Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2008, 13:18   #106
BHPian
 
jassi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 980
Thanked: 11 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuav View Post



BomBatt,

We were in forum till the evening too


I was (with my friends who came to the meet) in forum for the 7pm dark knight show too
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 13:42   #107
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,818
Thanked: 1,439 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
and this certainly not offtopic as the canine bhpians were very much part of the meet
Okay so the lack of Mods and D Bhpians was made up by the presence of 2 active CBHPians.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 13:58   #108
BHPian
 
PatchyBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 822
Thanked: 1,187 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
@ Rajan Uncle & Suzane Aunty : My gf is in love with your kids. Been asking me to get her a pup ever since. I might have to do with paying you guys a visit soon for a photo session with the two pups and her. Hope its not too much of a trouble.
Welcome anytime Rahul Uncle

Cheers,

Rajan
PatchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 14:01   #109
BHPian
 
PatchyBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 822
Thanked: 1,187 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Okay so the lack of Mods and D Bhpians was made up by the presence of 2 active CBHPians.
Bow wow wow bow.

Thats my kids saying thanks for the new status

Cheers,
Rajan
PatchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 14:11   #110
BHPian
 
jassi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 980
Thanked: 11 Times
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Bow wow wow bow.

Thats my kids saying thanks for the new status

Cheers,
Rajan
i would certainly like to see more k9bhpians on future meets
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 15:58   #111
Senior - BHPian
 
Lukeskywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,396
Thanked: 1,148 Times
Default

Quote:
Did mcl do a drift or talk about Yokos for the tractor?
No, he didn't. But what he did instead was change gears from first to second on the tractor as if he was in one of the speed runs, I had to assure a very worried tractor owner that his machine was in capable hands and not to be taken in by the size of the driver.

@ Rajan

The pic of your kids sums up the amount of fun we all had.

Last edited by Lukeskywalker : 11th August 2008 at 16:00.
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 17:17   #112
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,652
Thanked: 242 Times
Default

Thats encouraging enough, keep me informed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Dadu, you start coming to OTR's and you will realize what a 4x2 can do in capable hands. Some of fellow jeepers come in MM540 2WD and are able to do 'most' of the terrain except a few technical stretches.

Bring out your bull to the OTR's and you will yourself be surprised at the capabilities of your machine.
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 18:11   #113
Team-BHP Support
 
khan_sultan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,631
Thanked: 2,947 Times
Default SOS: Need Help

Folks,

Need you help to bring sanity back at my house.

My wifey has gone through this thread and is very upset with me on various counts.
  • I was not carrying the camera and did not shoot a video/pictures of her doing off-roading -- especially the part where she climbed that hillock in the Gypsy with 6-8 people on board. Her grudge is about what use is the camera if we did not take it there
  • No one else took pictures of that moment where she has managed to climb the hillock in the Gypsy and the wheels of the Gypsy are in the air.
My attempts of showing here pictures where it can be seen have been futile. She wanted to see pictures where it can be clearly seen that she is in the drivers seat.

Please, if any of you has managed to get some pictures of my wifey driving the gypsy up the hillock, please send them to me or post them here.

PS: This was her first attempt at off-roading and hence this strange request.

Cheers,
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 18:17   #114
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,818
Thanked: 1,439 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Need you help to bring sanity back at my house.
You must be in so much trouble to post this!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
She wanted to see pictures where it can be clearly seen that she is in the drivers seat.
We now know who is in the driver's seat at home
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 18:18   #115
BHPian
 
jassi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 980
Thanked: 11 Times
Wink

boy you are so screwed i took the gypsy shot the first time as I was right there. But when your wifey went in, I was near the tractor and I knew at that moment that I have missed woman offroading history

nopes - just checked all 162 pics I have - no sign of that moment - I am sorry man - no dinner for you next few days i guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Folks,

Need you help to bring sanity back at my house.

My wifey has gone through this thread and is very upset with me on various counts.
  • I was not carrying the camera and did not shoot a video/pictures of her doing off-roading -- especially the part where she climbed that hillock in the Gypsy with 6-8 people on board. Her grudge is about what use is the camera if we did not take it there
  • No one else took pictures of that moment where she has managed to climb the hillock in the Gypsy and the wheels of the Gypsy are in the air.
My attempts of showing here pictures where it can be seen have been futile. She wanted to see pictures where it can be clearly seen that she is in the drivers seat.

Please, if any of you has managed to get some pictures of my wifey driving the gypsy up the hillock, please send them to me or post them here.

PS: This was her first attempt at off-roading and hence this strange request.

Cheers,
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 18:21   #116
Team-BHP Support
 
khan_sultan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,631
Thanked: 2,947 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
We now know who is in the driver's seat at home
You bet. secret to a happily married life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
boy you are so screwed i took the gypsy shot the first time as I was right there. But when your wifey went in, I was near the tractor and I knew at that moment that I have missed woman offroading history ... I am sorry man - no dinner for you next few days i guess

Yes guys, you can afford a laugh at my expense.

Any one out there..?????

Or as Dilip Kumar said in the Movie Mashaal:

"Arre Bhai Koi Hai..." :-)

Last edited by khan_sultan : 11th August 2008 at 18:23.
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 18:23   #117
Senior - BHPian
 
Lukeskywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,396
Thanked: 1,148 Times
Default

@ Shahnawaz

I was literally kicking myself for not having been there when
1) You took that incline on two wheels after many attempts
2) When your wife did the same with screaming passengers in the rear in the very first attempt.

In fact I was ruing that even today with Murthy the tractor owner.

Hope some other shutterbug has captured the moment.
If not, you are always welcome for another round of climbing with videos and still photography included.

Cheers,
Hari.

P.S.
Latest news is that some of the villagers are feeling bad they missed out on all the fun, they would have liked to view the whole spectacle I believe.
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 18:27   #118
Team-BHP Support
 
khan_sultan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,631
Thanked: 2,947 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
@ Shahnawaz

1) You took that incline on two wheels after many attempts
2) When your wife did the same with screaming passengers in the rear in the very first attempt.
Exactly..!!! You hit the nail on the head. You don't know how many times I have heard this one at home from my wifey . She says that all my years of off-roading is of no use...

BTW, when I tell her that success in off-roading also depends on the person spotting and guiding you towards the correct approach/angle etc, she says that a load of bull@#$%. . The end result was that she did it in first attempt and I took several attempts.
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 18:32   #119
Senior - BHPian
 
Lukeskywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,396
Thanked: 1,148 Times
Default

Quote:
BTW, when I tell her that success in off-roading also depends on the person spotting and guiding you towards the correct approach/angle etc,
Did someone or something restrict you from having the same advantage? Maybe you should have asked her to guide you in the first place.

Kidding friend, no offense meant.
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2008, 18:32   #120
BHPian
 
jassi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 980
Thanked: 11 Times
Smile

maybe you can say that you took multiple attempts cos you had kids in the back, whereas she had adults hanging in the back
did she read this - does she have her own tbhp id already
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Weekend getaway to Chikmagalur and Mullayanagiri 4 cars, 5 families and loads of fun! arun_josie Travelogues 12 18th August 2016 09:10
Bibendum, -26 deg C, a VW rally car on ice and loads of drifting and fun! Nikhilb2008 Travelogues 9 10th December 2009 17:01
Blr-Pune-Mahabaleshwar-Ganapatipule-Blr (6days, 5 nights, loads of pictures and fun) Lukeskywalker Travelogues 56 1st October 2009 13:17
1 day- 7 cars! 4TDs! 5L budget, loads of fun & loads to share. CrAzY dRiVeR Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 41 5th December 2007 07:26
5 Guys. One Merc. Loads of Fun. artofzen Travelogues 47 17th October 2007 19:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:34.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks