Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: My Favourable location is
Hills 10 25.64%
Dams 4 10.26%
Coffee point 2 5.13%
Anything is OK 23 58.97%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 4th August 2008, 18:34   #31
Senior - BHPian

Ok, seeing the response of poll(I know its quite early, but...), I think everyone is desparate for a meet. Almost 50% (as of now) voted for "anything is ok, but need to meet"

Lets plan it like this as dadu suggesstions. Will start the plan as following,

Duration: 1 day.
Date: 9th or 10th Aug.
Venue: Lepakshi (2nd highest vote is for hilly area)

I see atleast 2 person who are interested in Lepakshi. So, lets keep it as the venue. Since 50% are ok to meet anywhere, this should be good.

Friends who are not interested in this plan can give your feedback. If the "NO" is more than "OK", then we need to have a short coffee meet this weekend to have this meet dates & venue confirmed. Double dhamaka.

P.S. This poll/thread was started to have the meet on this weekend. So, this poll will be automatically closed by 11th.
Next week is a long weekend and so many may have planned already for going out with family or planned to be home - cautious about the security issues on Independance day.
Old 4th August 2008, 19:02   #32
Senior - BHPian

Any place is ok with me as long as it is not Nandi Hills.
Old 4th August 2008, 19:43   #33
Senior - BHPian

3-4 ppl are also eager for lukeskywalker's offer, but where is he.

Luke!!
Old 4th August 2008, 23:33   #34
BHPian

Default manchinebele reservoir

How about this place. Only 50Kms from bangalore. Cool breeze, wide open spaces and a fresh water lake on the menu.

On the bad side,
No restaurant or place for food. have to carry your own food,coffee and drinks.

On the good side,
Meeting place + water sports (have seen someone windsurfing) + fishing + scenic drive + near to bangalore + country side + not so bad roads + near to savandurga( can see the big hill in the background 1st photo) and the list goes on ...

Had done this last week, just a suggestion.

regards,
krishna
Attached Images

Old 5th August 2008, 00:02   #35
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, sorry was out so did not see the post.
If you ppl want to take up on my offer, I'd be pleased to arrange it, the destination would be a max of 20 kms from the heart of Bangalore, I have my breeder farm there, but that of course would be out of bounds due to bio security reasons, but I see no harm in having a get together in the surrounding area which is even better than in my farm itself.
The idea is to hang out together, meet and have a good time rather than spend most of the outing driving.
If someone could co-ordinate with me and get people to participate, then we'll make it happen.
There are good possibilities of a small off roading event too as there are lots of places in the vicinity.
I could probably even arrange for a tractor so we can try out our driving skills.
One problem would be food and drink, as there are no hotels nearby, but that can be easily solved if we agree to carry stuff to the location.
I'm game if you guys are.
Regards,
Hari.

Last edited by Lukeskywalker : 5th August 2008 at 00:03.
Old 5th August 2008, 00:18   #36
Senior - BHPian

Some pics to give you an idea what one can expect:

Name:  p1010019 Medium.JPG
Views: 172
Size:  76.6 KB

Name:  p1010023 Medium.JPG
Views: 166
Size:  82.6 KB

Name:  p1010030 Medium.JPG
Views: 173
Size:  83.6 KB

I meant the surroundings and not the goons in the pics.
Old 5th August 2008, 06:46   #37
Senior - BHPian

@kittigadu: Welcome to T-BHP. You had put one more tempting offer on the plate. Umm.

@Luke: Where is this place? Some more picture about the actual location would help us to decide I guess.

Lets confirm the venue before 7th Aug.
Old 5th August 2008, 07:47   #38
Senior - BHPian

I agree to Lukeskywalker's place, if that can be arranged on a saturday, nothing like it. I can also make it. Sunday is tight for me...

We can plan the lunch at some resort / hotel in Yelahanka while returning.

Abhi
Old 5th August 2008, 08:14   #39
Senior - BHPian

Lukeskywalker's suggested place on 9th August 2008.
Current voters [handle(location)]
* Lukeskywalker
* snaronikar
* Happywheels
* akroy (Kagadasapura)
* sajands
* btirthankar
* Dadu

And I see 4 or 5 more people ready for any place this weekend(infact 11 members voted for anyplace). I have not listed them here now. I would like them (and above) to confirm if they are ok with the above plan.

I also like to add the location of the people so it would help others to hop in if possible.
Old 5th August 2008, 08:53   #40
Team-BHP Support

Any place is fine with me. -- except NANDI hills :-(
Old 5th August 2008, 08:59   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
* Lukeskywalker
* snaronikar
* Happywheels
* akroy (Kagadasapura)
* sajands
* btirthankar
* Dadu

And I see 4 or 5 more people ready for any place this weekend(infact 11 members voted for anyplace). I have not listed them here now. I would like them (and above) to confirm if they are ok with the above plan.

I also like to add the location of the people so it would help others to hop in if possible.
* anujmishra

Please add my name also, I am ok now with any place as long as it is outing for one day.
Old 5th August 2008, 09:37   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@kittigadu: Welcome to T-BHP. You had put one more tempting offer on the plate. Umm...
True. KittiGadu, that is a very interesting spot. Even with the drawbacks mentioned a 'Bring-everything-yourself' kind of picnic is best suited here!

And I also see some open landscape which can be used for some test drives. Am I right, KittiGadu?

Quote:
...@Luke: Where is this place? Some more picture about the actual location would help us to decide I guess...
Luke, please post some photos of the location. Would help us do a comparison and decide.
Old 5th August 2008, 09:49   #43
BHPian

Default Suggestions?

Quote:
* Lukeskywalker
* snaronikar
* Happywheels
* akroy (Kagadasapura)
* sajands
* btirthankar
* Dadu

I like the place, but how about somewhere where there are ghat roads and a vantage point and good opp for photography?

It will be great as our mod- RS will also join then after hearing 'photoactivity' opportunity

So whosoever wants to booze will booze and who wants to shoot will shoot and who wants to burn rubber will be able to do so.
Old 5th August 2008, 09:55   #44
Senior - BHPian

Hi Team,

hi btirthankar, ideal place for that would be Nandhi hills its really good spot only issue right now is most of the members have already visited but still one can try this.

I have seen manchanbele Dam long time back, roads are not so good but managable these days I feel because they had put new tarr recently. Its quiet good place and I advise people in group must visit here because its really outside the City and one should be carefull about safety. I have taken family people in omni more than 5 years back. One can take lot of photos there. Nrarby BIG Banyan tree is there and also one can see rock blasting.

About Luke's suggestion I welcome that too it appears good place as well

Any one among these two I am ready for that.

Regards,

Ravi.

PS I suggest let it be on this saturday, Family meet, either Manchanbele Damm or Luke's place.

Also tomorrow is Nagar Panchami Festival, If everyone has holiday lets plan for tomrrow itself.

Last edited by ravibhat : 5th August 2008 at 10:15.
Old 5th August 2008, 10:06   #45
Senior - BHPian

As others has suggested, lets freeze on the date, venue, family/individuals meet. IMO, with so many posts flying around, will certainly help clear some confusion.
Closed Thread