Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Which weekend is best for you for a Pondy drive/meet ?
Weekend of 9-10th August. 6 20.69%
Weekend of 30-31st August. 23 79.31%
Weekend of 6-7th September. 10 34.48%
Other dates (Please specify). 1 3.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6th August 2008, 13:55   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

That's quite some difference in distance.
In which case, I guess it is better that Blore guys come direct to Pondy instead of touching Chennai.

This brings us to the next question. What time do we all intend to meet up at Pondy on Saturday ie. check-in time at hotel ? Options being :
a) Leave after lunch at 2PM or so from Chennai and reach Pondy early evening (5PM or so).
b) Leave Chennai at 4PM or so to reach Pondy by 7PM or so.
c) Any other options ?

@pho3n!x, would you be joining this meet on 30-31Aug ? Asking because you voted for the other 2 date options and not for this one ? And will we be seeing your Getz-CRDi burning rubber on the ECR for this meet ?

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 6th August 2008 at 13:58.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 14:56   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
@pho3n!x, would you be joining this meet on 30-31Aug ? Asking because you voted for the other 2 date options and not for this one ? And will we be seeing your Getz-CRDi burning rubber on the ECR for this meet ?
I definitely would be - only thing that can stop is that my mom is not keeping well, and i had to step out of a Banglore trip 2 weeks back because of that... I am in, and if I have an update will definitely let you / Neo know well in advance. (The only reason for the dates i selected is because those dates were the first weekends of the month )

And I hope I would have the pocket-rocket to burn the ECR down too - been in the making for too long a time now!
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 16:22   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

OK. So adding pho3n!x, it makes 12 confirmed from Chennai + 2 from Blore. Plus possibility of Rahulkook, madan80 & Saiyan.

iraghava has tentatively confirmed his presence - will confirm next week. And if he comes, there could be some mallu-tbhp-ian(s) also joining. Looks like it would be a good meet.

@phoenix, would be nice to see a Getz-D in action. Sincerely hope you get it before the drive. You already booked it and awaiting delivery ?
Old 6th August 2008, 16:24   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@phoenix, would be nice to see a Getz-D in action. Sincerely hope you get it before the drive. You already booked it and awaiting delivery ?
Plannin' on draggin' ?
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 16:47   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Naah. Would leave that to the official Chennai dragger headers. LOL.

BTW, he seems to be unusually silent on the forum for some days now. Busy preparing for the Palar challenge in mid-Aug I guess.
Old 6th August 2008, 16:55   #81
BHPian

Biju,

Dont' count me in. I have a couple of weddings to attend in Pollachi that weekend. Both invitations came in only early this week spoiling my dreams of the Pondy trip with you guys.
Mission_Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 17:13   #82
BHPian

Folks, the best plan to me, is that you all, bangalore and chennai guys, meet in pondy itself. if the bangalore people start early morning, they can reach pondy by late afternoon, maximum by 2 pm, so they can rest, have lunch, and wait for you, chennai folks, who will be coming by 5 pm, to pondy. why do the bangalore folks, drive to chennai, and then to pondy, which is a waste of some 150 kms, as the direct road to pondy from bangalore, via hosur, krishnagiri, tiruvannamalai, tindivanam will be only 300 kms - a 6 hours drive, if driven leisurely.

do you guys serious about the drag race ? if so, let me investigate the good location for such a race, in a good, long road, with no traffic. there are some roads like that, near pondicherry, like the stretch from marakkanam bypass to koonimedu, in the ECR, which is open, wide, clear, and very very less traffic in early mornings.

any offroad excursions, you plan, will also make the meet, memorable, folks. please....
shekaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 17:19   #83
Senior - BHPian

Booked it, and not takin delivery - a few, ummm, planning backfires - will talk over the 'drinks
ph03n!x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 17:33   #84
BHPian

Quote:
@Saiyan, I think bottle is confirmed. Not sure if Rahulkool wants to do an overnighter or just a day drive & back on Sunday.
Hi, well count me in if bottle comes
Saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 18:17   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari
Dont' count me in. I have a couple of weddings to attend in Pollachi that weekend. Both invitations came in only early this week spoiling my dreams of the Pondy trip with you guys.
Hmm. Already a drop-out. Well, there will always be a next time.

BTW, your mentioning 'Pollachi' gives me an idea about where we could have our next meet. It is a nice place and can be a good venue for a tri-state meet involving Kerala, TN and K'taka. Not sure how far it would be for AP guys.

Or even Valparai, another awesome place. And with these meet destinations, I am sure neoranjit will be grinning from ear-to-ear, given the driving distance involved.
Old 6th August 2008, 18:31   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Hmm. Already a drop-out. Well, there will always be a next time.

BTW, your mentioning 'Pollachi' gives me an idea about where we could have our next meet. It is a nice place and can be a good venue for a tri-state meet involving Kerala, TN and K'taka. Not sure how far it would be for AP guys.

Or even Valparai, another awesome place. And with these meet destinations, I am sure neoranjit will be grinning from ear-to-ear, given the driving distance involved.
Yes if that works out , that will be the mother of all meets. Atleast on the headcount front.
Mission_Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 19:00   #87
Senior - BHPian

As of now I am confirmed though I hope nothing comes up between now and the end of the month to throw in a monkey into my plans

Preference for rooms would be deluxe since its only one nights stay but if thats not available put me in for super deluxe. Same for Saiyan.

Do pm me if any money needs to be transferred.

Another preference would be to start in the day time since like every other myopic person I find it a bit hard to see at night
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 19:10   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

@bottle, agree with the "starting during the day part" and not only because we are all getting older, but also because it is more fun and safe to drive during the day. And the ECR is not exactly a good road to drive after dark.
Old 6th August 2008, 23:07   #89
BHPian

Quote:
How did you know ?
neoranjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2008, 23:12   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

@SB, who are the Bangalore guys who have confirmed ?
condor is offline   Reply With Quote