 31st July 2013 17:40
Riders on a Storm tsk1979 Travelogues 153 5th November 2009 20:47
Inter-State Goa Meet : Aug 16th, Independence Day Week-end mobike008 The Team-BHP Meet Section 256 21st August 2008 18:08
How we took "Polka" by "Storm"...or, the 2-in-1 NCR Monsoon Meet Shashank.A The Team-BHP Meet Section 62 12th July 2008 13:33
Independence Day Drive / Meet - Mumbai-Pune normally_crazy The Team-BHP Meet Section 152 16th August 2007 16:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks