Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Suitable dates
Weekend of Oct 4 & 5 3 13.04%
Weekend of Oct 11 & 12 16 69.57%
Weekend of Oct 18 & 19 4 17.39%
Others (Please specify) 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2nd September 2008, 18:09   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers
And you loose to either of them.
I would think that to be pretty logical, given that those 2 cars are much more powerful than mine. And exactly why I mentioned that I am not taking that challenge up.

Quote:
The Getz D and Verna D are supposedly more powerful than the Accent CRDi.
Supposedly ? Looks like you doubt it.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 19:39   #17
BHPian

I would be prepared with all weekends, 4th-5th, or 11th-12th or 18th-19th. Guys, count me in 100% and let us all share the organising, and let me do something really worthful, atleast in this meet - in organising, mr.biju ...

and headers & nitrous sirs, pls watch out for a 88 bhp petrol contessa in your drag race, which can make your both korean and japanese cars eat the dust, if i am lucky enough, hahaha... mr.biju, can we take them flat out in the NH45 ?

expecting soon to finalise the dates ...
shekaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 20:11   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekaran
Guys, count me in 100% and let us all share the organising, and let me do something really worthful, atleast in this meet - in organising
Sure thing, shekaran. Let us have the members vote and arrive at a tentative date and then we can get down to the business of organising stuff. If it is the 11-12th weekend, the 2 other tbhp-ians (wife and son) in the family also would be there for the meet, as they would be in Chennai then.

Quote:
pls watch out for a 88 bhp petrol contessa in your drag race, which can make your both korean and japanese cars eat the dust, if i am lucky enough, hahaha... mr.biju, can we take them flat out in the NH45 ?
Ha, pure Indian muscle - that would be interesting. Is the Contessa the same one that we saw parked at the TVMS workshop ?
Old 2nd September 2008, 20:24   #19
BHPian

the contessa is not the tvms but mine, which i bought a week ago, now in the mechanic workshop, cheking bumper to bumper. i bought this for 48,500/- to be precise, and spending some 10k to make it to pristine mechanical perfection. not great mods, but making it company spec, fit and clean.

i have attached some of the pics,(in the contessa - advice needed on buying thread of mine) taken a month before ... but overall, the car is 95% in original condition.

the conti being British design (vauxhall victor FE), with the japanese engine (isuzu 1.8 litre - 88bhp) - i think, is a good match for the korean accent and the maruti esteem, both in power and top speeds.

do anyone have any idea - how to turbocharge the petrol engine ? any turbochargers available ? headers sir, please share your knowledge, experiences.
Old 2nd September 2008, 20:25   #20
Senior - BHPian

Count me in. I'am in for 3rd / 4th or even 11th / 12th whatever the dates are....
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 21:37   #21
BHPian

This seems very very interesting!!!

Very good home work Patchyboy. Neat and complete presentation. Keep it up!

hmm.... no responce from kochi guys?? Wherez ZAKKO the dementor??!!! Steer/Ashvin/Masidea!!!!! What say guys?!

Last edited by nikkibike : 2nd September 2008 at 21:40.
nikkibike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 22:45   #22
BHPian

Folks, please consider yelagiri also, if yercaud happens to be too distant for the tbhp members. almost 90% of yercaud, with little sightseeings, but worth the visit.

to know more about yelagiri, pls visit the following weblinks :

Yelagiri Hills - How to get there

Hotel Hills, Yelagiri, Hotel Reservations, Vacations, Travel Packages, Restaurant, Tourist Spot, Resorts, Motels, India, South India, Tamil Nadu, Conferences, Holidays, Hill Station, Vellore, Tirupattur, North Arcot District

Yelagiri - Right way to see Yelagiri, yelahiri, elagiri, yelahiri hills, Yealagiri Info

Yelagiri Hills Country Club

http://www.yelagiritrips.com/placest...nyelagiri.html

important points to note :
1.Cell phone services are not available on the hill.
2. Fill your tank before climbing the hill as there are no gas stations up here.
3. There is no bar at the hotels and no liquor shops in Yelagiri. Make sure you bring your own stuff.

Yelagiri is only 230 kms from chennai, 150 kms from bangalore, 200 kms from pondicherry, so ... pls consider this option also, but anyway, dont miss the meet ...
Old 2nd September 2008, 23:16   #23
BHPian

11/12 should be good. First week of Oct ( 4/5 ) comes with a long weekend starting Oct 2. We might find Yercaud a little too crowded then.
neoranjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2008, 23:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike View Post
hmm.... no responce from kochi guys?? Wherez ZAKKO the dementor??!!! Steer/Ashvin/Masidea!!!!! What say guys?!
Zakko is in Dubai since this morning, and will be here for a longish sting (and will hopefully buy the RX8!).

I've run out of leave for the rest of this year - I've overdrawn on leave and my boss's munificence (SIC?) to take care of personal issues. Can still manage a quick weekend getaway, but it will be iffy. We do have a longish break for Eid, though.

A S H V I N is still around, Mansidea only needs an excuse and a weekend to get there, I guess.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008, 06:22   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Shekaran, Yelagiri would be a bit boring, after a couple of drives recently.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008, 07:23   #26
BHPian

Well, I voted for oct 18th weekend.
Oct 1st I am off to hampi for 5 days (any one wants to join in?)
Oct 11th there are 50% chances of some guests coming in.

Regards,
amohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008, 08:37   #27
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I am in. Be it on any of the above mentioned dates. Let me speak to the bangy boys and check who else is interested in coming. Can't wait to meet some of the Chennai Anna's. Its been ages.
mclaren1885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008, 10:38   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekaran View Post

the conti being British design (vauxhall victor FE), with the japanese engine (isuzu 1.8 litre - 88bhp) - i think, is a good match for the korean accent and the maruti esteem, both in power and top speeds.
shekaran,
Hi, congrats on your new purchase. The conty is a nice vehicle with a great engine and makes a decent highway cruiser. i think it maxes out at 140ish. The power is great, but not the top speed! however, the accelaration in 2nd gear is lusty and would definitely give the esteem a decent run!

I'm not much of an aftermarket turbo / supercharger guy, but could point you to someone if you are serious!

Happy Conty.ing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I am in. Be it on any of the above mentioned dates. Let me speak to the bangy boys and check who else is interested in coming. Can't wait to meet some of the Chennai Anna's. Its been ages.
Oh yeah, MCL, there is a guy in my town waiting to xxxx you.
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2008, 13:27   #29
BHPian

patchy boy, good initiative. Oct is too far for me to plan.
mansidea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2008, 14:10   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

As of now, looks like Oct 11-12 seems to be the favourite with the crowd. Would have been nice if the poll was public and also had the option of choosing multiple options.

Got a call from kkr2k2 (Hyd) yesterday enquiring about this meet and where Yercaud is located and stuff. But I guess Yercaud is too far for the Hyderabad guys to drive over (and back) for a weekend trip. Would be like 900-1000kms or so one-way, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkibike
Very good home work Patchyboy. Neat and complete presentation. Keep it up!
Not to take anything away from PatchyBoy's initiative and interest, but the writeup and stuff in Post-1 is courtesy our Pondicherry member Shekaran.

Quote:
Folks, please consider yelagiri also, if yercaud happens to be too distant for the tbhp members.
Shekaran, we already did a Chennai-Bangy Yelagiri drive last year. Plus, Yercaud is not that far for members from 3 states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit
11/12 should be good. First week of Oct ( 4/5 ) comes with a long weekend starting Oct 2. We might find Yercaud a little too crowded then.
Yes, the whole fun of Yercaud is that the crowds are all at the more known hillstations like Ooty & Kodai.

Quote:
Oh yeah, MCL, there is a guy in my town waiting to xxxx you.
???? Which guy ? And what xxxx ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansidea
Oct is too far for me to plan.
Manoj, maybe you could start planning by end-Sep and then it won't be too far away.
Hope we get to see your Scorp and also the whole Mallu gang at Yercaud.