Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 10th September 2008, 14:21   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
gogi bhai am still thinkin!! So where exactly is sohails house??
I dont know but he says its next to where we have to go. Waiting for him to log on and tell us.
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2008, 17:12   #62
BHPian

Wasup People IN the House!!

My Address : I stay at Mazgaon, i dont know but somehow i am not finding it safe to put my address on an Open Forum, is there any way i can PM everybody

Anyws Thats Later now.. I stay at Mazgaon Circle, a Prominent Landmark would be Sales TAX Office. My place is 5 mins away from JJ Junction. At any time peak non peak hours just anytime. Yes parking is avaliable. People Coming from Back Road i.e. P Dmello Road, Need to take a right from the Dockyard road Station, drive till you reach the circle, and then take a right, as you take a right from the circle on the right HAND side is a restaurant CAlled SAI SAGAR.

People coming from the Main road need to take a left from2nd Signal BEFORE THE JJ Flyover, follow the road till you reach a ROUND ABOUT as we call it CIRCLE, then take a left on the circle, now as you take left you see SAI SAGAR on the Right Side, right next to the restaurant is a lane that ends at my building which is called as PEARL HARBOUR (LOLS)

I guess these directions could be a little difficult, but if in case you are lost, i am there to the RESCUE my number is with Gogi sir or Msg mr il PM u my number (Hope this number does not got to CC companies).

HOPE this answers the Questions! Once Again to remind i stay at MAZGAON!!
SohailPistawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2008, 17:18   #63
Senior - BHPian

Sohail is your place in a walkable distance from MM or BM? There maybe rains so think about that too. On the other hand lets plan somewhere to meet and then to proceed form there to BM somehow. That would be better. but it should niot be too far for a walk .
Old 10th September 2008, 17:24   #64
Senior - BHPian

Yse rains are playing spoilt sport. I guess we park and cab it from there. Just hope it doesnt pour while we walk the streets.
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2008, 17:27   #65
BHPian

My Place is Closer to BM, it is walkable only if you guys wish too, now gogi sir, how much distance is walkable is again a personal thing, 2 kms?? LOLs for some it might be and for some it might not be u getting my hint sirji , hehehe.

the only reason i gave my place is because cabs are accessible, and parking is available, as you know places Like BM and MM parking is difficult , and again car security. Hmm so if there is a backup plan/destiantion to meet i am cool since il be riding.
Old 10th September 2008, 17:34   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
My Place is Closer to BM, it is walkable only if you guys wish too, now gogi sir, how much distance is walkable is again a personal thing, 2 kms?? LOLs for some it might be and for some it might not be u getting my hint sirji , hehehe.

the only reason i gave my place is because cabs are accessible, and parking is available, as you know places Like BM and MM parking is difficult , and again car security. Hmm so if there is a backup plan/destiantion to meet i am cool since il be riding.
Its your place then due to parking ease.
Please PM me your address and ill pm to the rest i fthats ok with you.
So we all gather there at what 9.30-9.45? and depart at 10.00?
Guys whoever has not already done that, please post your confirmed attendance asap. The D-days tomorrow.
Old 10th September 2008, 17:39   #67
BHPian

Here the pm comes on the postal Address hehe, rest find it LOLs Kidding will pm my number also.
Old 10th September 2008, 17:57   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
Here the pm comes on the postal Address hehe, rest find it LOLs Kidding will pm my number also.
And there goes your no. to CC companies, Country Club, Insurance etcc.

So 10.00 at your place it is.
Old 10th September 2008, 17:58   #69
BHPian

Drool, drool, droooool
I would give an arm an a leg to be there with all of you. However, I have to be at the US consulate next morning. Can't see myself splurging on ramzan goodies the night before.
I did though tour the MM and BM area on sunday with wifey. And even managed a parking spot. However, we were too early.
Have fun guys, and tell us about it.
I had a swell time last year in Hyderabad doing this ramzan food trip. This year I intend to do it in mumbai. Maybe this weekend.
ciao
aabidansari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2008, 18:00   #70
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Well i am jumping in and here is the updated list
Sohail Pistawala
V-16
Arpandiv
Magma
Dippy
Fireblader85
Moralfibre
Karl
Cyrus43
Viper
Khanak
SRShrikanth
Swale84
Pranavt
Frazerrazor
maddy42

anyone coming from powai or andheri(e)??
maddy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2008, 20:22   #71
BHPian

Alternatively
we
can meet also at my brothers fireworks shop ( its called Essabhai fireworks and its on Mohammedali road-this is close to all the action)-this suggestion is valid if we wanna eat at mohammedali road first and them move to BM

Alternatively if guys are not familair with mohammedali and people coming from the suburbs are gonna come from mahalaxmi then you can meet at my house which is close to maratha mandir cinema.its on the way for such guys

Hog on!
Magma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2008, 20:56   #72
BHPian

Default Mashallah!!

Im in too, it would be a shame if a 200 pound miabhai doesnt show up at ramadan food fiesta. I wonder why we missed out on the cult noor mohammedi's nalli nihari.. hygiene maybe..
Ali G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2008, 22:09   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali G View Post
Im in too, it would be a shame if a 200 pound miabhai doesnt show up at ramadan food fiesta. I wonder why we missed out on the cult noor mohammedi's nalli nihari.. hygiene maybe..
Besides hygiene, Ali the problem about Noor Mohammadi is, that the food has deteriorated to a great extent and the only thing they are interested in selling are the two worst dishes on the menu; Chicken Sanju Baba and White Chicken Biryani (also endorsed by the same actor).
Their Nihari has lost the flavour it was once famous for.
I have been told that the Nihari which Chinese Grill is famous for at MM is on at Ramzan. Maybe we should go there but its gonna be so, so crowded and finding place for so many of us..no way I think. Can someone find out re the same please. Then we can skip Vallibhai altogether if you guys want.

List Update.

Sohail Pistawala
V-16
Arpandiv
Magma
Dippy
Fireblader85
Moralfibre
Karl
Cyrus43
Viper
Khanak
SRShrikanth
Swale84
Pranavt
Frazerrazor
Maddy42
Magma
AliG

I have an idea, alternatively, we can park at Crawford Market and start the trail from Naseem's Sheekh kebabs.
Then to BM, Vallibhai (Also at BM),
back to MM
back to parking. If someone still has any appetite left (or veggies have not found anything) then off we go to Shalimaar JJ Junction.

So shall we fix Crawford market parking lot at 9.45-10.00?
Guys please dont expect any swish swanky joint. Most of the places im recommending are quite spartan and basic where the food does the talking.
Old 10th September 2008, 23:20   #74
Senior - BHPian

Gogi I like the Crawford Market area idea . Lets try the kababs first and then head to BM for the rest of the stuff. Naseems is something we did not try last time around. Lets start the trail from there.

I'll be at your place by 9ish.
Old 10th September 2008, 23:34   #75
F50
Senior - BHPian

Mashallah! Hum zaroor aaenge.
F50 is offline   Reply With Quote