Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


View Poll Results: What dates work best for you?
Weekend of 20/21st Sept 3 11.54%
Weekend of 27/28th Sept 9 34.62%
Both are fine for me 7 26.92%
None. Can't make it. 7 26.92%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2008, 21:36   #31
BHPian
 
yamaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 252
Thanked: 76 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittigadu View Post
guys,
check this website.
Tents for Rs300 per day, sleeping bags for Rs50 per day and a whole lot of things to rent in bangalore.
Get Off - The Store

well, i will be out of the country the whole of this month.
So, i cant really say. Give me a weeks time and i shall reschedule my travel plans.

krishna.
Kittigadu! I am really looking forward to meet you and have a look at your awesome jeep!
yamaniac is offline  
Old 2nd September 2008, 18:57   #32
Team-BHP Support
 
khan_sultan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,631
Thanked: 2,947 Times
Default

Friends,

It's time we started the planning in more detail.

Based on the poll results, let's finalize the dates as the weekend of 27/28th Sept.

Till now, 12 members have confirmed (17 people). I am assuming that this would be the final count (maybe increase by another 10 people)

We have 5 4x4's taking part and 7 cars

handle | people coming| vehicle | Confirmed/Tentative
------------------------------------
khan_sultan| 2 | Gypsy| C
chandan | 1 | Gypsy | C
inder_s1 | 2 | car | C
hrag | 1 | car | C
snaronikar | 1 | car | T
IronWolf | 1 | car | C (is the date suitable?)
vis-racing | 1 | car | C
seerajunnithan | 2 | MM550 | C
PhrozenFire | 1 | car | C
c10 | 2 | car | C
vaspro | 2 | MM540 | C
yamaniac | 1 | MM540 | C


Folks who have confirmed, need inputs on:
  • Please have a look at the above and confirm if above data is correct?
  • How many people are ready to stay at chandan's place? (Details available in 1st post of this thread). I hope all single folks can crash there
  • How many people coming with families? Please confirm again here. It would help in planning the boarding/lodging
  • Do you need help with hotel/stay booking?
Also, please understand that since most 4x4 participants would be first timers and car drivers, we will NOT be planning/doing heavy duty OTR stuff. This is for safety reasons.

So, this meet would be drive + camping + bonfire + cooking + meet/hang out + booze + part OTR.

So OTR would be just ~10% of the total meet.

Cheers,
khan_sultan is offline  
Old 3rd September 2008, 00:35   #33
BHPian
 
Jaguar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 555
Thanked: 141 Times
Default

Hi Guys,

I have voted for 20/21 Sep, but game for 27/28 provided we make it back to bangy by 5 in the evening (Don't want to miss the Singapore F1 Race)
Can try to find some place to watch the race together?

On to details:-
Will you join? How many people - 1 (2 friends want to join, but not confirmed)
Which car/bike/suv/4x4? - Ikon, if friends join. Would prefer a ride in a 4x4 if coming alone.
Which dates work best for you? - 20/21st Sept
Can you bring tents? - Will checkout WildCraft store

Cheers
Jag
Jaguar is online now  
Old 4th September 2008, 12:37   #34
BHPian
 
inder_s1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 238
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post

handle | people coming| vehicle | Confirmed/Tentative
------------------------------------
khan_sultan| 2 | Gypsy| C
chandan | 1 | Gypsy | C
inder_s1 | 2 | car | C
hrag | 1 | car | C
snaronikar | 1 | car | T
IronWolf | 1 | car | C (is the date suitable?)
vis-racing | 1 | car | C
seerajunnithan | 2 | MM550 | C
PhrozenFire | 1 | car | C
c10 | 2 | car | C
vaspro | 2 | MM540 | C
yamaniac | 1 | MM540 | C


Folks who have confirmed, need inputs on:
  • Please have a look at the above and confirm if above data is correct?
  • How many people are ready to stay at chandan's place? (Details available in 1st post of this thread). I hope all single folks can crash there
  • How many people coming with families? Please confirm again here. It would help in planning the boarding/lodging
  • Do you need help with hotel/stay booking?
So, this meet would be drive + camping + bonfire + cooking + meet/hang out + booze + part OTR.

So OTR would be just ~10% of the total meet.

Cheers,

Hi Khan_Sultan

Yup , the data is right - for me.

Me coming with my Wify . Need a hotel/home stay .. Want to know which are the good ones and where are other bhpians planning on staying .. no point staying somewhere else and then wasting time to group/re-group

Last edited by inder_s1 : 4th September 2008 at 12:39.
inder_s1 is offline  
Old 4th September 2008, 12:42   #35
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bangalore / Madras
Posts: 1,980
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
hrag | 1 | car | C
Data is correct. People who need a ride can join me.
Chandan's place is fine with me.
hrag is offline  
Old 4th September 2008, 13:50   #36
BHPian
 
chandan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: sakleshpur
Posts: 250
Thanked: 44 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder_s1 View Post

Me coming with my Wify . Need a hotel/home stay .. Want to know which are the good ones and where are other bhpians planning on staying .. no point staying somewhere else and then wasting time to group/re-group
Stay in a tent,it's fun,specially with wifey cheers: .BTW,Shahnawaz,my wifeys's joining too.
chandan is offline  
Old 4th September 2008, 17:02   #37
BHPian
 
inder_s1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 238
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandan View Post
Stay in a tent,it's fun,specially with wifey cheers: .BTW,Shahnawaz,my wifeys's joining too.
Not a bad idea cheers:

Me off to get a tent this weekend
inder_s1 is offline  
Old 4th September 2008, 19:51   #38
Team-BHP Support
 
khan_sultan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,631
Thanked: 2,947 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder_s1 View Post
Not a bad idea, Me off to get a tent this
weekend
That's great Inder_s1. Do post here from where you got it and at what price point.

BTW, buying a tent for oneself is a good idea and may turn out to be more economical than staying in house stay/resort.

Think of it this way, tent would cost approx 4K and house stay/resort would cost anywhere between 3k-5K for 2 people over the weekend.

So guys, buy your tents ans all of us can pitch/stay at one place itself.

Cheers,
khan_sultan is offline  
Old 4th September 2008, 22:07   #39
BHPian
 
inder_s1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 238
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Khan_Sultan,

One important Q - Are there leeches around in tat place?? I just heard from my friends, then, though I will be buying a tent, it will be of no use on this trip!!

..and call me Indy guys , as others know me as.
inder_s1 is offline  
Old 5th September 2008, 09:27   #40
BHPian
 
chandan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: sakleshpur
Posts: 250
Thanked: 44 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder_s1 View Post
Khan_Sultan,

One important Q - Are there leeches around in tat place?? I just heard from my friends, then, though I will be buying a tent, it will be of no use on this trip!!.
No leeches at the campsite.Only if you go trekking into the woods,will you encounter them.But,I have a remedy for them,don't worry.
chandan is offline  
Old 7th September 2008, 15:54   #41
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 158
Thanked: 68 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Think of it this way, tent would cost approx 4K and house stay/resort would cost anywhere between 3k-5K for 2 people over the weekend.

So guys, buy your tents ans all of us can pitch/stay at one place itself.

Cheers,
My only problem is that i have to travel with my Kid (3.5years old). Hence i am planning to stay in hotel/homestay. Moreover this is my first ever trip to this part of Karnataka, hence planning to extend my vacation by couple days (after our OTR) and see the places around. I will need your help/advice, will send you a PM with my plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandan View Post
some accomadation options for families,incase they donot want to sleep in tents.
...
However,since our meet will be on a weekend,rooms have to be booked in advance.
REMEMBER,this is the best time for offroading around these areas,so let's make it a success.
Chandan, i sent you a PM seeking your advice to plan my trip.

Guys, i guess its best if we also put an activity time table/itenerary so that people who are coming can plan their journey accordingly. Some questions in my mind, when should i start from B'lore, how many hours it will take to drive in Jeep. When will we meet? What sort of activities planned...etc.

I am very excited to meet you all and have a good OTR+vacation

Thank you
-Vaspro
vaspro is offline  
Old 7th September 2008, 16:07   #42
Team-BHP Support
 
khan_sultan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,631
Thanked: 2,947 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaspro View Post
My only problem is that i have to travel with my Kid (3.5years old). Hence i am planning to stay in hotel/homestay. Moreover this is my first ever trip to this part of Karnataka, hence planning to extend my vacation by couple days (after our OTR) and see the places around. I will need your help/advice, will send you a PM with my plans.

Chandan, i sent you a PM seeking your advice to plan my trip.
No problem. You are welcome to stay at any place of your choice. Chandan had posted some links of various home stays/hotels around the meet place.

Quote:
Guys, i guess its best if we also put an activity time table/itenerary so that people who are coming can plan their journey accordingly. Some questions in my mind, when should i start from B'lore, how many hours it will take to drive in Jeep. When will we meet? What sort of activities planned...etc.
This will take some time to get finalized. Don't worry, all details would be provided here -- approx a week in advance.

myself & chandan plan to do a recee next weekend to check out the place, logistics, OTR trail, recovery etc.

will post the necessary details once we are back.

PS: In the meantime, ensure that your 4x4 is in tip-top shape. Also get some tow-rope etc ready.

Cheers,

Last edited by khan_sultan : 7th September 2008 at 16:09.
khan_sultan is offline  
Old 9th September 2008, 11:46   #43
BHPian
 
sreerajunnithan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Banagalore
Posts: 445
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

My data is correct. @vaspro stay at Swarga, its a good place. If you want i can give you the ph num of owner. hmmmm i need to lookout for a tent now. @khan_sulthan, you were looking for a tent sometimes back, did you get it? Can you PM the details to me? I need to get my Jeep serviced, just finished a south india tour (1780 kms ) and back to bangalore.

--Sree--
sreerajunnithan is offline  
Old 9th September 2008, 11:53   #44
Team-BHP Support
 
khan_sultan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,631
Thanked: 2,947 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerajunnithan View Post
.... hmmmm i need to lookout for a tent now. @khan_sulthan, you were looking for a tent sometimes back, did you get it? Can you PM the details to me? ...
Sree, details in the posts on earlier pages. I will be buying next week.

So where all did you go with your jeep? Lots of stories to hear from you at the camping/bonfire then..

Cheers,

Last edited by khan_sultan : 9th September 2008 at 11:58.
khan_sultan is offline  
Old 9th September 2008, 12:00   #45
BHPian
 
yamaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 252
Thanked: 76 Times
Default

Oh darn!!! If its on 27/28th sorry guys! I cant make it to the trip! I was looking forward to be there! I have office on Saturday.
yamaniac is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Planning a Ride. Wanna join? white-rabbit The Team-BHP Meet Section 14 11th July 2014 11:59
Bandhavgarh Post Monsoons - First Day First Ride! Wanna Join? amolpol The Team-BHP Meet Section 8 7th October 2011 15:32
Off Roading Bangalore -- 15th June. Feel free to join in khan_sultan 4x4 Excursions 36 18th June 2008 09:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:39.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks