Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: I am interested to do the following stretch
Bangy-Mumbai-Bangy 11 18.03%
Mumbai-Delhi-Mumbai 9 14.75%
Delhi-Kolkatta-Delhi 4 6.56%
Kolkatta-Chennai-Kolkatta 2 3.28%
Chennai-Bangy-Chennai 11 18.03%
Full GQ 17 27.87%
Others - Please mention in thread 7 11.48%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 21st November 2008, 13:14   #151
BHPian

Which day(s) would the KOL - CHN - KOL leg be happening ? And where would be the halt ? Is it Vizag or VZA or BBSR or any other?
Old 21st November 2008, 23:25   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Thanks Kumar sir for reminder.

One suggestion:
As per plan posted, first day halt will be at Pune and second day halt will be at Baroda/Ahmadabad. This means that first day meet will be at Pune and second day meet will be at Baroda/Ahmadabad. That means Mumbai guys will not attend any meet or will attend short afternoon meet in Mumbai.
I will suggest first day halt at Lonawala.
Pune bhpians can join this the group coming from Bangy at Chandani chowk and can drive with them up to Lonawala for 60 km. A mumbai-pune meet can be arranged in Lonawala in the evening. So there will be large gathering from Mumbai and Pune at Lonawala.
Asish, an outstanding idea - Lonavla is a great half-way meet and overnight stay point. So, who is going to set up the arrangements? And where do we get reasonably-priced lodging?
Old 21st November 2008, 23:30   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDreamer View Post
Which day(s) would the KOL - CHN - KOL leg be happening ? And where would be the halt ? Is it Vizag or VZA or BBSR or any other?
Plans still evolving, but I think KOL-CHN should be Day 9-11. Halt would depend on the meet venue and road conditions in Orissa - if roads are good, Vizag.
Old 22nd November 2008, 01:16   #154
BHPian

Okay. Will be watching this thread closely for updates

I really wish the halt to be in Vizag.
Old 22nd November 2008, 03:07   #155
BHPian

Kumar Sir,
i have given a simple picture to indicate the night halts - cities, we can have tbhp meets, tentatively.

Each halt will have a daytime driving of approx 500 kms, min - 500 to max - 700 kms, depending on the road,traffic,weather conditions.

the average speed in the GQ can be easily maintained to 70kmph, making 500 kms drive in 8 hours, with breakfast,lunch,tea,snacks time thrown in, making everyday scheduled for 11 hours - from 8am to 7pm approx.

1. Bengaluru - Belgaum - TBHP Karnataka Meet
2. Belgaum - Mumbai - TBHP Maharashtra Meet
3. Mumbai - Ahmedabad - TBHP Gujarat Meet
4. Ahmedabad - Jaipur [(0r Kisangarh)] - TBHP Rajasthan Meet
5. Jaipur - Delhi - TBHP Delhi Meet
6. Delhi - kanpur or Varanasi - TBHP Uttar Pradesh Meet
7. Varanasi - Kolkatta - TBHP West Bengal Meet
8. Kolkatta - Bhubaneshwar - TBHP Orissa Meet
9. Bhubaneshwar - Vishakapatinam - TBHP Andhra Pradesh Meet
10. Vishakapatinam - Vijayawada - Night Halt Or TBHP Meet
11. Vijayawada - Chennai - TBHP Tamilnadu Meet
12. Chennai - Bengaluru - TBHP FINALE

12 days + 6000 kms + 10 States TBHP Meet = The whole automotive world will turn around and look at us surely, with awe and ...

My humble Suggestion would be to start on 9th february 2009 (9 AM) Monday & retun banck on 20th february 2009 Friday at 5 PM.(after consulting the panchang- since 9th happens to be a fullmoon day - auspicious)

Lastly, the weekends - saturday & sundays can be useful for writeups, preparations, rest, vehicle checkups, everything to be excited about, for all of us folks.

have a nice day, regards to all. i wish more members participate to the full GQ drive, as it would surely be a memorable lifetime acheivement.
Attached Thumbnails
Golden Quadrilateral /PAN India "T-BHP Relay Meet"-2009-feb-gq-drive-12-night-halts.jpg  

Old 22nd November 2008, 08:28   #156
Senior - BHPian

Shekaran, good plan, except that I would think that Belgaum is too early an halt and even if we have a meet there, we could proceed to Pune/Lonavla. Again, the meets have to be scheduled where we have members - for example, I know we have active members in Jamshedpur (Jharkhand), but I am not sure of places like Varanasi (members in these places, please speak up). The meets can be even mid-day meets, not necessarily at overnight halt places.

Otherwise your driving plan is brilliant, and I am sure the dates also may be, except that many folks may prefer to start out over the weekends (Saturday) instead of on MOnday.

Anyway, the floor is open for discussions.
Old 22nd November 2008, 11:53   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

geeeze...this clashes with Desert Storm (from Feb17th to 24th) so no go.
Old 22nd November 2008, 12:06   #158
BANNED

shekaran, your plan is great but a 9 am start on Monday from Bangalore will have us ending up in Pune late in the night. I would prefer an early morning start from Bangalore on Saturday morning (Friday evening start preferred for a late night halt at Belgaum but also need to see how many are comfortable with night driving).

An MH meet can possibly held somewhere near Thane? A Saturday AM start from Bangalore means we should be in Thane by night even with not-so-spirited driving.
Old 22nd November 2008, 15:24   #159
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Please count me in.
I am willing to do the entire stretch.
I can get my 2008 Swift diesel or 2003 Hyundai Santro petrol.
Old 22nd November 2008, 17:09   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
geeeze...this clashes with Desert Storm (from Feb17th to 24th) so no go.
Desert Storm..??? Is it an event..??
Old 23rd November 2008, 06:08   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Desert Storm..??? Is it an event..??
Uhuh...see This Desert Storm Link and this year it is going from Delhi to Mumbai.

Last edited by sudev : 23rd November 2008 at 06:10.
Old 23rd November 2008, 13:10   #162
Senior - BHPian

Arrow

Hai HVK and others,

I am on tentatively for the Ahmedabad / Gujarat Leg on to Delhi and see if I can continue from there; will explore how far I can run with the pack based on leaves etc.

If you want help to plan for a place to stay, meet etc., at Ahmedabad / outskirts, let me know, will do some ground work.

I also feel you should start out from Bangalore ASAP to get some more time @ Pune for fellow-ship.

If not possible to avoid the Desert storm dates, then it would be better to plan in such a way that it WOULD clash with their GQ leg, for e.g. I saw one section of their map, Leg3, URL:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/132560.jpg

The section before this, leg 1b or section 2, in their Rajastan Leg could intersect with GQ. It would be possible to leverage the huge medea hoop-la that would follow them, turning the spot-light or side-light on to us, just a thought, open for discussion.

Happy Driving,

--Ramky
======

Last edited by ramkya1 : 23rd November 2008 at 13:12.
Old 23rd November 2008, 14:27   #163
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, Ramky, great that you are also joining us. We will appreciate your help in fixing up acco either at Baroda or Ahmedabad. Even after the meet in Baroda, we can head out to Ahmedabad outskirts, assuming we get something not out of the way or expensive. I have seen Hotel Anjali on the road between A'Bad and Himmatnagar - is that a decent place - it is on NH8 itself.

Given your commercial acumen in selecting and pinning down hotels, any help further down the route is welcome.

Combining with the Desert Storm is not a bad idea, let us also explore whether such an option is a good idea.
Old 23rd November 2008, 16:04   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkya1 View Post
...The section before this, leg 1b or section 2, in their Rajastan Leg could intersect with GQ. It would be possible to leverage the huge medea hoop-la that would follow them, turning the spot-light or side-light on to us, just a thought, open for discussion.....
Or if you were running counter clockwise from Delhi down towards Ahmedabad you could do almost a leg on the same day as Desert Storm...again just a thought

But speaking realistically we would be off GQ and more towards the west running along the border down to almost western tip of Gujrat and then swinging in towards Ahmedabad.
Old 23rd November 2008, 20:10   #165
evo
BHPian

guys,lets finalise a date real soon. I'm sure it will make many more ppl join in. I'm ok with it starting 9th or 13th... What do you guys think? Should we think of finalising a date by this wednesday?
Closed Thread