Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 6th September 2008, 11:15   #31
BHPian

It has been a long time folks, I'd love to be in the meet too. Is there a possibility this moves to a Sat'day or Sunday? Been out of the country for some time and then a loss in the family, reasons for not even posting much.
Old 6th September 2008, 14:34   #32
Senior - BHPian

ID, we can not have the shamirpet for an evening meet on a working day as people have to finish their work and come and for juntha like me we have to drive around 25km into the city and again another 25km to the dhabha, man its better to have it in the city.

Sirnivas sir welcome back. i also would like to have the meet for the saturday evening but i doubt we would be having those good deals on weekends(i am not a good drinker though) and there will be few non-drinkers too.

add Ravi Kumar(highly inactive BHPian working in M&M) to the list as well.
Old 6th September 2008, 21:05   #33
Senior - BHPian

Just got of the phone with katrya de royal and they still have the offer of kebabs and beer which includes unlimited kebabs, kingfisher and a limited amount of biryani for 425 all inclusive. The place is open from 7 to 10 30.
Katriya hotels and towers (the place we went last time) has withdrawn their sizzler festival.
EDIT: Any other place that i need to find out about ?
Old 6th September 2008, 23:52   #34
Senior - BHPian

yes there is one more i would like you guys to check out the Indijoe restaurant in the city center mall, they serve the sizzlers and drinks but i am not too sure if they have a package, i know the food & drink there is good, but the packages some one has to find out.

i think avi can do that on his way back from office this coming monday or any body willing to volunteer to do this are welcome.

it is in the same building as the phirangi pani.
Old 7th September 2008, 10:47   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
g'day all!

Hey avi, raj, cooldude! how you all doing mates?

hmm..12th, well, this time i think i will be able to make it, unless some family obligation comes in!

also how about meeting up and going to some dhaba off medchal road? drinks and food, both will be there! unless ppl here are choosy on having a classy ambient for drinks my friends and me generally hit there, peaceful relaxed atmosphere! This way, it will be "in-city" and also include a short drive!

And hey! where is Satish_appasani dissapeared? hyd meet, and he aint commented till now? he was the most active till now!
Hey Rishaan, Good to see you mate. What you suggested would have been everybody's choice had it been on a holiday. But, since 12th is when everyone will come straight to the venue from their workplace, it is tough for a drive. Lets do stick to in-city meet in some resturant. And, please do come and your not allowed if you dont come in your 530D, i am dying to see it.

Satish has been inactive since over a year.

Satish mate, looks like your company is expecting too much from you. The learnings of this world goes on, so do join and let the learning take care of itself, you know what i mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
It has been a long time folks, I'd love to be in the meet too. Is there a possibility this moves to a Sat'day or Sunday? Been out of the country for some time and then a loss in the family, reasons for not even posting much.
WB, saturday and sunday for us would be family stuff. It is great if you can join up on this friday evening session. We will have a separate drive shive over the end of this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
Just got of the phone with katrya de royal and they still have the offer of kebabs and beer which includes unlimited kebabs, kingfisher and a limited amount of biryani for 425 all inclusive. The place is open from 7 to 10 30.
Katriya hotels and towers (the place we went last time) has withdrawn their sizzler festival.
EDIT: Any other place that i need to find out about ?
I knew FK would withdraw, 10:30pm for KDR is too early. Any other options guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
yes there is one more i would like you guys to check out the Indijoe restaurant in the city center mall, they serve the sizzlers and drinks but i am not too sure if they have a package, i know the food & drink there is good, but the packages some one has to find out.

i think avi can do that on his way back from office this coming monday or any body willing to volunteer to do this are welcome.

it is in the same building as the phirangi pani.
Yash, dude you know my schedule, i spend almost 3 hours driving to and back from work apart from the long hours@work. so how can you expect a half-dead soul to check these things out.

How about you take a lovely all city drive on your modded unicorn and find a lovely hangout for all of us? can i expect you to take care of this?
Old 7th September 2008, 11:21   #36
Senior - BHPian

offfo.. rishan bhai, showing up for a meet
satish is currently in the usa, he logs on regularly btw.

hey rider, no packages in indijoes for the nights, complete ala-carte.

btw, the guys who are coming from hi-tech, isnt there a garden bar and resto, somewhere there? heard the food is good, drinks reasonable but the ambience sucks. any reviews about that?

also on kbr park road, there is good rooftop resto, a few clicks away from the tdp office. forgot the name but the food was good.

Last edited by aadix : 7th September 2008 at 11:34.
Old 7th September 2008, 13:18   #37
Senior - BHPian

Bhai log i come from another district! Thoda city ke andhar aandho.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 7th September 2008 at 13:20.
Old 7th September 2008, 18:46   #38
PVS
BHPian

not possible this time as well.. Flying into Hyderabad - Sep-21st. Have a great meet guys!
Old 7th September 2008, 20:28   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
also on kbr park road, there is good rooftop resto, a few clicks away from the tdp office. forgot the name but the food was good.
Are you referring to Coco's? Which is above Tex Mex? Food in this place sucks and as far as i know they never had any such offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Bhai log i come from another district! Thoda city ke andhar aandho.
Just kick start your Zeus and say Jai Hyderabad and you will easily reach the other end of the city by the time you change into 5th gear

Here is the latest count :

Venue : TBD
Date : Sep 12th
Time : 8:30 PM onwards (till they kick us out )

1.Mobike008
2. Himanshugoswami
3. Rider60
4. KKRK2
5. Cool Dude
6. theodre_ftw
7. abysnthguzzler
8. Twister_In a.k.a Deepak
9. Midlifecrisis
10. Hillram
11. Insane Devil
Old 7th September 2008, 23:30   #40
BHPian

hi guys, count me in too...

1.Mobike008
2. Himanshugoswami
3. Rider60
4. KKRK2
5. Cool Dude
6. theodre_ftw
7. abysnthguzzler
9. Midlifecrisis
10. Hillram
11. Insane Devil
12. mezereo
Old 8th September 2008, 11:20   #41
Team-BHP Support

Where are the other regulars folks? guys, come out of your hiding!
Old 8th September 2008, 12:48   #42
Senior - BHPian

I'd like to join too. Why not Katriya De Royale?
1.Mobike008
2. Himanshugoswami
3. Rider60
4. KKRK2
5. Cool Dude
6. theodre_ftw
7. abysnthguzzler
9. Midlifecrisis
10. Hillram
11. Insane Devil
12. mezereo
13. vnabhi
Old 8th September 2008, 13:12   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I'd like to join too. Why not Katriya De Royale?
Nice to see you too joining Venu.

KDR is out because they will kick us out at 10:30pm which is when the party actually starts rocking

Rider60/Cooldude, any update on finding us all a good venue?
Old 8th September 2008, 15:15   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Rider60/Cooldude, any update on finding us all a good venue?
There does not seem to be anything else going on. Kdr is the only place witha drinks offer AFAIK.
Didn't fortune katriya also close at 10 30 ? But we stayed there for a looong time
Old 8th September 2008, 18:22   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
There does not seem to be anything else going on. Kdr is the only place witha drinks offer AFAIK.
Didn't fortune katriya also close at 10 30 ? But we stayed there for a looong time
Thats a good point. Can you please check and see if we make our last order by 10:30pm ( hoping it is stretchable till 11:00pm) till what time they will allow us to hang around in the restuarant?

Let them know there will be atleast 20-25 people ( you know dangling the carrot). See if you can convince them for atleast 12"00clock ( Midnight) which should be good enough for us.
Closed Thread