Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 25th September 2008, 19:23   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Hey Guys i would be in Dubai on the 29th night and should be there till the 4th or the 5th so hope to join in on the fun too.
i will be here upto 3rd october, then off for a long vacation...send your trip plans, we can arrange for a meet
v1kram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 13:39   #32
Senior - BHPian

Gents

On the Mullah's request, I've booked 7 places on the Radisson Dhow Cruise for tonite at 8.30 pm. I will book more spaces if we have further confirmations, please PM or phone me.

If the Mullah does not turn up, he will foot the bill for the whole crowd. Thats Dhs.135 x number of attendees.

Also, the Mullah cannot be late unless he plans to swim if he's late - this is a BOAT.

Last edited by Steeroid : 26th September 2008 at 13:41.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 13:46   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Gents

On the Mullah's request, I've booked 7 places on the Radisson Dhow Cruise for tonite at 8.30 pm. I will book more spaces if we have further confirmations, please PM or phone me.

If the Mullah does not turn up, he will foot the bill for the whole crowd. Thats Dhs.135 x number of attendees.

Also, the Mullah cannot be late unless he plans to swim if he's late - this is a BOAT.
Steer! Count me in for the meet.
Old 26th September 2008, 14:56   #34
BHPian

I'm in for this. Might have 2 more people with me. Will confirm.
wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 15:09   #35
Senior - BHPian

I'm willing to bet that the bill will be paid by the mullah!! And that too after a nice swim!!
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2008, 16:15   #36
Senior - BHPian

Changed booking to 10 pax:

1. Zak
2. Joz, Anju + 2
3. Wheeler
4. v1kram
5. Self + 2

Pretty small group. Where are the others?
Old 26th September 2008, 16:37   #37
Senior - BHPian

Please ensure you are at the Radisson, Dubai Creek (formerly the Intercontinental for the oldies) by 8.00 PM.

If you dont turn up, I will still collect the money from you. I'm off to Al Ain now, please call me on my phone number if you need to contact me - else, see you there at 8.

Last edited by Steeroid : 26th September 2008 at 16:40.
Old 26th September 2008, 19:11   #38
BANNED

Guys! See you all at 8. I'll try my best not to get wet. Else, please keep the towels ready.

135dhs per person is a good rate. Thank you Mr. Steeroid for organising.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 00:18   #39
BHPian

well did the mullah catch the Dhow ? or is the mullah a very wet & poor mullah? need updates and pics of what ever happened...
muneemmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2008, 00:37   #40
Senior - BHPian

Just got back. There is only one major highlight from this "meet":

THE MULLAH WAS ON TIME. Better still, he was the first to arrive.

Enough said!
Old 27th September 2008, 00:42   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Just got back. There is only one major highlight from this "meet":

THE MULLAH WAS ON TIME. Better still, he was the first to arrive.

Enough said!
Though we were on time, still we made the dhow to wait for a couple of minutes..
Old 27th September 2008, 07:10   #42
BANNED

It was a cool, nice meet.
As a norm, we had to make things late. Nothing happens on time when some Bhpians get together on a meet. A major difference this time was: we made the whole boat wait! It left the shore around 10 mins late. We decided to push the late comers into the creek and carry on before they pitched up and started shouting. Just as the captain pulled the ropes and they would've left stranded ON THE ROCKS, a certain Ninu came to the rescue. Thanks to the beautiful voiced lady, everybody where on board and we rocked on!

From then onwards, it was all fun, laughter and thrilling.
As usual, we had lots of laugh in the expense of Bhaiyyaji mundu&Tirewale (It won't be long before you'll become part of all our meets, Ishan). We made sure Joz sticks to his detox concoctions with the help of his wife Anju. And it was great to meet their friends, Mathew and Susan.
Wheeler was on diet coke, V1kram was all black labeled, Steeroid worshipped Chivas! There was some wine, ginger ale, plenty of Soda and I heard somebody asking for JayD!

We discussed about planting a Super bike at Autodrome, a CTS-V going to be owned by a beautiful lady who can take you places in 6 minutes, A 550i in place of Sonata and usual stuff like a haunted Alto, an engine swapped Yaris and a very boring dream of an RX8. As it is the historic race weekend, Singapore wasn't very far too.

There was a phone cam, a Sony digicam and a securely locked up in the boot of my car, Nikon something D. Please upload the pics guys!

Overall, a good enjoyable evening. Thanks everybody for making it.
In urgency and short of proper plans and time, we couldn't call up everybody. Guys! Sorry for that.

So!
Until the next one, here's a big thumbs up to team-bhp for giving me friends in almost every corner of the world.
Thanks once again!
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote